The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Is Pulp Fiction as pure as the other QT movies?

By this I mean that Pulp Fiction’s screenplay was co-written, while the other three of his movies were written only by him. (I know someone is going to try to pull Jackie Brown…) Is Pulp Fiction as pure a QT film as the others? Why or why not?

[quote]By this I mean that Pulp Fiction’s screenplay was co-written, while the other three of his movies were written only by him. (I know someone is going to try to pull Jackie Brown…) Is Pulp Fiction as pure a QT film as the others? Why or why not?[/quote]

I think even though QT used The Gold Watch story by Avary, it is still a 100% QT film. All the dialogue is definitely his and the direction is all his too. Not to mention the music in the film.

The only film he directed thats not 100% his is Jackie Brown. That was like a QT/Elmore Leonard film. Which is doubly great.

Pulp Fiction is still 100% his, even though he didn’t come up with the gold watch story on his own, he did write it. He wrote everything, and directed everything, what you saw was his vision and his vision alone.

It is purer.

pulp fiction would not exist if it wasnt for Q.T and i loved jackie brown

Cool then.

I am correct in that it was only storyline that Avery came up with, not the actual script (well, the watch segment anyway)?