Kill Bill Movie reference (please contribute)

Pai Mei was actually featured in Executioners From Shaolin first (awesome flick). Then Fists of The White Lotus. But yep thats where he came from.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Pai Mei was actually featured in Executioners From Shaolin first (awesome flick). Then Fists of The White Lotus.
[/quote]

I wasn’t saying that Clan of the White Lotus was where Pai Mei was first featured and 'sides I knew the above even before I posted.

hasn’t that been in the references guide for a long time now? if now, we need to fix it I guess

[quote=“m_burlock”]
I wasn’t saying that Clan of the White Lotus was where Pai Mei was first featured and 'sides I knew the above even before I posted.
[/quote]

OK. Its just the whole Pai Mei/Fists of the White Lotus thing has been known for a long time. Im pretty sure its been in the wiki for a few years now.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.ph … ill_trivia”>http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Kill_Bill_trivia</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“moviemike”]
Watching the bullet being fired is taken from Dario Argento’s Opera, where we see an extreme close shot of a bullet going through the peephole of a door in a hotel room door.
[/quote]

in stendhal syndrom as well, if i remember correctly…

As soon as i saw first time the band-aid on the finger of Elle Driver, i just started to think about to what this is a reference; because after the band-aid on the back of Marsellus’s neck in Pulp fiction that was used normally just for covering a scar of Ving Rhames without an idea including this theory or another, became one of the key elements of the most popular theory of the cinema about what is in the briefcase; this time Tarantino had to use this object intentionally for a purpose displaying it evidently on the screen.

Then i realised that when i was watching The Good The Bad and The Ugly, the missing part of the Lee Van Cleef’s finger and first thing that comes to my mind to check on which finger of Elle Driver ther is a band-aid.

The result: In a way that can not be explained by coincidence, the band-aid is on the same knuckle of the right hand’s middle finger!!!

Taking into account this with the fact that Kill Bill Vol.2 is particularly a hommage to spaghetti westerns and Elle Driver is real “the bad” of the movie (Budd is retired and became a looser, O’Ren has a reason in her childhood for being who she is, Vernita settled down, started a new life and Bill’s heart was broken and there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard…but Elle has not any reason or became a looser or retired she is the only real bad character and also the real opposite one of Beatrix); i think that this band-aid of Elle Driver is a reference to “the bad” of spaghetti western genre.

Some images proving this reference: Lee Van Cleef’s lost tip of his middle finger on his right hand from The Good The Bad and The Ugly and band-aid from Kill Bill (besides for those could wondering; Daryl Hannah’s missing finger is the index finger on her left hand; so this band-aid is not used for signifying that):

Nice!!! She def is The BAD of the film. Shes the worst of the worst. Although Budd is a bit of a snake in the grass because of how he bushwhacked Bea.

I love when people think about things like that!! I noticed the exact same thing. Leone was very fascinated in little things like that, he liked showing Van Cleef’s finger. Of course, QT is just the same. So it may have a dual-reasoning - a reference to Van Cleef AND that he himself is fascinated by little things like that. Daryl Hannah actually has that part of her finger missing as well (like Van Cleef) and she wears a prosthetic finger-end to cover it up.

[quote=“Turk”]

[/quote]

I always thought that that was Bill’s hand :slight_smile:.

Btw, another note is that Kill Bill is (also) dedicated to Lee van Cleef.

The end to Suddenly Last Summer where Liz Taylor is persuaded to remember the mysterious death of her cousin, Sebastian was very similar to that of Kill Bill Vol. 2 .

Liz is injected by a “truth serum” - well not exactly, but something like it, and she remembers the past events and that ends the big question mark of the movie. In Kill Bill that’s how QT ended the film too - well before she cries in the restroom.

Might be a refrence… ???

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
The end to Suddenly Last Summer where Liz Taylor is persuaded to remember the mysterious death of her cousin, Sebastian was very similar to that of Kill Bill Vol. 2 .

Liz is injected by a “truth serum” - well not exactly, but something like it, and she remembers the past events and that ends the big question mark of the movie. In Kill Bill that’s how QT ended the film too - well before she cries in the restroom.

Might be a refrence… ???
[/quote]

Might be since Tarantino steals almost everywhere, ahah. Not seriously, plus he likes this movie. I should watch it again, it was a very good movie as I recall. Liz Taylor and Montgomery Clift are the best !

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Might be since Tarantino steals almost everywhere, ahah. Not seriously, plus he likes this movie. I should watch it again, it was a very good movie as I recall. Liz Taylor and Montgomery Clift are the best !
[/quote]

How do you know he likes it?

Wasn’t it on his fav movie list ? Or I read it somewhere.

Hi. The music of the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique, when Bill is killed, is taken from 1983 Hong Kong movie 8 Diagram Pole Fighter.

I’m not sure if this is the right place of improvements, but for the Kill Bill Reference Guide, Hattori Hanzo the swordmaker was the star of Kage No Gundan, a japanese TV show Tarantino watched as a kid O0

MR. FOX

FRASER WHIELDON

[quote=“Mr. Fox”]I’m not sure if this is the right place of improvements, but for the Kill Bill Reference Guide, Hattori Hanzo the swordmaker was the star of Kage No Gundan, a japanese TV show Tarantino watched as a kid O0

MR. FOX

FRASER WHIELDON
[/quote]

Hey I merged your topic with this one.

Patrick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNKHS8Df2ec

I’m just watching Jackie Brown and I noticed that the way Jackie says “mm mmm” twice (as in the sound you make when you mean “no”) when Ordell comes to visit her after he bails her out, is just like the way B.B does it in Kill Bill when Budd tells her to tell her mother what she said about her. ;D

[quote=“Ify”]I’m just watching Jackie Brown and I noticed that the way Jackie says “mm mmm” twice (as in the sound you make when you mean “no”) when Ordell comes to visit her after he bails her out, is just like the way B.B does it in Kill Bill when Budd tells her to tell her mother what she said about her. ;D[/quote]

Nice one, I’m gonna go check that out.

I am a big Quentin Tarantino fan and I have watched almost all of the movies he directed/created. One movie that left an impression was the Kill Bill Series. I think it’s the only film where I appreciated some sword fights with different characters, with different techniques. Above all of this, I really like the ending with the deathstrike. That move is pretty awesome! Is it possible?

Alma Wolfe