Laser Disc

I much perfer laserdiscs over shittyass fuckin VCDs. I can tell ya’ll that! :slight_smile:

Laserdiscs had good quality and better sound mixes. VCD only has quality of an AVI film and the sound like an WM file. Ugh terrible shivers

QTFIghtClub, you’re only 16, so don’t play that card.

Nothing wrong with 8 track, you never had to rewind the tape at the end because it was back were it started.

I wanna see the Sonatine laserdisc with Quentin Tarantinos intro 8)

[quote]QTFIghtClub, you’re only 16, so don’t play that card.[/quote]
Who gives a shit? Im obviously smarter/more mature than you are. What “card” am i “playing”? ::slight_smile:

And yea, VCD looks/sounds like crap.

You said I’m only 15, so I wouldn’t understand laZZZZZerdisc. So I looked at your profile, thinking you’d be like twenty to say something like that. And you’re one freakin’ year older than me.

So what, I’m obviously old enough to understand how cool Laser is.

YOU’RE THE SAME AGE AS ME. WHATEVER YOU’RE OLD ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND, I’M OLD ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND. I get the point about the laserdiscs, I’m just saying that they’re obsolete. THat’s all. Cool, but obsolete.

Capiche?

You shouldn’ta said “yeah lazerfags”.

Ignorence like that can tick people off.

[quote]You shouldn’ta said “yeah lazerfags”.

Ignorence like that can tick people off. [/quote]
Yes, it can, and it did. But ive learned how to forgive and forget…

The laserfag thing was a joke. I don’t think laser’s for fags.

pulp fiction LD was even THX certified.

lasers were pretty good… BACK THEN.

i really long for the scorsese commentary to Taxi Driver, which is NOT on the DVD but was on the LD

Laser Discs were really kick ass back in the day, but now they’re pretty pointless. They are like records in terms of size but they aren’t like Records because movies were never really at any point exclusively releaced on them because Laser Discs were never the only way to watch movies, unlike records to music.

But one thing’s for sure, from about 1993-1997 laser discs were the coolest thing on the street, I remember watching Jurasic Park on my family’s laser disc player and being amazed by the suround sound and the WAY better picture. It’s just funny how amazingly huge ass they are, and it would often take two or three discs (using both sides) to finish one movie. Some had SIX discs.

SIX?! Now there’s convenience…

Yeah, no kidding. The worst part is that every 20 minutes the player would have to switch from side A of the disc to side B, at least it did that by it’s self. And once the disc was finished you’d have to get your lazy ass up and change the disc, and once that side of the disc is done you wait till it was autoly (I wish that was a word) switched from A to B only to switch the discs all over again. It was the by far the lamest part about laser discs.

…at least they looked kick ass.

Whenever I look at one I want to just throw it at somebody’s neck and slice their head off. DEATH BY LASERDISC!

Six discs? Changing every 20 minutes? That’s why laserdisc is gay.

Nah, its usually not every 20mins. it was more like every hour or so…

VCDs are the same way, plus, there’s no features on them.

That’s why VCDs are so gay and laserdisc is so cool. Bitzatch. :-*

Do you have to take the VCD out during the movie and switch sides?