Inglorious Bastards - English People?

[quote=“Geoi”]
I hope he casts Nick Frost in it! I can dream, can’t I? [/quote]

Wow Geoi, obsessed much?! (jokes). I can’t see it happening somehow!

p.s. nice work Geoi!

Thanks. ???

I know it won’t happen, but I could fucking die happy if it did.

[quote=“NonStop”]
I know this is going to be an American film, and I like lots of American WW2 films (my Dad’s a big lover of 50/60 WW2 films so I’ve seen loads, but the one that sticks out in my mind has to be The Guns of Navarone), however, still, it does annoy me a bit whn they don’t include any English people (we were there first!). I hope QT respects that and casts some English people for English soldiers.
[/quote]

Right on. I’m sick of every war movie being about the heroism of American soldiors. Where the fuck were they when half our British troops were being outnumbered.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
Right on. I’m sick of every war movie being about the heroism of American soldiors. Where the fuck were they when half our British troops were being outnumbered.
[/quote]

LOL! QT should have the UK characters be like the comedy relief in the movie. He can have the Benny Hill theme playing as the soldiers chase goats around. haha! :slight_smile:

lol

I think QT keep it non-political. if you make a political film do it full-on, but I don’t think that’s Quentin’s area of expertise. leave that to, i dont know, roger donaldson or oliver stone :wink:

You go QT, don’t ever let anyone walk all over youuuuuuuu!

I dont think QT ever wants to make a “political film”. Hes said it many times over the years. He also doesnt believe in “message movies” that try to force a big message on people. What else do you need to say in an anti-war film other than WAR IS BAD? QT has said he just wants to tell genre stories that are entertaining but also personal to him.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
[/quote]

Ditto.

That reminds me of what this comedian (can’t remember his name) had in his routine.

He said he was over in the UK visiting some friends, and they took him to a world Cup football match that was against Germany. He said everyone was all riled up, and he asked his mate, “So, why do you guys hate Germany so much?”. To which his friend began to shout at him, reminding him of the war and what Hitler had done to them. Then everyone began starting a chant that went, “If you WON the war, STAND UP”.

About half way through the third period, he started really getting into it so he decided to start his own chant. "If you weren’t in the war, but came in late and won it, STAND UP!"

It was something like it. It was really funny the way he said it. I suck at jokes.

lol futbol. Those cwazy Europeans really take that shit seriously

Why do Americans call it soccer? Seriously.

Association football - Wikipedia

because they already call the game where they carry the ball around football? :wink:

the UK guy in Bastards:

Brit #1: "Ello guv’nuh! Care for a spot o’ tea?"

Bastard #2: "Fuuuuck youuuu ya limey piece of shit."

Brit #1: "Cheerio then! Pip! Pip!"

Bastard #3 from Brooklyn: "Pip Pip THIS!"

Brit #1: "…alroight then gents! I’ll get your crumpets right off!"

Bastard #4: “Take that crumpet and stick it in your mothers mouth!”

How much do you charge for three hours at the Comedy Club.

Honestly, mate, that is GOLD.

Thanks mate! :slight_smile:

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
the UK guy in Bastards:

[/quote]

Damn, stick to the day job, dude (if you have one).

Sorry if i offended you guys.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
the UK guy in Bastards:

[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

CLASSIC PS!

Take that you English muffins!

I sorta went over the distasteful line with that. It was supposed to be a riff on those Scorsese mob films and how those guys talk to people.

We want to bring people together here not drive them apart. I apologize for that. Its not the way I feel about Brits. I like them alot.

Mhmmm. They’re so eccentric with their muffins and biscuits and their tea…

They’re so Engliiiiiish! Ohhhhhhhh, and they all talk like Shrek.