If QT had'nt made Jackie Brown

[quote=“Fatale”]
[quote=“Johny_Exhale2”]
Bollocks!
[/quote]

If anyone else had have made Jackie Brown, you’d have called it shit.
[/quote]

You can’t just say if anyone else made it, it would have been called shit. Every director is unique. How could another director make Jackie Brown the exact way QT did? it’s not possible. If someone else had directed JB, it might have been shit because of how they made it, which would have been quite different to how QT made it!

Well, I probably enjoyed Jackie Brown even more than Reservoir Dogs and possibly PF, so that statement is crap.

Ditto

[quote=“Fatale”]
[quote=“Johny_Exhale2”]
Bollocks!
[/quote]

If anyone else had have made Jackie Brown, you’d have called it shit.
[/quote]
euhm

NO

why? because

JACKIE BROWN IS A GREAT FUCKING MOVIE REGARDLESS OF WHO DIRECTED IT

the only reason people like you didnt like it is because he had to stick to a novel wich means he couldnt be 100% tarantino, but 90% tarantino

Jackie Brown is one of my fav movies ever, i dont care who directed it, its a name, a fucking name

i love the cast, i love how the charactures are being developed, i love the humor, i love the cooless, the smoothness, the 70’s feeling to it, the thought behind it, the amount of greatness that it took to make all of this possible

in its entire package Jackie Brown is equally great as pulp fiction of reservoir dogs (im not gonna involve kill bill cause its a totally diffrent movie)

so watch it PAY ATTENTION TO SOMETHING ELLS THEN JUST LONG FUNNY MONOLOGUES AND DIALOGUES, LOOK BEHIND IT, LOOK AT THE CAMERA ANGLES, THE CHARACTURES, THE CONNECTION BETWEEN ALL OF THIS

thanks you

:-*

Oh there is nothing like going OTT

We win.

LOL!

Good topic Bexi! I really doubt that I would watch Jackie Brown, if that was not QT movie. I have not seen much movies. Only Hitchcock, Tarantino, Ritchie, all those stylish documentaries and some USSR films (they’re really cool). I never watch TV, except for news, hockey or Simpsons. I go to cinema.

And I know I’ve missed some really good stuff. But I think I know that nothing beats Quentin Tarantino and anyway:

NOONE COULD MAKE SUCH MOVIE!

[quote=“Bleach”]
I have not seen much movies.
[/quote]

You being serious??

Yeah. I never watch movies at home, except for those I’ve been waiting for. I try to watch those new films that I want to see in cinemas.

you’re missing out, some of the best films ever never screened in cinema

I love Jackie Brown, it is Quentin Tarantino at his most subtlest and quietiest. There is too much redeeming qualities found in this film and I am overjoyed QT made it because it reveals he is willing to go into other directions and expand upon his vision.

Love this film more than Reservoir Dogs and that’s saying alot. Bridget Fonda, Robert Forster, Sam Jackson, Robert De Niro, and Pam Grier are a brilliant ensemble together in this film. Sorry it disappointed some people but Jackie Brown resides with the rest of my QT collection without a duller glimmer.

Jackie Brown is Quentin’s best character study out of his four films. It is more mature than his other films stylistically. The acting is impecable, the writing is a wonderfully fresh Tarantino twist on Elmore Leonard’s classic crime plot. To call this movie “shit” is an injustice, and you should be put in jail, Bexi. It is not as big of a crowd pleaser up front as Kill Bill, Pulp, and Dogs are, but it is most definitely a Quentin Tarantino film. In fact, several educated film buffs and professors I have spoken to believe it is right up there with Pulp as his best film.

Well, Jackie Brown is more like, you know, detailed and very complicated. I don’t know english TOO good to understand everything, and that was bothering me. That’s why I think Jackie Brown is my least favourite film. And Tarantino didn’t create the idea and everything by himself.

That’s what I like about QT - his movies are pure Tarantino - he’s the author, the director, the everything.

Does anyone know roughly how much of the dialogue was from the book and how much QT wrote himself?

I think some of the plot related stuff was at least reminiscent of Leonard’s, but the majority was his own a believe.

Hello,

The bitch is well and truely back.

Okay, let me clear a few things up. I never said that Jackie Brown was ‘shit’. I just said it was’nt ‘Tarantino’, if it was’nt made by my man then I would’nt of watched it more than once (and I daresay many others would agree with me).

There are mainly films that I love, would I love them more if they were made by Tarantino?

What do you mean “it’s not Tarantino”? I’d like your definition of “Tarantino.” And if it was the same movie but by someone else, why would you watch it any less?

Your statements suggest that what makes Tarantino movies good is the name “QUENTIN TARANTINO” slapped across it. That’s not saying much about his talent which is what gave the name “Quentin Tarantino” meaning in the first place.

[quote=“FilmGuy”]
Your statements suggest that what makes Tarantino movies good is the name “QUENTIN TARANTINO” slapped across it. That’s not saying much about his talent which is what gave the name “Quentin Tarantino” meaning in the first place.
[/quote]
This is the problem with directors like QT and Kubrick - this bandwagon of fucking idiots gathers around them just because of their names…without any appreciation for their work. The truth be known, these same people would think that “Transporter” was a masterpiece if you told them that QT directed it.

[quote=“The Pink Floyd”]
Does anyone know roughly how much of the dialogue was from the book and how much QT wrote himself?
[/quote]

I read the book (Rum Punch) and actually most of it is intact. It is quite an accurate representation of the novel. Although Melanie is described very differently from what she appears in the film and there are slight things like that. All in all, the dialogue stays mostly the same. You can tell cause it has the naturalistic gangster feel that Leonard and Tarantinon share, but it doesn’t really have the pop culture references that Tarantino has made his trademark.

As far as the film “not being Tarantino” goes, i think the whole fact that Tarantino is using another author’s characters and working with another author’s story means that he doesn’t have much room to display his auteurism. To stick on the Tarantino signature. Auteurs are the ones whose films are obviously made by them. Jackie Brown didn’t give Tarantino the room to put his mark on it.

That aside, I have said it before and will say it again. Great film, brilliant character study.