Im Writting a Script For Tarantino To Direct - "Bad People Hurting Eachother"

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
Jesus, dude, the greatest piece of wisdom I can impart is to stop what you’re doing. You’re not in the right frame of mind to write anything worthwhile. I started writing when I was thirteen and I learned along time ago that you can’t go out looking to write anything like anyone else. God knows enough people go out and try to write like Quentin, and they all go home empty handed. You gotta write with your own voice and with your own style, otherwise you’ll end up like every other fanboy who thinks they can write the next great movie based on nothing but a lame idea. What you need is what a lot of people in the industry lack in spades, introspection. Grasp that concept and you’ll do just fine.
[/quote]

I’ll second that. I learned the same lesson in my younger younger years.

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
Jesus, dude, the greatest piece of wisdom I can impart is to stop what you’re doing. You’re not in the right frame of mind to write anything worthwhile. I started writing when I was thirteen and I learned along time ago that you can’t go out looking to write anything like anyone else. God knows enough people go out and try to write like Quentin, and they all go home empty handed. You gotta write with your own voice and with your own style, otherwise you’ll end up like every other fanboy who thinks they can write the next great movie based on nothing but a lame idea. What you need is what a lot of people in the industry lack in spades, introspection. Grasp that concept and you’ll do just fine.

And that title is horrible. I’m sorry, but it’s bad.

[/quote]

I suppose you weren’t in the right frame of mind when you wrote this.

and guess what Einstein…Jane Austen started writing when she was twelve years old. I’ll bet there was some fucktard telling her she wasn’t in the right frame of mind too.

[quote=“asshole from el paso”]
I suppose you weren’t in the right frame of mind when you wrote this.

and guess what Einstein…Jane Austen started writing when she was twelve years old. I’ll bet there was some fucktard telling her she wasn’t in the right frame of mind too.
[/quote]

lol, I didn’t mean he wasn’t psychologically in the right frame of mind, I meant creatively. And before you get all offended at something that has absolutely nothing to do with you, I suggest you learn the definition of constructive criticism. I never once said the kid shouldn’t write, he should, God knows the world would be a better place if people were more excited about expressing themselves creatively. What I said was that he should reevaluate what he’s writing and not try to emulate someone else. He should use his own voice. I’m sorry if you think that’s bad advice, I’d love to hear your enlightened point of view on the matter…

dude,

constructive criticism doesn’t include the phrase "Jesus, dude, the greatest piece of wisdom I can impart is to stop what you’re doing."

I get what you’re saying about not trying to be Quentin Tarantino, but we all gotta start somewhere. I’m a blues musician and I started out trying to sound just like Albert King… think of it as a stepping stone.

Totally agree on that. You have to learn from others first. Master the greats and start your own style from that. That goes for everything in life. Unless you are some mad genius who can do without any inspiration from past generations.

Here is something that I’ve learned from being around musicians. I’ve noticed that there are some really young guys in their teens who are playing better than most adults could play 20 years ago. I totally believe that they are better because they had the luxury of hearing one more generation of playing style than the one before. I think that each generation of people are better for this reason. I mean, look how far we’ve come since the 1950’s?

Timmy says:

“Righa! Timmuh! Timmuhhh! Timaaaaaaa!”

This kid is getting alot of attention. I hope your enjoying this geeeeeeeteeeage, or whatever the fuck your name is.

Yeah, but he gave us an excuse to be all pretentious and stuff.

[quote=“Dex”]
Yeah, but he gave us an excuse to be all pretentious and stuff.
[/quote]

We’re all pretentious. Everyone is when you think about it. Everything I do is self important just because it’s me doing it, same for you, and everyone else :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
We’re all pretentious. Everyone is when you think about it. Everything I do is self important just because it’s me doing it, same for you, and everyone else :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

they say that blogging is like watching a movie of yourself jerking off in the mirror.

[quote=“asshole from el paso”]
they say that blogging is like watching a movie of yourself jerking off in the mirror.
[/quote]

lol exactly.

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
[/quote]

It’d be pretentious to deny being pretentious. We’re all in a cycle of self righteous, self loving, masturbatory, internet activity. But I love it.

I think condescending was more the word I was looking for but I still don’t think that’s the right one. Pretentious doesn’t mean you think you’re important. It means you think you and your views are more important and/or better than they really are. Personally I can’t think of a thing I’ve ever done or said that’s really important in the grand scheme of things.

[quote=“Dex”]
Personally I can’t think of a thing I’ve ever done or said that’s really important in the grand scheme of things.
[/quote]

Now that’s a depressing thought man, whether it’s true or not.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Now that’s a depressing thought man, whether it’s true or not.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. But you have to think of it in a big picture kind of way. Have you ever given money to a homeless man? Let someone have your seat on a bus? Let someone go ahead of you in a line? Anything you do has some affect on the future. Even if it’s super small.

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
I was thinking the same thing. But you have to think of it in a big picture kind of way. Have you ever given money to a homeless man? Let someone have your seat on a bus? Let someone go ahead of you in a line? Anything you do has some affect on the future. Even if it’s super small.
[/quote]

Now that makes me feel better, I’ve done those little things many, many times in my life.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Now that makes me feel better, I’ve done those little things many, many times in my life.
[/quote]

well don't let it go to your head. I'm sure you've done your share of crappy things to make up for it.