HERO, the movie (dif cuts)

Damn, now I begin to like it more and more. That was my first Chinese movie, and I’m a movie analphabeth. My friend gave me a DVD. It’s a beautiful film.

Yeah, but I still hate the looping sounds and dramatical quotes!!!

By the way I always compare it to the Pai Mei scene and it is MUCH better. Tarantino can create everything.

[quote=“Bleach”]

By the way I always compare it to the Pai Mei scene and it is MUCH better. Tarantino can create everything.
[/quote]

Yeah, you really shouldn’t. Hero is a wuxia movie, while the Pai Mei scene is straight out of an old Shaw Bros. movie, which is more of your basic kung fu type movie. And Hero really isn’t a martial arts movie entirely; it just happens to have martial arts in it.

I wish they would have cut the water fight scene in half otherwise I enjoyed the film. I like Zatoichi better.

I’ve got a question concerning this Region 1-release. It says “Quentin Tarantino presents”, so this must be the HK-Directors-Cut, right? Boy, do I hope this is the Directors Cut, I sooooo need to see this, in order to get a good reason to hate Harvey Weinstein:

I haven’t bought the HK-DVD yet, because I heard, there are shitty symbols in the left upper corner everyonce in a while, when you watch it with subtitles. Something about stopping people to make pirate copies of the movie. Still, it sucks.

sources say that the region 1 DVD is NOT the extended cut.

so forget it.

Thanks (and no thanks), man. I would have wished you’d tell me, this is the long cut. There are quite a few asian DVDs out there, right now. Isn’t there one release without those shitty watermarks, when running it with subtitles?

I just got the:

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
Extended Version 2:
[/quote]

An have to say what a amazing film! visual’s choreography… everything, I will have to watch it again. Before commenting further…

(Another for the list)

Title: Hero: Premium Edition

Starring: Jet Li

Released: 7th July

Further Details

Thanks to Amazon.de, we have some news regarding the July 7th release of Hero: Premium Edition. Spanning across three DVDs, this appears to be one of the most prestigious sets yet. The first disc will contain the director’s cut of Hero, which is supposedly 10 minutes longer than the theatrical version. Disc 2 will contain the supplementary materials and the final disc boasts an exclusive HD-DVD version of the film. The film itself will be presented in a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen format with German (dubbed) audio in Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1. The original soundtrack of Mandarin will be provided in Dolby Digital 5.1. Sadly, only German subtitles will be available. Supplementary materials include a 3 hour making of featurette, interviews & biographies of actors & crew, text information, historical background, production notes, press conference, interview with the costume artist, storyboards, sword combat sequences and more. The SRP is EUR 22,99 and can be purchased from Amazon.de. Artwork attached:

can’t wait to buy this – i LOVED this movie.

I’m gonna get it, too. I don’t speak german, but I can make a subbed dvd myself. I have (I think) all the software needed.

Comparison review (including the new german release):

http://web12.dvd2web.de/hero/hero.htm

Damn, I want that german dvd. I need to get money somewhere.

just read a review of the German Flying Daggers SE (same cover style) and it was pretty bad (annoying trailers etc).

A new dvd release, again…

Released july 15th (by Edko)

109 Minute Director’s Cut

Letterboxed and 16x9 enhanced

Mandarin (DTS ES Discrete 6.1), Mandarin (Dolby Digital Surround EX)

Chinese (Traditional) and English subtitles

Extras: Theatrical trailer, photo gallery, and cast/crew filmographies.

Region 3

DVD-9

<I><s>[i]</s> from asiandvdguide.com<e>[/i]</e></I></r>

but basically there are just 2 versions right? the US/international miramAXED version and the so called director’s cut?

so whatever you buy, just get the directors cut

good link:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0 … &n=1&burl=”>http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=8&c=7867687&n=1&burl=</LINK_TEXT>

compares both director’s cuts releases in terms of image quality. they didnt include the german DVD though