House of the Flying Daggers

[quote=“CPS”]
But, Yimou is really a great director. Everyone should see the movie.
[/quote]

Link to Yimou DVDs and Videos in Britain Premioterna.it – Guida online ai rimedi naturali

NO SPOILERS, AT LEAST I THINK SO . . . :slight_smile:

Did anyone else notice this? After they left the palace-grounds, the characters move through all four seasons: First there’s autumn, the forest, all muddy and earth-like colours, dark red and brown. Then, as they enter the bamboo-forest, it’s suddenly all summer, lush green colours, damp athmosphere, everyone wearing light, green clothes. Then again, a seasonal change. As they move outside the forest into the wilds, suddenly it’s spring, there’s love, flowers blooming and a very colourful background in almost every scene, until, in the end, snow begins to fall and everything becomes winter, in imaginary, as well as in emotional terms. This can’t be coincidence, what do you think?

i noticed these changes but didnt really think of the four seasons.

anyway, i watched it again yesterday in the theatre and loved it.

its so much better in the cinema than sitting in fron of your tv and watch it on dvd.

go and watch it in cinema, i might watch it again ^^

anyway, did you notice that its called “hero 2” here?

at least that was in the cinema

they shouldnt name it like that since it doesnt make sense…

they thought about calling it Hero 2 or Lovers!

Yesterday I watched this beauty of a movie on the big screen.

For me, this beats Hero anytime. The story is better, there’s more continuity and more action. It’s a beautiful yet violent love story, beautifully crafted and shot, with lots of attention to detail. some people might not like the digital FX but they are subtle and contribute to the overall unrealistic fairytail look and feel of it.

watch that movie now. it is a great piece of cinema, i can tell you that

I believe I get to watch Hero on Friday… so maybe if I like that one (and I’m sure I will) I guess I’ll have to see House of Flying Daggers.

I saw daggers at the cinema before it came out on a film-studies trip. It was so fucking cool.

Added poll. I’m rating it 9/10. The only bad thing in this stunningly beautiful movie is that there’s a little bit too much of cgi. Hero had better story, but liked Dagger better. Action scenes were great, too.

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
Yesterday I watched this beauty of a movie on the big screen.

For me, this beats Hero anytime. The story is better, there’s more continuity and more action. It’s a beautiful yet violent love story, beautifully crafted and shot, with lots of attention to detail. some people might not like the digital FX but they are subtle and contribute to the overall unrealistic fairytail look and feel of it.

watch that movie now. it is a great piece of cinema, i can tell you that
[/quote]

Totally agree.

I give it a 6. The bow and arrow action was just friggin lame compared to Ran or Shogun’s Shadow. The story was aweful, wow a love triangle that ends tragically, good secret warriors against the government. The twist obvious and uninteresting. The thing is I could care less about the story as long as the fight scenes are awesome. And they weren’t .The last scene is a flippin joke I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry it was so melodramatic. The dance scene was obscenely long. Andy Lau didn’t kick enough ass.

I know all you will disagree but I still think Croutching Tiger is immensly better. Better action. Better drama. Hero was also better though some scenes were drawn out too long in that one too. I think saying Flying Daggers has a better story than Hero is a joke.

This is an excellent movie and i rate this to 8. I liked Hero better but this one is certainly worth to watch. It has been a while since I saw this so I have to see this one again soon.

Finally was able to see this ;D

Excellent, for me it was better then ‘Hero’ and ‘Crouching tiger hidden dragon’; great scenes, great storyline, and a fitting ending (I heard a lot of ppl who didnt like the ending and though it was absurd, but for me it was very well done)…my only complaint was that I thought for someone who was supposed to be a full-fledged fighter of the House of flying Daggers, Mei had an awful knack of being overcome by men trying to take advantage of her :-</E>…that aside it was very good!

Hmmm… <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/c … 43562.html”>http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/catalog/catalogDetail_DVD043396143562.html</LINK_TEXT>

[size=80]-<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.kfccinema.com/xtemplex/index … opic=13624”>http://www.kfccinema.com/xtemplex/index.php?showtopic=13624</LINK_TEXT>[/size]

I doubt they’d dare to call the uncut version ‘extended’ but who knows, everything is possible when it comes to a US studio.