My friends and I are about to start filming a movie soon. I am still currently in the process of writing the screenplay and have tons of questions about filming. I would hate to film with just a ordinary video camera and would love to use real film. If there is another page to answer my questions, you can just drop the link. So my questions:
- What’s a great way to make to make a movie look professional?
- Is there any way to manipulate a video camera’s picture to look like a movie camera’s picture?
- Where can I find an inexpensive movie camera?
- How do you operate a movie camera? (example: loading film)
- How do you edit film?
- How do you convert a movie that on film to a DVD?
- How does a boom mic work? (example: where does it take the sound to?)
- What types of film are there? (etc. 9mm…32mm?) Is there a specific use for each type?
- Are there any other devices that should be used when filming?
If any of these questions are out of order, I apologize. I’m really not sure what to ask, because I’ve never filmed a movie before. I just know I want to have a good looking picture without the piss poor quality.
I appreciate ANY help what-so-ever! And hopefully I’m posting in the right place!