Is Rodriguez still making Machete?

If the last picture is from “He gets the women” part I’m disappointed if they are in bikini! :smiley:

[quote=“NonStop”]
First Look: Lindsay Lohan on “Machete” Set

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p … 98&count=0”>http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=14698&count=0</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

theres plenty nicer women in the world then lindsay lohan. i would but i dont know why she gets some much credit

will robert be shooting this as one movie or the three? because the sin city trilogy wont be happening at this stage, if he doesnt shoot as much material as three movies well never see a machete trilogy

Pretty sure it’s just the one movie for now. I don’t think anyone’s gonna bank that much money on a fake trailer turned movie.

[quote=“NonStop”]
First Look: Lindsay Lohan on “Machete” Set

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p … 98&count=0”>http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=14698&count=0</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

Haha, I love the comments on that site.

“I see they took out the pictures of Lohan bent over and on her back at the audition…”

;D

So he’s already making it! That’s awesme! 8)

Wow, maybe she was just taking a bad picture on that day but she doesn’t look sexy in the fucking least. Maybe in the tradition of grindhouse movies they just cast her because she isn’t a star anymore. Kinda like Cuba Gooding jr. and Val Kilmer in all those straight to dvd flicks.

Is Robert directing?

Nope. Well, he’s co-directing and I think that pretty much means that he’s only directing the stuff they shot when they did the trailer. Someone else has taken over.

In a way the cast is filled with struggling stars, it’s very easy for them to start slipping away if they don’t make a successful picture out of it. I doubt Lindsay Lohan will be able to make another film if no one sees this. Michelle Rodriguez has been heavily typecast as the chick with a dick - all bravado and no soul, and roles like those have diminished completely. I think Michelle can be a decent actress, she can act and look very pretty, but for some reason she just wants to kick ass. She doesn’t have the skill of a Bette Davis to back up serious roles, so she’s in the middle of a frustrating Hollywood. I think Hollywood could use a woman’s director right about now. There used to be guys like Cukor and Mankiewicz, George Stevens, and even Ernst Lubitsch and Clarence Brown. All we have now is Quentin…and…Quentin.

Well a woman’s director y’know - some people call them…er, well. But they’re not. Except for Cukor who many people suspect was. But they still make incredible films.

I thought Michelle Rodriguez was awesome on Lost. She still pretty much played the tough cop chick but the character had a lot more depth than she’s usually given to play with and she knocked it outta the park. In my opinion anyway.

No, she’s good. I like her when I see her on the screen. I’m just saying that tough chick roles aren’t as hot anymore as they were back in 2000-2004. I think after Aeon Flux, Elektra and Ultravioltet flopped not many studios released more of these pictures and Michelle Rodriguez faded after working with Uwe Boll. Let’s face it the people from Fast and Furious misadvertised the crappy movie by making us think she was going to be in it! And she was on the screen for like eight minutes! She used to have second billing in the movies, now she holds like third or fourth billing in ever movie she does. I’m just saying if Machete fails, a lot of good people will go down with it. Not Michelle though, she’s doing Avatar with Cameron - she can still find work.

Yeah, I was just saying that she’s got potential to do more than just play the tough chick. I still haven’t read the Machete script yet so I don’t really know what she’s doing in it. I assume it’s a tough chick. Which I’m cool with as long as her and Jessica Alba have a fight scene. Preferably in the rain while wearing thin white clothing.

Yeah that would be the most epic fight between two latin girls! And then they’ll start kissing afterwards as they start to rub each other’s boobies! Now that’s a movie!

Speaking of sexploitation fight scenes; What ever happened to Robert’s proposed “Women in Chains” series? I did a google search and can’t find anything on it since it was announced.

[quote=“Dex”]Speaking of sexploitation fight scenes; What ever happened to Robert’s proposed “Women in Chains” series? I did a google search and can’t find anything on it since it was announced.[/quote]

It’s becouse it ain’t an actual movie.

Nobody said it was. It was supposed to be a TV show. They announced it last summer. He was gonna direct the Pilot and executive produce. I’m guessing it just didn’t get picked up, but I don’t think they even shot the Pilot. It’s weird though. When “Women in Chains” was announced there were already two other Women in Prison style shows in development and none of those have happened either.

Sorry, if someone has posted this:

Explosion on the Set of Machete Directed by Robert Rodriguez - YouTube

Machete is gonna be so badass when it comes out, I cant fucking wait.

i got to go several times to watch him film, i met him. but DID NOT have a camera on me DOH!!!

and and he says the parts from the trailer from Grindhouse will be in the movie, he used those parts made the movie around those. AND he had written the script years ago before grindhouse, they made the trailer fir grindhouse to see reaction and if it would be a good project,

[quote=“looneybone”]i got to go several times to watch him film, i met him. but DID NOT have a camera on me DOH!!!

and and he says the parts from the trailer from Grindhouse will be in the movie, he used those parts made the movie around those. AND he had written the script years ago before grindhouse, they made the trailer fir grindhouse to see reaction and if it would be a good project,[/quote]

Cool. Did he shoot it all in Austin?