How old do you have to be to appreciate Quentin?

^ Ooh! commanding!

[quote=“Scarface”]
Deal with it.
[/quote]

I can’t, im gonna break down and start crying, hand me a tissue.

^ Or should I laugh! ha ha ha ha! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! ha ha ha ha!

And for the last time Scarface, I use LOL alot so punks like you would know not to be serious and b*tch like you do everytime I write something.

[quote=“Angel”]
I think you can be any age to appreciate Quentin, but you need to be older to appreciate him as a maker of great important films instead of just a purveyor of cool. If that makes sense. As you get older you start to appreciate him on a whole other level.
[/quote]

Im fourteen, and I really don’t just like QT cause he makes ‘‘cool’’ movies. I see the same things in his movies as 30 year old people, and I can easily discuss his work with elder persons than me, without sounding childish or unmature… It depends more on which stadium you are at in your life, not necessarily your age…

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
^ Or should I laugh! ha ha ha ha! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! ha ha ha ha!

[/quote]

Awesome comeback, congrats.

^The End.

Oohhhh, hot topic!! I’ts cool Knoxvile, your quote rocks, it was my fav line in the whole movie. And girls/ladies love Quentin Real McCoy! We are every where…worshiping…

i started appreciating QT at 15, when i was first introduced to him and his movies.

Ive always enjoyed his films… i started appreciating them when i was about 14…

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
Old enough to understand that when his movies say fucking niggers this and fucking niggers that, its not something you should emulate in life unless you want your neck twisted. Id say about 25
[/quote]

I had more sense than that when I was 18, when I first saw Tarantino movies. I found the use of the N word disturbing when I first heard it in RD. I still to this day find it disturbing in PF when Jimmy uses the word. I agree with Spike Lee on that. I understand RD (even though they were white, it was hardcore gangsters talking filthy hardcore gangster talk), Maynard in PF, any black character using the word, but I never liked when Jimmy said it.

Anyways, back on topic, I’d say college age. But also it depends on how mature you are. If you’re a really bright 15 year old then you could appreciate it, but if you’re just slightly above average intelligence (like me) then probably 18-20 years old. But 25? that’s crazy talk.

I think you get more out of it as you get older. Watched KB when I was 15, hated it. Now its one of my most favourite films.

Its not so much a question of age but maturity. I have to say when I first saw Pulp Fiction I didn’t appreciate it, not because I was too young (although I was very young) but because I didn’t really have an interest in movies at the time.

If you don’t give a shit about movies and you live with your head stuck up your own ass you’re never gonna appreciate a QT movie regardless of how old you are. But someone who is mature enough to understand the themes in his movies can appreciate them at any age.

There are some very young people on this site who talk as much sense about his movies, if not more at times, than the older members.

I think its when you get past the stage as a kid of finding violence, cursing, nudity and all the other things that make QT’s movies ‘controversial’ as simply funny or cool through shock value alone. Its when you gain an understanding of why those things are being used in the first place - and realising that that’s why they are cool.

Though you don’t have to be interested in movies to like Pulp Fiction, most of my friends who don’t know much about movies, still love this one. It’s pretty much the same for Kill Bill Vol 1 too, even if there are a lot of references.

My niece is 8 and my nephew is 6. They love Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction (The parts that I’ve shown them)

They love having the soundtrack on in the car.

There you have it.

The ages to appreciate Tarantino is 8 and 6.

Ahah. Good one.

I was 16 when I first discovered QT. Four years of QT love, I’m now 20.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I was 16 when I first discovered QT. Four years of QT love, I’m now 20.
[/quote]

Then why does your profile say your 21… vanity…

I saw Tarantino films when i 12 -13 but i didnt really become a fan until i was about 15 i think… im 21 in july

Well, (cracking of fingers)

I was thirteen going on fourteen when I first witnessed the wonder that is pulp fiction,

a fine age I might add in which to fall in love with Tarantino.

I am now nineteen and discussing him with university students for a degree,

but it was those times in my hated school when I was being yelled at for quoting Mr White I will always remember.

I don’t know. I think it might help you appreciate him more if you have a mature awareness of the time RD and PF were made. I know a lot of teenagers that love those two movies, but they were barely born in the 90’s. Being a teenager or older in the 90’s, I think you have more of an appreciation because you know just how ground-breaking and fresh they were compared to the other films of the time.

It’s very easy to reckognise and admire QT’s style and talents… But maybe being there, and seeing them during the time they came out, just makes it so much more special.

i was too young. i was 10 when pulp fiction came out. my favorite movie then was Jurassic Park. I didn’t even know of pulp’s existence until i was a freshman in college. but even then, after having seen so many movies, i was blown away by RD and PF. they were like nothing i had ever seen. sometimes i wish i was born a few years earlier, so i could experience the Seattle music scene at its peak and i guess also to appreciate how much of an impact Tarantino’s movies had.