The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Make your own Grindhouse

Filmmakers have a deadline of February 12 to submit their “grindhouse trailer� (no longer than two minutes in length) to SXSW. The trailer should be made for a fictional feature-film, just like those being made by celebrity directors Eli Roth and Rob Zombie for Grindhouse. From those submissions, Rodriguez will determine the best of the bunch, and it will screen during a special presentation entitled “Robert Rodriguez’s Grindhouse 101� on Sunday, March 11. During the presentation, Rodriguez will share stories and footage from the making of the upcoming Dimension Films release.

Submissions must arrive no later than February 12, to: “SXSW Grindhouse Trailers,� P.O. Box 4999, Austin, TX 78765. There is no application fee, but the trailers must be under two minutes in length, and made within the last 12 months. Films that have already been submitted to SXSW for 2007 consideration, are not eligible. The 2007 SXSW Film Festival occurs March 9-17 throughout downtown Austin, TX. Grindhouse will open nationwide on April 6, 2007

Fuckin’ A. I’d like to shoot something…

Is anyone gonna try?

i would but i dont have any of the equipment, that i usually have at my college. some here should try though, i reckon nearly everyone who posts here would offer advice to anyone trying

don’t be shy, guys. dress up your girlfriends and shoot some weird shit

Damn I have shot some stuff already this summer. It’s called Butcher. I filmed a butcher cutting a dead pig into pieces in Ireland. As soon as I have time i’m gonna cut it together :slight_smile:

awesome be sure to post here so we can all have a look!

I think all of us on this board should all get together and create huge grindhouse trailer. We could fucking steal the show. :wink:

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
I think all of us on this board should all get together and create huge grindhouse trailer. We could fucking steal the show. :wink:
[/quote]

Yeah, it’s kind of a problem that we come from all four corners of the world though.

Id love to make a Grindhouse trailer. The only things I dont have are: a camera, a cast, props and editing software. :slight_smile:

Ahah, so you’re out of contest. I think that’s a very good challenge BUT very short time to do everything, deal with the school, free time of all a crew, write and shoot and edit very quickly something, plus the time to send it to the USA. :-</E>

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Id love to make a Grindhouse trailer. The only things I dont have are: a camera, a cast, props and editing software. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Same here…I could use pictures!

Does this mean it is going to be televised or what? I would love to make one…but if i never get to see what happens to it or how it might be used, then i think that’d be a waste of time.

It would rule if they picked the best one and put it in between the 2 films with the others!

I was surprised to read it will only be shown at the Austin film fest. Cause that’s more worthy if the best is really included aming the others, at leat for the dvd, cause they can’t re-edit the movie before the release.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
[/quote]

Steal/borrow/rent a camera, use your family/friends as cast, stuff in your house or friends stuff as props,

download some kinda editing program and you’re set :stuck_out_tongue:

Forgot to post the Tagline of Butcher :stuck_out_tongue:

Butcher(Instead of a t a bloody knife :wink:)

When the butcher has finished his pork… He will get after you!

I would love to see a trailer like combat shock where the narrator overhypes the movie. Haha that would be awesome.

to understand this, we have to make a trailer that shows what? something like the original trailer? what is grindhouse? also are we going to do this with our own cameras or to take parts from excisting movies?

(Little off-topic) A trailer that i have made some years later for a bad friend of mine :smiley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnIz6a_ihPs

Yeah, great idea, let´s make one from behalf of the tarantino.net fan forum.

Regarding equipment, I have a handycam but I guess that is out of the question. I´m also pretty good at editing stuff, I´ll post some vids this sunday.