I just read the early script and

“Bitch, you don’t have a future” is in Volume 2. You know you like that.

[quote]“Bitch, you don’t have a future” is in Volume 2. You know you like that.[/quote]

Nope, that didn’t do anything for me. There were a few quotables, but I mean a QT film should be full of them like the other 3 1/2 films were!

i like when the bride says "my pussy wagon died on me."

and Esteban says “ahh, de pussy die.”

[quote]

Nope, that didn’t do anything for me. There were a few quotables, but I mean a QT film should be full of them like the other 3 1/2 films were![/quote]

Well, you shouldn’t dislike the film just because of how many quotable lines it has. The first chapter when Bea meets Bill did have great dialogue, and so did the scenes with Budd and later Pai Mei. And by the end, all we really care about is the characters and all the emotions that are running through those scenes, not just whether there are “cool” lines or not. Beatrix and Bill are talking like real people would, not people in that Tarantino universe really. It’s kind of like those people who say that Fistful of Dynamite is a lesser Leone film because it doesn’t have as many “cool” characters or great lines of dialogue; that film is about the characters and human emotions, and that is what is really important in a movie.

[quote]

Well, you shouldn’t dislike the film just because of how many quotable lines it has. The first chapter when Bea meets Bill did have great dialogue, and so did the scenes with Budd and later Pai Mei. And by the end, all we really care about is the characters and all the emotions that are running through those scenes, not just whether there are “cool” lines or not. Beatrix and Bill are talking like real people would, not people in that Tarantino universe really. It’s kind of like those people who say that Fistful of Dynamite is a lesser Leone film because it doesn’t have as many “cool” characters or great lines of dialogue; that film is about the characters and human emotions, and that is what is really important in a movie.[/quote]

I didn’t say I didn’t like Vol 2 just because of the dialogue, read my posts again, I said I didn’t like the dialogue in Vol 2 but I totally liked the film and other aspects of it… just not the dialogue!!!

Hey, don’t get your panties in a ruffle. From what you’ve already posted, it sounds like all you basically care about is dialogue. But dialogue isn’t always the most important thing in a movie. And I’d have to disagree with you further, because I think V2 was filled with great lines, even if they weren’t as “catchy” as the ones in RD or PF. You have to realize that what the characters said in this film was more subtle and thought filled than what was in most of Tarantino’s films, because in this film we actually care about the characters while in his other films that wasn’t always the case. Anyway…Volume 2 had great dialogue, you can disagree but that would just be your opinion.

Yeh at the end of the day it is just my opinion just like how Vol 2 having great dialogue is yours!

AWESOME! :smiley:

“what’s that”

“budd’s hanzo sword”

“he said he pawned it”

“guess that makes him a liar then don’t it”

Haha. This thread is like a comedy act, with everyone misinterpreting what Pink Floyd says over and over.

I agree that the dialogue in Kill Bill (1 & 2 IMO) is worse than that in Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction (or Jackie Brown, or True Romance, or NBK). When I read the script, my initial reaction was that it sounded like someone doing an impression of Tarantino. Even when the characters go into talk mode, the stuff they say just isn’t as insightful, in-the-moment, or just plain good QT’s usual. In both I cringed often and didn’t with any of QT’s other stuff (well, a little in Reservoir Dogs). The dialogue in Kill Bill seems - uninspired.

That said, I love Kill Bill. No, it isn’t in the same league as Pulp Fiction, but it is a cut above everybody else’s work.

its a different movie. just because pulp fiction set the mark pretty hight on cool dialoge it doesnt mean tarantino has to be a cool dialog person.

there seems to be worlds apart between what tarantino is and what some people here (and elsewhere) want or consider him to be

I don’t expect or necessarily want “cool”. I think it’s a misconception among too many fans (and I’ve thought this since 1994) that Tarantino’s strength is writing cool, witty dialogue. But I do expect to not cringe. I get the feeling when watching Kill Bill that the writer isn’t confident and is trying too hard - to impress, to be funny.

why trying too hard? i mean, kill bill looks great, sounds great, has funny moments, and is a by-the-book hommage… i dont see anything negative in that respect…

The Beatrix-Bill dialogue just before the wedding massacre scene.

The Bill-Budd dialogue at the beginning

The dialogue bewteen Budd and his boss.

The dialogue between Elle and Budd

The dialogue between the Bride and Esteban.

The dialogue between Bill and The Bride…

All classy scenes IMO, I don’t know what the hell some of you are talkin’ about.

Most of that dialogue I could do without. But like I said, I like Kill Bill, and it’s all a matter of taste anyway. I can’t justify my feelings, but I can report them in.

[size=80]I’ve read the earlier scripts of both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 and I found them to be very interesting. Many parts in Vol. 1 were changed, including:

• the fight scene between Beatrix and Vernita and the conversation. Hell, even the way Beatrix kills her was different than in the movie.

• the way Beatrix kills Go-Go was almost entirely different. She hits her with Go-Go’s very own weapon.

• Go-Go’s sister stalks Bea in California and fights her.

The conversation between Elle and Bill was different in the hospital where Elle was going to murder Bea by lethal injection.

The dialogue between Bea and Sophie was different. In the script, Bea was more bitchy to her than in the film and injected Bill’s “Undisputed Truth” liquid in her to make her confess the information on the Deadly Vipers.

In Vol. 2, Elle still plotted the evil plan to get the black mamba to strike Budd while he was opening the briefcase with $1 million, but she then killed it soon after.

In the original script of Vol. 2, Bea and Elle didn’t have a huge fight like they did in the film. Instead, Elle walks out of the trailor and gets into her car. She then looks out the window to see Beatrix driving toward her like a fucking speed-car racer and rams into Elle and her car, causing her to crash. Bea then gets out and goes into the trailor, looking for something. Elle comes out of her damaged car barely injured and talks with Bea and tells her where Bill is. They have a vicious sword-fight, cutting each other up and all. Bea cuts Elle’s throat and blood sprays out. She falls to her knees and then leans forward, clutching Bea’s leg. Bea bends down and strokes her hair. The script reads that Elle and Bea saw each other “not as adversaries, or opponents, or as rivals, or as bitches…but as sisters.”

I’m sure that I left a shitload of other things out, but I’m too lazy to post them all right now.

EDIT:

It appears as though I’m unable to post direct links to the scripts, so if you want to read them, you’ll have to look on this site yourself. http://www.script-o-rama.com/snazzy/dircut.html

Just scroll to the navigation section at the bottom, click Film Scripts, then click where it says Scripts K-R and both the Kill Bill movies are listed right there.

[/size]

[quote=“Scarface”]
The Beatrix-Bill dialogue just before the wedding massacre scene.

The Bill-Budd dialogue at the beginning

The dialogue bewteen Budd and his boss.

The dialogue between Elle and Budd

The dialogue between the Bride and Esteban.

The dialogue between Bill and The Bride…

All classy scenes IMO, I don’t know what the hell some of you are talkin’ about.
[/quote]

Me neither.

But it is their opinion.