The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Kill Bill: The Total Package

when both volumes are put together, are they just going to be put together or will some scenes be placed differently? i mean dont you think it will be a bit uneven if the first half of the movie is full of action and then it slows down?

I allways thought that Qt will make a WHOLE movie about it later on.

If it is only V 1 and V2 on one DVD set, that would be such a disappointment.

Above all why should someone buy it than?

There must me a reason to buy the 2 barebones DVD 1 and 2 and later on a wonderful special edition with the whole 3 hour + movie.

Yuki’s revenge I’m sure was the chapter that connected both volumes, but that was taken out. So it would seem a bit uneven I’m thinking.

A while ago I saw Pulp Fiction totally re-edited to be sequential. I think a Kill Bill 3+ hour movie in order would be cool.

Realisticly though, they should be 2 seperate movies.

[quote]A while ago I saw Pulp Fiction totally re-edited to be sequential.[/quote]

Where the hell did you get to see it like that?

And about the kill bill thing, it’s not just going to be the two movies put together, Quentin will also add some more material to it, especially in the middle part. He’s re-shooting shit for the middle part where the split used to be.

Are you guys serious??? First off Vol2 will be full of action - maybe even more action than VOl1. If you are expecting only dialogue because the reviews are raving about it I’m sure you’ll be surprised.

As for the double DVD I can pretty much GUARANTEE that it will not sequential order. QT would never allow that as it will lose its artistic value. If you want to watch it in order I suggest you program your DVD player.

In terms of it being one 3-hour movie I don’t think it’ll happen. It would have to be fully restructured it terms of opening and closing credits. Furthermore it seems that both volumes are themed differently (Vol1 - Hard-core Revenge and Vol2 - Kill is Love). Being a complete movie I think it would seem incomplete for the everyday viewer.

[quote]

Quentin will also add some more material to it, especially in the middle part. He’s re-shooting shit for the middle part where the split used to be.
[/quote]

Where the hell did you come up with this?

I didn’t fuckin come up with that shit you cockamaroach. It was said by the man himself off an interview. I don’t know where the article is because it’s buried deep in a topic somewhere in this forum. If you wanna look for it, be my guest. Otherwise, trust me I didnt make it up.

i doubt tarantino would reshoot anything coz he said that when he announced it was final that it would be two movies some of the crew asked about reshooting then and he said ‘no’ coz if he didnt have enough footage from that year of filming he aint a good film maker.

but if it was put together he would have to make some changes, maybe even use alternate footage instead of that bit where bills chatting to sofie fatale and they cut to the clips from part two.

i get impression from the reviews that the two movies are different stylistically though, the second being more of a western so if qt did put them together itd be a weird movie in that respect too. if he had intended it to be one whole movie he would obviously have edited vol 2 differently so the whole movie worked and flowed as one, so if its gonna be one movie maybe he’ll do that, re edit but no way re shoot.

[quote]Are you guys serious??? First off Vol2 will be full of action - maybe even more action than VOl1.  If you are expecting only dialogue because the reviews are raving about it I’m sure you’ll be surprised.

As for the double DVD I can pretty much GUARANTEE that it will not sequential order. QT would never allow that as it will lose its artistic value. If you want to watch it in order I suggest you program your DVD player.

In terms of it being one 3-hour movie I don’t think it’ll happen.  It would have to be fully restructured it terms of opening and closing credits.  Furthermore it seems that both volumes are themed differently (Vol1 - Hard-core Revenge and Vol2 - Kill is Love).  Being a complete movie I think it would seem incomplete for the everyday viewer. [/quote]

Ok firstily, Vol. 2 has less action that Vol. 1. I think we’ve known this for a while now.

And who the hell wants it to be in sequential order anyway? We just want the damn thing cut into one feature.

And most importantly, get your asses into the ET Thread and watch the new fucking trailer!

[quote]

Where the hell did you get to see it like that?
[/quote]

The old school Scour Exchange. 8)

'nother problem is: If 1+2 are put together, they’re far too long for one disc anyway. So why put it together?

[quote]

Ok firstily, Vol. 2 has less action that Vol. 1. I think we’ve known this for a while now.
[/quote]

I’m expecting as much action but less blood! I don’t think you know as much as you think you know!!!

SPOILER*****

Did you forget that there are still 2 major Deadly Viper battles, the masacre, as well as Pei Mei?

[quote]I didn’t fuckin come up with that shit you cockamaroach. It was said by the man himself off an interview. I don’t know where the article is because it’s buried deep in a topic somewhere in this forum. If you wanna look for it, be my guest. Otherwise, trust me I didnt make it up.[/quote]

With a 5***** rating I’m really surprised that actually believe this load of crap. Kill Bill went way over budget and time to film the movie.

[quote]'nother problem is: If 1+2 are put together, they’re far too long for one disc anyway. So why put it together?[/quote]

you sure it cant? im sure they can squeeze it all on one disc

[quote]'nother problem is: If 1+2 are put together, they’re far too long for one disc anyway. So why put it together?[/quote]

With the LOTR special edition they popped it on two discs. You switch half-way, but it still flows well.

[quote]

With a 5***** rating I’m really surprised that actually believe this load of crap. Kill Bill went way over budget and time to film the movie.  [/quote]

It would be awesome to see it happen, though. Wishful thinking, I guess

I actually remember Quentin saying that the version with the two put together might be a slightly different cut.

But nothing is for sure, so to me it’s all up in the air.

[quote]I actually remember Quentin saying that the version with the two put together might be a slightly different cut.

But nothing is for sure, so to me it’s all up in the air.[/quote]

I pray to god there is an extended cut.

I would sacrifice my first born child to see Yuki get her revenge.