Kill Bill sequel and prequel talk in here

Oops, should have promised Kyrus I wouldn’t post again, not Otis.

You gotta promise me too, buddy

Well there was alot of unnecessary sarcasm directed towards the subject of the thread I think we all did not appreciate.

Come on, guys.

He just told his goddamn version, it was his first post and so on. By the way it made me laugh and think about it.

Sorry steve1970, but I think that’s bullshit. You want to make everything clear, finish the whole Kill Bill thing, but the movie’s great with it’s secrets and all. You have to agree. So that everyone can make his own version about what really happened.

AND WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL??? Never POST again, have you lost your mind???

Be happy that he didn’t create a topic “Our versions about events after Kill Bill” what wouldn’t be so bad, I like to read such stroies.

Steve, you should keep posting :slight_smile:

I am not discouraging Steve or anybody from posting or participating on this site. Of course not, I want nothing more than to welcome more Tarantino aboard.

Back to the subject at hand, should there be a prequel or sequel to Kill Bill? Here the question is asked more overtly direct with an expectant opinion and thoughts.

Okay, let me re-emphasize my query, would any one dare desire the return of Beatrix Kiddo or is the original the holiest of holies and whose material should never be touched again? Please speak your mind.

grin

Well: Welcome to the board, Steve.

I definatly wanna see QT making IB or whatever. KB is a wonderful and great movie and it is like it is. So I can not see the need that we get a prequel/sequel in these days. QT should look up for other things.

I read that someone wrote here, that Steve should leave the board. WTF?

Sorry, guys, I def. not agree with him, for me the death of Bill id great, but noone should answer Steve with this “leave the board” shit. As long as the guy stick to the board rules and contribut in talking on topic, there is no need to be so aggressive against him. Above all it was his first post on this board.

We should give everyone the chance to express his fellings, without being killed that soon ;D ;D ;D ;D

IMO the ending of KB was a masterpiece, I loved it. First when I heard that it would not be like written in the first draft, I was disappointed, cuz I loved that draft scene. But after seeing it on the big screen, I understand that this ending is better. Very well made. I do not wanna see Bill alive, it would ruin KB for me. Carrdine died in a wonderful way…

btw, Otis, there is something called a modify/edit buttom. You can use it, if you wanna post again after 2 hours (just look in the board rules) - no need to make a new post :wink:

Okay, sorry bout that. I basically echo my earlier thoughts that nothing significant can be added to KB. Only that it would be singularly cool to see Uma Thurman reprise this role and it would have to be supported by a super script of course. KB is perfection however.

I liked the original ending with the fight on the beach, but it doesn’t worry me he didn’t use it. It was also pretty anti-climatic. There was no fight, Beatrix just got in her wedding dress and they went down to the beach. Bill ran at her with a sword and he killed him in one slash. Its a better ending but its still no climax

The wedding dress evokes a powerful and emotional language but I would not say it is an improvement because the dialogue in the theatrical version is just as moving if not more so. I love the whole Face to Face chapter easily the strongest material in both volumes.

Dont want to see a sequal to Kill Bill. Wouldnt mind a DiVAS spin-off looking at the time before the Wedding Massacre. The climax of the move could be the wedding hijack

Well, I’m glad to know that some people have forgiven me for my debut post :slight_smile:. I have thought over what I’ve written and agree that some of it wasn’t very well planned. The part with Sophie Fatale I look at now and say “what was I thinking?” As for the other stuff, I wanted Beatrix to have another shot at Elle and have Elle die a very slow, painful death. At least as slow and painful as what she did to Budd. IMHO Elle did not suffer enough; she was the most blackhearted and evil of the whole DiVAS squad. I put in the part about Nikki because she was the only innocent victim (other than the wedding party) in the whole movie. Maybe Nikki’s mother deserved what she got, but Nikki sure didn’t. Heck, Beatrix could feel the kid’s pain and practically invited the kid to take revenge on her someday. If nothing else happens in a Volume 3, I want Nikki to avenge her mother. And as for Bill, I agree now that he died in probably the best way possible. He was a killer, but he really wasn’t a violent man. If he had been a violent man, little B.B. wouldn’t have been so well physically and mentally after being raised by him for 4 years. For him, killing was more an art/act of love and less an act of desperation/act of hatred. It was only right that he was killed in a bloodless, painless manner. Kind of like Socrates. Bill did what he did to Beatrix because he loved her. He knew that she loved to kill as well and didn’t want her to stop doing what she (deep down) loved to do. Anyway, I guess the only reason I really wanted Bill to come back was that it wouldn’t make sense to call the movie “Kill Bill Volume 3” if Bill had already been killed.

I want to see David Carradine in more movies. He is a marvelous actor. KB Volume 1 was snubbed at the last Oscars. I kind of hope since there isn’t a Lord of the Rings movie coming this winter that KB Volume 2 gets some nominations, particularly a Best Actor nomination for Carradine and a Best Supporting Actor nomination for Gordon Liu.

[quote]IMHO Elle did not suffer enough; she was the most blackhearted and evil of the whole DiVAS squad[/quote]

WHAT? She suffered, imagine yourself knowing that you’re blind forever, being in horrible horrible pain and knowing that Kiddo was the one who fucked you up!!!

Elle got what she deserved.

And read my post in Kill Bill section “The way how Kiddo killed everyone”, I tell the same thing too and with all other things it looks quite clear that SHE really suffered…

And by the way I’m glad about you considering not to leave the forum and never post again.

I love the Kill Bill universe, mainly because QT introduced and told different stories within both Kill Bill films. The stories that QT can come up with are really limitless. I would love a series of prequels done all in anime released on DVD much like the Animatrix. I would love for QT to dive further into Hanzo’s past along with Pai Mei. He could also do individual anime stories for each DiVA member telling there past much like the origin of Oren story in Volume I.

Now for the sequel. The sequel already has it’s story pretty much laid out. We know for a fact that Nikki goes with Sophie and gets trained to be an assassin and is looking to take Bea out for the murder of her mother. That’s the basic outline of what could be Volume III, or as I like to call it Kill Beatrix Volume I. Other facts that QT has revealed about this sequel is that Bea will no longer have use of her legs, we also know that Sophie no longer has arms, and that Elle was left without eyes. This is were I would bring back Elle Driver and have her take on an assassin apprentice if you will, to aid her in the quest to kill Bea. Sophie has no arms but has Nikki, Bea cannot use her legs but has B.B., so it should be almost poetic that Elle should have her own assassin. I really think it should be a male character balancing out the gender factor. Of course his name would be something along the lines of Billy or Buddy, cheesy but very much effective. Also the last cool fact. Bea has her Hanzo sword which more than likely now will belong to B.B., since Sophie got all of Bill’s money we should assume that also came with his Hanzo sword which will now be Nikki’s, and finally Bea did not leave the trailer with Budd’s sword which means Elle also will have her Hanzo blade ready for some action. Three Hanzo swords colliding in what should be one hella bad ass ride.

I’d like to see a DiVAS comic book as well as a video game. Should be based on the different mission that Bill sent them on.

I’d love to see a Live action DIVAS Movie. I hope QT considers it, before Daryl and Michael get old and well before David gets too old. Uma, Vivica, Lucy and Julie are all fine for the next ten years they probably wont age that rapidly.

QTcould have done a Vegas Brothers movie but sadly John and Michael’s looks gave in to gravity

This is how I see it developing and I believe it’s the best way to go about it, story wise and marketing wise as well. I see a set of prequel films all done in anime telling the story of the DiVAS. I see a seperate “movie” anime for each of the DiVAS characters telling there back story and how they came to join the group. I feel that Bill’s back story should have it’s own three part anime story telling us his entire life with his three father figures he had (Esteban, Hanzo, Pai Mei). Pai Mei says he hated Japs I feel that there’s a story there that focuses on him and Hanzo having history together. These anime films would be released prior to the sequel to Kill Bill entitled…Kill Beatrix.

Kill Beatrix would be QT’S first real sequel to one of his movies. In the sequel we would meet up with the Bride several years later, still with her daughter only this time we come to find out that all those years of fighting took a lot out of her and has now lost the use of her legs. We meet up with Sofie who has been training Nikki in order to take revenge on Beatrix for what she did to her mother. Sofie received all of Bill’s money along with everything he owned including his Hanzo sword. Next and finally we meet up with the woman we thought was dead but remained alive…Elle Driver. Now blind she is guided by a mysterious “helper” known as Billy. Elle also has a Hanzo sword, taking Budd’s from the trailer. So the story is set up like so, Beatrix has no legs but had B.B., Sofie has no arms but has Nikki, and Elle has no eyes but has Billy. All of them have there Hanzo blade ready for one of the greatest battles ever to be put on film.

Any thoughts?

[quote=“Mr._Budd”]
This is how I see it developing and I believe it’s the best way to go about it, story wise and marketing wise as well. I see a set of prequel films all done in anime telling the story of the DiVAS. I see a seperate “movie” anime for each of the DiVAS characters telling there back story and how they came to join the group. I feel that Bill’s back story should have it’s own three part anime story telling us his entire life with his three father figures he had (Esteban, Hanzo, Pai Mei). Pai Mei says he hated Japs I feel that there’s a story there that focuses on him and Hanzo having history together. These anime films would be released prior to the sequel to Kill Bill entitled…Kill Beatrix.

Kill Beatrix would be QT’S first real sequel to one of his movies. In the sequel we would meet up with the Bride several years later, still with her daughter only this time we come to find out that all those years of fighting took a lot out of her and has now lost the use of her legs. We meet up with Sofie who has been training Nikki in order to take revenge on Beatrix for what she did to her mother. Sofie received all of Bill’s money along with everything he owned including his Hanzo sword. Next and finally we meet up with the woman we thought was dead but remained alive…Elle Driver. Now blind she is guided by a mysterious “helper” known as Billy. Elle also has a Hanzo sword, taking Budd’s from the trailer. So the story is set up like so, Beatrix has no legs but had B.B., Sofie has no arms but has Nikki, and Elle has no eyes but has Billy. All of them have there Hanzo blade ready for one of the greatest battles ever to be put on film.

Any thoughts?
[/quote]
No and no. First of all You are a good writer but the logic is flawed. The whole thing would not work,By the end of the movie Beatrix shouls just go off because she probably will entually redeem herself. In between 1 and 2 she changes a bit. I doubt even if Niki’s mother worked with Sofie she wouldn’t team up with her,Sofie is just a bitch pure and simple. Maybe a prequal with them as Hitwomen for Bill but I (and most people) would like to see Kill Bill as a stand alone movie. I would rather him do a movie like IB or Vega Brothers.

Although its always nice to see prequels and sequels, because you know the story and the characters, i think if QT did more kill bill stuff it would ruin it. I think it’s time he moved on and did another picture about something else. Otherwise he’ll just ware the subject out until it ends up like the crappy Bond films that are being made now.

[quote=“MiaRose”]
Although its always nice to see prequels and sequels, because you know the story and the characters, i think if QT did more kill bill stuff it would ruin it. I think it’s time he moved on and did another picture about something else. Otherwise he’ll just ware the subject out until it ends up like the crappy Bond films that are being made now.
[/quote]
Bond films are good but you got to understand,Ian Flemming isn’t righting the books anymore. Some are mindless,some are intelligent. Yes if Quentin Tarantino did another one it would end badly.