How to get started with filming

I think I might be able to do that…

Just finished writing the screenplay last night. Finished at 180 pages long. Now, I’m currently casting locals to play the parts. So far so good.

Congrats man. That’s a hell of an accomplishment on it’s own.

What’s the film about anyway?

Dex, can you teach me how to be a stud?

Dude don’t trash another thread. Flood my PM box if you want

to continue with the irrelevant insults.

have you ever sold anything that you’ve written?

Nope and never claimed to. Doesn’t mean I’m a moron. I’m

done with you on this thread. This is about ThaDuke’s movie.

OK, Ill quit fucking with you then. Just meet me at Mercy park tonight at 7:00.

LOL!! You’re really 31?

The story was actually started by myself and two other friends…

It’s about two ruthless cops who let nothing stand in they’re way. Each have their own motivation for revenge and the two hate each other. The two are soon to be grouped together as partners to solve the crime wave that is currently dominating the city. But here’s the kicker…the chief of police is the leader of the crime taking place in the city. By doing this, he is able to control the entire city. But not for long…

The script is pretty straight forward and relatively simple. Your basic 80’s cop cliché movie.

sounds pretty cool! keep us posted on the casting process!

I think people are scared of the script! 180 pages long and I don’t think anyone has read it completely through. The only people who have are myself, my producer and associate producer. The other actors may seem intimidated by the length of the script. And why shouldn’t they? So, I think I’ll just assign actors to parts when need be.

[quote=“DexPac”]
LOL!! You’re really 31?
[/quote]
What do you say we get together and paint each other up? Eh? Fruitcake?

By paint each other up you mean fight right? Cause here that’s what

girls say before they do each others’ make-up. All the same we live on

opposite ends of the country. Cheap as gas is getting again you’re still

not worth it.

The casting is actually going better than I thought! People seem really excited about it and are ready to start shooting. I’ve got a few guys who want to work with the special effects as well! So far so great! Tomarrow I’ll start shooting some of the shots of the city for the main titles.

Updates to come…

Started the actual acting today. The scenes we shot we’re pretty horrible now that I look at it. My next step is to go into detail in the screenplay about what shots I want to capture and how the characters should be interacting with one another.

Maybe next time…

cant wait to see weapon of choice.

get a Minolta Auto IV light meter for starters.

Awesome! Good luck to you. My only advice is pay attention to continuity and sound. If your shots are too choppy to make sense you’ll have a big problem. If the sound is bad your movie will be worthless!

If your shooting outside you’ll need to have a mic that can pick up the actors talking in an indoor voice. Your local camera/video shop can help with this.

Beware, microphones are very expensive! Try renting one. If you have a public access station near you they might rent you some equipment and usually their rates a are cheaper.

More importantly you’ll need a sound mixer to remove any ambiant sound like cars driving by, air planes, and so on. If your shooting inside in a controled environment it might be cheaper to find a mic that plugs into your camera. DO NOT SHOOT with a cheap camera that has no mic input! I made that mistake once and believe me it makes editing a bitch.

So, are you going to enter it into any film festivals?

what is a good cheap sound mixer that you would recomend.