Loosing all respect for The Guardian

okay I never really liked that paper but

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/mar … -tarantino”>Hannah Montana: The Movie: Inglourious Basterds by another name | Comedy films | The Guardian</LINK_TEXT>

haha

Most pointless article in history.

Yeah, it’s obviously just a joke, but a ridiculous one. It hurt my brain just reading it. I had to watch the Teaser though, to get my fix. Sooooooouuuuund good? YES SIR!!

I could see Miley Cyrus in a Tarantino movie in 5 years or so after she becomes washed up kind of like Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears. Maybe he could put her in that “southern” he’s making or that remake of Faster Pussycat Kill Kill they keep talking about. She could play the Tura Santana charachter. I could see Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus in it yeah yeah

No offence, but all those Lindsey Lohan/Britney Spears rumours were the worst things I’ve ever seen anyone relate to Tarantino. It offends me so much that people would think it’s a good idea to have those skanks in a Tarantino film. Did QT actually mention this? Or was it just some retardedness conjured up by the worst journalists? Using old-greats such as Travolta, Grier, Forster, Carradine and Russell is way different to using washed-up, psycho’s like Spears and Lohan.

I was being tongue in cheek in my post. But with his love of pop culture, washed up stars and the fact that she is from Tennessee well Miley in a Tarantino film isnt completely out of the realm of possibility in the future.

Not everyone seems to hate the Master at The Guardian:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/may … male-roles”>Why Quentin Tarantino should be celebrated by women | Quentin Tarantino | The Guardian</LINK_TEXT>

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again - all UK papers tend to be very snotty towards QT.

Rubbish. Just rubbish.

Funny

[quote=“Roboplege”]
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again - all UK papers tend to be very snotty towards QT.
[/quote]

Oh no they don’t! I believe it was “ALL” these UK papers who loved Reservoir Dogs and who actually ‘discovered’ him before his own country gave him a chance.

He might not be popular with The Guardian but that doesn’t mean this country turned on him. Maybe they just preferred his earlier work (as a lot of people did, including half of his fans). He still gets good press among our tabloids.

[quote=“Cyd”]
Oh no they don’t! I believe it was “ALL” these UK papers who loved Reservoir Dogs and who actually ‘discovered’ him before his own country gave him a chance.

He might not be popular with The Guardian but that doesn’t mean this country turned on him. Maybe they just preferred his earlier work (as a lot of people did, including half of his fans). He still gets good press among our tabloids.[/quote]

Really? I was pretty sure that, recently at least, he’s been slagged off left right and centre by our press.

And I’m pretty certain that a number of tabloids jumped on the outrage bandwagon with Reservoir Dogs.

Where was the critical assessment in that article? It reads much more like slander than critique.

[quote=“Roboplege”]
Really? I was pretty sure that, recently at least, he’s been slagged off left right and centre by our press.

And I’m pretty certain that a number of tabloids jumped on the outrage bandwagon with Reservoir Dogs.
[/quote][quote=“Roboplege”]

[/quote]

Not true, Quentin has always had fantastic press here in the UK. QT even states himself that before America gave a shit about who he was the Brits embraced him and made him feel like he had made it.