How much was actually cut out for the theatrical R rating?

I can only find ariticles in which people are speculating on what might have been cut, but nothing official.

Anyone have any exact info on what was cut out and/or trimmed?

I believe it was mainly the trailers they screwed with but I guess we will never know to the dvd comes out.

not much according to aintitcool…“I just got off the phone with Rodriguez - who is celebrating getting his R-rating for the double feature without having to sacrifice much of anything. He only lost part of a brain-eating scene and Quentin only lost part of one of the crash scenes. So the big story in THE NY POST about the film facing massive problems - was bullshit. So there ya go…”

Austinites! Zombify for the GRINDHOUSE premiere and get Free Stuff from AICN!

From Bloody Disgusting: “The Grindhouse is officially open for business as the dreaded MPAA just gave Dimension’s upcoming film an R rating for “strong graphic bloody violence and gore, pervasive language, some sexuality, nudity and drug use.” We’re going to look into just how much was cut from the film, but this is great news considering it sounded like an NC-17 was inevitable. I guess the fact that Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez could cut entire scenes from their movies (like in a real Grind House) could be the reason? More details when (or if) they come in. Click the title for pics, posters and more.”

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8465

I don’t get it

[quote=“jabroni2kz”]
not much according to aintitcool…“I just got off the phone with Rodriguez - who is celebrating getting his R-rating for the double feature without having to sacrifice much of anything. He only lost part of a brain-eating scene and Quentin only lost part of one of the crash scenes. So the big story in THE NY POST about the film facing massive problems - was bullshit. So there ya go…”

Austinites! Zombify for the GRINDHOUSE premiere and get Free Stuff from AICN!
[/quote]

Now THAT’s some awesome news. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Darryl Revok”]
Now THAT’s some awesome news. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

yes indeed!!! ;D

Good news that it wasn’t much.

At least they are not letting on like its much. They dont want people thinking theyre getting anything less than an all out gore fest. Im sure when the DVD comes out we will see tons of cut scenes.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
At least they are not letting on like its much. They dont want people thinking theyre getting anything less than an all out gore fest. Im sure when the DVD comes out we will see tons of cut scenes.
[/quote]

QT said of the DVD in the Deathproof issue of Fangoria mag that he's unsure as to whether or not he wants to put back all that he cut out for the theatrical release.

Yeah “some little punk years later after seeing Death Proof is gonna say the theatrical version is way better”

Good news atleast.

[quote=“m_burlock”]

QT said of the DVD in the Deathproof issue of Fangoria mag that he’s unsure as to whether or not he wants to put back all that he cut out for the theatrical release.
[/quote]

Of course he is going to say that, he wants you to go see it in the theater and have no reason at all to think about waiting for the DVD.

But actually what will happen is they will release the DVD with very little extra, then a few years later you will get the special edition then years after that you will get the super special special edition with some do-dads to make you buy it again. Thats how this crap works.

Very true but they know we will buy them.

[quote=“me”]
Very true but they know we will buy them.
[/quote]

God damn right we will. I only wish I had the special special edition with the Full Tilt House Boogie extra DVD right now!

Lol, yeah, thats how it works, and I’ll probably buy every edition.