Has any one met him?

has any one here ever met QT if so i would love to hear the story!what is he like? ;D

The Seb did. And he even lived to tell the tale!!

now thats cool! 8)

Yeah, turns out QT is a big Seb fan!

[quote=“FoxForceFive”]
Yeah, turns out QT is a big Seb fan!
[/quote]

yeah, who knew 8)

I have a friend that lives in LA, and she’s seen QT more than a few times, but hasn’t ever approached him. This blows my mind. Crazy.

I was supposed to meet him once but he never showed. I almost cried.

[quote=“beatrix wallace”]
I was supposed to meet him once but he never showed. I almost cried.
[/quote]

poor thing

We should make an official QT Archives meeting one day and meet him all at once at some QT Fest or something. That would be DA BOMB! 8)

i’ll bring it up sometime

I met him. I was in a trivia contest on Jimmy Kimmel Live with him.

[quote=“moviemike”]
I met him. I was in a trivia contest on Jimmy Kimmel Live with him.

[/quote]

Are you ever gonna give him a rematch?

8)

That woulda been cool, wouldn’t it? There was a QT festival shortly after that show, and for a while I was almost going to go, but at the last minute I realized there was no way. It was announced too suddenly.

talked to him at a signing for a little bit - a hell of a nice guy

same here i met him at a signing in dublin very nice guy indeed.heres my story.

one day driving home my girlfriend (who knows how big a fan i am) q.t’s going to be signing autographs in hmv tomorrow you should go and get your kill bill poster signed. so with that i got up at 5 am the next morning, my girlfriend the cool person that she is said shed go with me even though it was her only day off. so here i am missing my first day of college running through dublin city at 5 am with my kill bill (big ass) poster strapped to my bag.

i got to hmv about 7 am and there was a huge que already, i had just made it onto the max 200 crowd that were allowed in. waited till 10 am when the shop opened went in bought the screen play for death proof(my first of many scripts now) that was the only item allowed to be signed.

so i went back at 6 pm (after hanging around all day as the city is too far from my house) and waited in anticipation. as we waited i was proud of the following qt had in dublin and the qt soundtracks that played over the speakers was not helping my butterflies. qt got a great reception when he arrived.

as i approached one of the security guards noticed i had both the script in my hand and the kill bill poster in the other and demanded i hand over the poster and get it back later i wasnt giving up without a fight and just when he turned for a split second i was next up and i snook past him with both the script and the poster!

i was star struck! firstly i didnt know what to say so i figured everyone was asking him questions about his movies and such so when i went up i gave him a firm and shake and a big welcome to ireland told him that i loved his movies and just before security stepped in for the poster i asked him to sign my kill bill poster which he loved referring to as the big ass poster and signing my script, i told him i was immidiately framing both.

just as i was being ushered away for the next person to come and i thought i couldnt be more happy, i heard qt calling me back and he stood up from his chair shook my hand again said thanks so much and that he really appreciated me coming down- was amazing to get such a positive and friendly response from my idol.

I love hearing good Quentin stories. ;D Congrats on getting your KB poster signed.

[quote=“dandadub”]
i heard qt calling me back and he stood up from his chair shook my hand again said thanks so much and that he really appreciated me coming down- was amazing to get such a positive and friendly response from my idol.
[/quote]

QT’s the man. you should’ve immediately entangled him into a geeky film discussion, thus getting him totally into his favorite topic and bringing the whole even to a close :wink:

[quote=“dandadub”]
just as i was being ushered away for the next person to come and i thought i couldnt be more happy, i heard qt calling me back and he stood up from his chair shook my hand again said thanks so much and that he really appreciated me coming down- was amazing to get such a positive and friendly response from my idol.
[/quote]

That’s so great! ;D

Great story!! I can tell you’re very genuinely passionate about these things. QT seems to have caught on too, he’s not the basterd a lot of people make him out ot be. So cool to know you had these experiences, I hope to meet QT one day too. Hoping he comes over to the UK for the IB promotion, might try to catch him then.

It’s always funny to see his handwriting, if I didn’t know how it looked liek and I received that, I’d be questioning it, haha. "Did I accidentally send my letter to a cinephile 2 year-old? ;D

Good luck with your work, if you remain passionate and committed, you can’t fail!!

It’s great that QT and Mira invest so much time in writing letters to their fans. Most other celebs would just send you their signature, if you’re lucky.