Inglorious Bastards as long as Pulp Fiction [news]

[quote=“Kinick”]About the deleted scenes, I dunno. I think he’ll have in everything he wants and needs to with whatever he puts out. I’m not really a fan of deleted scenes because they don’t really count in the finished movie. But we’ll see what happens. As long as it stays as one complete movie I’ll be happy.[/quote]

I was thinking more like what Peter Jackson did with the LOTR movies, which means that a certain cut got a wide release, while that same cut + another long cut (for the true fans) was put out on DVD.

[quote=“Dantes Inferno”]
I was thinking more like what Peter Jackson did with the LOTR movies, which means that a certain cut got a wide release, while that same cut + another long cut (for the true fans) was put out on DVD.
[/quote]

Ah, I see. But isn’t that done to to death today? Extended Cuts, Directors Cuts, Final Cuts. But I guess anything can happen at this point… seeing as if something like that were to happen, we might not see it until 2020.

There’s a slight difference. Extended cuts, director’s cuts, final cuts, all those are the results of studio and director disagreeing on length, usually involving scenes that don’t make that much difference in the end (3 minutes of never before-seen footage!!!).

What I’m talking is not drastically different, it just means that QT shoots a longer version that only sees its light on DVD. All those other cuts you mentioned are usually the result of post-production differences.

It’s only a minor idea anyway. The extended cuts of the LOTR-films were planned from the get-go, because Jackson knew that even with the films only being 3 hours (as opposed to 4) he was gonna have a hard time at the box office (something he didn’t). He also faced the trouble of fans who was going to be dissapointed because the film removed too much from the books, which is why he made the extended cuts. That way, everyone was satisfied.

QT even said that he perferred the shorter version of Death Proof over the extended version. That should give him the confidence that a 150-minute version of IB would be in good hands…But let’s not let that 4-hour version go to waste. As others have pointed out, the longer cut will be available via Extended Edition soon after the theatrical version has made it’s rounds.

I just hope we won’t have to wait as long as “Whole Bloody Affair” to get it.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
how do you know what would be best for IB? What if it’s so damn huge that a two-parter would be the better solution? Would it have been better if KB was one gigantic movie? NO.
[/quote]

I said i certainly THINK. I don’t know though

Latest quote from QT regarding Mount Everest… :wink: