How many QT-Fest films have you seen?

I also love Argento’s Bird With the Crystal Plumage alot. One of my fav gialli. An excellent debut film!

[quote=“XvegaX”]
when and where ?danke
[/quote]

Too bad. STALKING MOON aka DER GROßE SCHWEIGER was yesterday on Tele-5 (fuckin awful station with incredible much handy-commercials). Maybe there will be a rerun in a few months.

I watched The Outfit this weekend along with Electric Glide in Blue (I liked the latter better)

3:10 to Yuma comes on the western channel later on in the month. I gotta see this one.

I watched both of those too (happened to wake up early in the morning) on TCM. I love The Outfit. Excellent 70s crime film. Electra Glide In Blue is amazing too. The ending was awesome. One of those “where the hell did that come from?” endings. It reminded me of the end of Easy Rider.

I cant say I liked how Rob Zombie hosts the show. The way he talks about the films, its like he wants to get it over with ASAP. Hes like the exact opposite of a guy like QT whos so full of energy and excitement when hes introducing a movie.

Yeah I agree that Zombie is a ferarri compared to Robert Osborne’s kremlin ;D

I do remember when Zombie hosted a horror marathon on the Sci-Fi channel back in the 90’s. His intros were all in one take (Unlike the rapid cuts seen on Underground) and I thought he did a good job from what I remember—Including his memorable line, “This movie really sucks”, before Night of the Creeps started. :smiley:

And that’s the thing, there really is no opinionated views from him on Underground. Everything just seems to scripted by someone else and he’s just quickly reading what should be said. But I know that he’s got better taste and enthusiasm than what we’re currently seeing.

Thats the thing, he seemed to be like a robot reading lines from a cuecard. I was also hoping they would have Rob in a more live setting like Robert Osbourne has, but with an old grindhouse theme. Like B movie posters on the wall and an old movie projector. With Rob sitting in a movie theater chair or something. Ah well.

[quote=“Laydback”]

3:10 to Yuma comes on the western channel later on in the month. I gotta see this one.
[/quote]

Checked it out last night. Probably the best Fest-movie I’ve seen yet ever since I checked out those links on the first page of this thread.

I didn’t expect Glenn Ford to play the baddie and those last 10 minutes were surprisingly tense. And did anyone laugh outloud to what the kids were saying at the dinner table? Hilarious sequence!

Question, Pete.

Is The Death Collector the same movie that has Joe Pesci called Family Enforcer?

Yep thats it. I own it on a compilation of Mafia movies DVD set. Its a good little low budget Grindhouse era Mean Streets rip off.

Thats the movie that DeNiro saw Pesci in which led to him being cast as Joey in Raging Bull.

Alright, thanks.

It’s pretty simple, whenever I run out of things to rent, I just come to this topic 8)

Alot of these older films are way better than the crap coming out these days. I watched Miami Vice the other night, whoa did that stink.

Added The Family (Aka Violent City) to the list. A little different from what I expected, but not too bad.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Added The Family (Aka Violent City) to the list. A little different from what I expected, but not too bad.
[/quote]
will buy this a christmas present for myself :wink:

Finally saw Rolling Thunder in it’s entirety last night. I was surprised at the abrupt ending given that Schrader’s works often have a epilogue to them, but this was still a kick-ass flick.

Well I read that the movie was re-written over and over before it came out on the screen and Schrader wasnt happy with it when it was finihsed. I read that he said, "“they took a script with racial overtones and turned it into a racist movie.” I dont know about any of that but I liked it anyway.I’ve watched it alot of times since the first time i’ve watched it and I still get chills at the last 15 minutes of the movie,the line,“It’s your time boy!” wow the movie is just so great.

Check out The Dion Brothers and Pretty Maids All In A Row, they are two of the best films from the QT Fests!

I’ve heard of Pretty Maids In A Row I might check that out If I can find it.

For A Few Dollars More-1965(own it)

The Big Gundown-1966(own it)

Death Rides A Horse-1968(seen it)

Junior Bonner-1972(own it)

Tick Tick Tick-1970(seen it)

French Connection II-1975(seen it)

Walking Tall-1973(own it)

Buck Town-1975(seen it)

Little Cigars-1973(seen it, stupid)

The Kentucky Fried Movie-1977(own it)

Brotherhood of Death-1976(seen it, but have no intention of doing so again)

Suspiria-1971(Own it, love it)

Black Christmas-1974(Own it, and also love it)

The Thing-1982(Own it, one of my favorites of all time)

Aiight, update time:

SAVAGE SEVEN

HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW

LEGEND OF THE WOLFWOMAN

ALL IN A NIGHT’S WORK

SWINGING CHEERLEADERS

REVENGE OF THE CHEERLEADERS 1976

THE OUTFIT

SEVEN BLOWS OF THE DRAGON

WHITE LIGHTNING

JACKSON COUNTY JAIL

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

The Beyond

THE HELLBENDERS

ADIOS SABATA

Switchblade Sisters

EVEL KNIEVEL

CANNONBALL

BUCK TOWN

GATES OF HELL

POLICE WOMEN

3:10 TO YUMA

Coonskin

The Quiller Memorandum

Junior Bonner

Navajo Joe

Frankenstein Conquers the World

Black Christmas

DRAGON VS NEEDLES OF DEATH

SNAKE IN THE EAGLE’S SHADOW

WALKING TALL

WHITE LIGHTNING

THE MUTHERS

THE MACK

THEY CALL ME HALLELUJAH

THE GIANT OF METROPOLIS

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS

SUSPIRIA

GODZILLA VS THE SMOG MONSTER

DEEP RED

THE YAKUZA

BIG GUNDOWN

FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE

DEATH RIDES A HORSE

OMEGA MAN

STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN

PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES

LIFEFORCE

FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER

THE FAMILY

SLAUGHTER HOTEL

LOADED GUNS

DIXIE DYNAMITE

BROTHERHOOD OF DEATH

EASTERN CONDORS

ROLLING THUNDER

Fist of Fury

INCREDIBLE MR. TOAD

FIST OF FURY PART II

BILLY JACK

BIG BULLET

FISTFUL OF YEN (FROM THE KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN MOVIE)

THE THING 1982

fighting fists of shanghai joe

PSYCHO II

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT

MADMAN

FROM HELL TO VICTORY

THE SELL-OUT

CRACK HOUSE

There was a Roy Rogers marathon on TCM yesterday. One of the movies that came on was Golden Stallion which played at Fest #5. Robert Osborne even mentioned how big a fan QT is of this movie on the outro.

Footage of this movie is seen playing on Bill’s TV when Beatrix and Bill start their convo.

Interestingly, Stallion was followed by Trigger Jr. which, to me, looked like certain sequences were filmed near the same locations where Budd’s scenes were!