I like Jackie Brown a lot BUT

[quote=“Jelle”]
It’s a great ending, because it’s not just a woman singing a song and driving away. It’s a woman thinking about what she has done and what has happened to her. And it’s great that the song has such a different impact then in the beginning of the film.
[/quote]

I agree with you there.

[quote=“Jelle”]
It’s a great ending, because it’s not just a woman singing a song and driving away. It’s a woman thinking about what she has done and what has happened to her. And it’s great that the song has such a different impact then in the beginning of the film.
[/quote]

Wow. Never thought of it that way! Kudos for making the movie even better for me

The Man:

[quote]Yeah, but it’s DE NIRO. Why even use him for such a small role?[/quote]

I agree. It would have been cheaper to just cast Tommy Chong.

toothpick: [quote]Its obvious why QT picked DeNiro for that role. He picked him to play Louis because he knew people expected DeNiro’s part to be a great jawdropping character, whereas Louis is the exact opposite of those kind of characters DeNiro is famous for playing. Hes quiet, sluggish and indifferent in the movie. Plus hes playing a supporting role, which in itself is strange for DeNiro. Its like QT was playing a little joke on the hardcore DeNiro fans (of which I am one) by doing that.[/quote]

He was also apparently playing a joke on the Sonny Chiba fans by making him a sushi chef. I think it’s just Quentin’s way of overcompensating for something, if you catch my drift…

Tarantino once said thats he likes using actors which always have cool roles in an uncool role! Like Madsin as Bud! Madsin is always the king of cool in his movies… However in Kill Bill he was a looser! I think thats genius!!!

I wouldn’t say Bud was a “loser”. I think life just had 'em down at the time…

Come to think of it, the ending to Jackie Brown is reminiscent to the ending of Kill Bill.

Also, I remember reading an interview with Tarantino where he said he likes to treat everybody the same. Therefore, he treats the famous actors just the as he would the lesser famous actors. That on his set, nobody is bigger than anybody else.

Also, the stuff about using De Niro in a way totally unexpected and doing the same with Sonny Chiba is very interesting.

[quote=“themack”]
Tarantino once said thats he likes using actors which always have cool roles in an uncool role! Like Madsin as Bud! Madsin is always the king of cool in his movies… However in Kill Bill he was a looser! I think thats genius!!!
[/quote]

Bud kicked ass. How dare you. :o

Yes but he wasn’t the cool untouchable madsin we all knw! Even Tarantino said that Madsin is always the king of cool and that he wanted to cast him in an uncool role in kill bill n thought it would be unique!

Budd is the coolest motherfucker around, but not like in Reservoir Dogs or something.

Madsen was much better in Dogs, of course, but I still love him in Kill Bill.

[quote=“Ify”]
Come to think of it, the ending to Jackie Brown is reminiscent to the ending of Kill Bill.
[/quote]

I think the ending is literally almost the same as in “The Graduate”, from which he also took the credit thing with the moving walkway. I mean the scene in the graduate after they escaped from her wedding and are sitting in the bus very happy, and a few seconds later their faces fade to a very pensive look. loved that scene and the movie.

They didn’t get married. She ran out on the guy she was supposed to marry. I cant believe this topic has been around since 2003.

Sorry, of course yes…

In fact, there are no 'BUTS" for me ! I just loved it, period !

Was there talk of a sequel somewhere ?

I think there was talk of a prequel. Sequel or not, you cant top the original!