The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Looking Back on it

Do you think PF should have won the oscar for best picture? I know everyone here is a big QT fan, but Forrest Gump was a great film. That film had just as many quotables as PF, and memorable characters.

So what do you think? Gump or PF? Back up your opinions.

in the eyes of the people that pick the winners; Forrest Gump

Yes I quite liked Forrest Gump when I saw it, back when it came out, and kept re-watching it, but I haven’t seen it for years now. But IMO, Pulp Fiction is the greatest film of all time. I fuckin’ love this movie. And for it to be only QT’s 2nd proper film, that has to say a lot about the man. I think Pulp Fiction was better than Forrest Gump in EVERY way, whether it be the dialogue, the acting or the music, Pulp Fiction pisses all over it. Although FG made quite an impact on me, it made no where near as much impact on me than PF did. But those cunts at the Academy Awards thought otherwise.

Tarantino is a fuckin’ genius mother fuckers

Pulp Fiction just wasn’t really a film for 'the big public’

Forrest Gump was

Yeah.

But please consider that even though Pulp Fiction is an awesome Film and Forrest Gump is more a “mainstream” type of film, Forrest Gump is still a great piece of movie, wether or not you like it. it is made very well and the acting is really great. the story is like a modern fairytail and its what cinema is about: entertainment.

i really wished Pulp Fiction wouldve won it, but then again: that would make Pulp Fiction a mainstream movie, and we dont want that, dont we? i mean, fuck the fucking oscars, who gives a shit about the fucking academy award? fucking shakespear in love has an oscar and its nowhere near pulp fiction

I really liked FG the first time I saw it, but I noticed all the flaws when I viewed it for the second time. Alot of it just feels really hokey and too Hollywoodish, and I hate it whenever Gump is telling something to the audience and 2 seconds later a character in the movie actually says it. It’s cute at first, but gets really fucking annoying after a while. Still, I think that FG is pretty good even though it’s no masterpiece

I thought Forrest Gump was decent, not great, not shitty, but nothing too memorable. After Forrest Gump was over, I didn’t feel the tingling sensation I feel after I watch a great movie, but when Surf Rider played at the end of Pulp Fiction, I knew it was one of (if not the best) movie(s) I’ve ever seen.

Pulp Fiction should have one, but as Seb said, that would have made stupid mainstream people like it, and that can ruin a good movie.

[quote=“ClarenceWorley”]
I thought Forrest Gump was decent, not great, not shitty, but nothing too memorable. After Forrest Gump was over, I didn’t feel the tingling sensation I feel after I watch a great movie, but when Surf Rider played at the end of Pulp Fiction, I knew it was one of (if not the best) movie(s) I’ve ever seen.

Pulp Fiction should have one, but as Seb said, that would have made stupid mainstream people like it, and that can ruin a good movie.
[/quote]

Yeh when Pulp finished I knew I had just seen a masterpiece. I was quite sad that it finished, I wanted more of that dialogue and more of the film, I didn’t want it to end!! (that is not to say I welcome a Vega brothers movie)

FG is a better made movie mostly because of the bigger budget. You can PF was made cheap but PF’s scenes just appeal to me more.

The OSCARS really are the opisite of being black & white because you tryin to compare 2 movies that aren’t even in the same genre. Comparing PULP 2 GUMP doesn’t make since to me.

They’re both great movies, in their own separate genres.

Personaly, GUMP should have gotten BEST PICTURE.

exactly

they had to make a choice and they chose forrest gump, get over it

I think its cooler to be great and not need a little hardware to tell you what you already know. Nothing against Gump, but I would rather be the better film and not get an award than be the more mainstream film and get the award.

Also I see everyone with banners and stuff at the bottom of their posts how do you get those?