Happy Birthday Topic

[quote=“cyber-lili”][quote=“Ify”]
A lonely experience?? Best years of my life!![/quote]

I don’t know how brit colleges are, but France has nothing to do with US campus for example. I haven’t been to the uni the first two years, I was in prepschool. I came in the last year of licence, every students knew each other, at least, lots of groups were already made. Masters is pretty different. But I like uni, don’t get me wrong.

But in France, at least, again, we are like 300 or more from the same departement for each promo (in Paris at least), you can’t know everybody. Yo’ure not wit the same person in seminars, so you might enjoy someone you only share one seminar with. Doesn’t help the friends connection. Plus semianrs are usually regular lessons, not much form of participation, work groups and all. Everybody got to be individual. That what I meant by “lonely experience”.

Unlike highschool and so on, where you spend all your time with your classmates. Even at the uni when you have no seminar, you go back home, you don’t wait the next seminar in four hours with the same people.[/quote]

That’s kinda sucky. :frowning:

Yeah, that’s uni. The equivalents of USA’s colleges in France are totally different. That’s what I’m doing, I’m in my 3rd year, I have 2 to go (next year in Italy, and then 1 semester of internship and 1 semester of writing my memoire (dunno how it’s called in english). But the 1st 3 years are on the same place, with the same guys, lots of things are organized for people to meet each others. We are 400 per year (which is very small compared to most US Colleges), but we basically know, or have heard of everybody from our year. Except the ones who never go out.

I met people with whom I hope I’m going to stay friends with for the rest of my life. I’ve been roommates with the same guy 2 years in a row, we recently celebrated our 2nd anniversary with my girfriend, who I also met there. I mean, being in that environment really “helped” my social life, not that it needed any help, but I’ve made a lot of new friends there, and it’s a totally different experience than what I hear of Uni.

Finally we end this crazy B-day month. ;D

O0 [size=200]HAPPY BIRTHDAY RatQuiRit![/size] O0

BON ANNIVERSAIRE, mec !!

Ne finit pas torché genre dans un appart où même le sol est dégueux, colle, après t’être fâché avec tous tes voisins. Mais fête moi ça en bonne et dûe forme. Je te fais confiance là-dessus !

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]1 semester of writing my memoire (dunno how it’s called in english).
[/quote]

Btw it’s called memory thesis or something like that. Some sort of equivalent cause it doesn’t exist as such in the USA. Even the PhD/thesis is different. They spend two years of intense lectures/seminars just like in the licence/master. And they’re not supposed to know their research fields or thesis subject, they only have to write their thesis the last and third year. Which means it’s almost a “mémoire” they’re writing (quelle bande de fainéants !). While a PhD here is also three years but you have to get it started from the first year and you’re selected based on your preliminary thesis subject.

Well it might work like that for you, but I’m just going to pick my thesis subject on my last year and I’m gonna have some intensive on my next year. Maybe it’s because we’re doing a 3 years bachelor where we don’t have any memory or thesis to do, and then we enter a 2 years master where we have that memory/thesis to do, and some intensives too.

Par contre je vais exactement finir comme tu le décris: 45 personnes sont attendues dans notre apart de 70m², on l’a déjà fait et ça a finit avec un sol immonde. Tout le monde a l’air d’accord pour me faire boire jusqu’à plus soif…:smiley:

[size=200]HAPPY BIRTHDAY RATQUIRIT!!![/size]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Well it might work like that for you, but I’m just going to pick my thesis subject on my last year and I’m gonna have some intensive on my next year. Maybe it’s because we’re doing a 3 years bachelor where we don’t have any memory or thesis to do, and then we enter a 2 years master where we have that memory/thesis to do, and some intensives too.

Par contre je vais exactement finir comme tu le décris: 45 personnes sont attendues dans notre apart de 70m², on l’a déjà fait et ça a finit avec un sol immonde. Tout le monde a l’air d’accord pour me faire boire jusqu’à plus soif…:smiley:[/quote]

Ahah, enjoy then. J’espère juste qu’il n’y aura pas de visite surprise des proprios prévenus par les voisins véreux le lendemain de la fête. Ca m’est arrivée chez des amis, très très désagreéable de devoir pousser le canapé quasi au milieu de la pièce pour cacher de vilaines taches d’alcool sur un sol en bois par vernis…

Btw about the master thesis, I’ve done a memory thesis for every year of my master, I’m currently doing the second right now and I hope to get into PhD next year. I then have to submit my PhD thesis subject already in June, same time as my master thesis/memory. Got a lot of work to do though.

[size=150]Happy Birthday, RATQUIRIT![/size]

Haha I spent like an hour trying to cool things down with my neighbors, and I think I succeeded although I was pretty fucking drunk. I should work in negotiation or this kind of shit next because I’m fucking good at it, even drunk. Haha that was brilliant!

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Haha I spent like an hour trying to cool things down with my neighbors, and I think I succeeded although I was pretty fucking drunk. I should work in negotiation or this kind of shit next because I’m fucking good at it, even drunk. Haha that was brilliant![/quote]

LOL :stuck_out_tongue: Sounds like you’ve had fun.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Haha I spent like an hour trying to cool things down with my neighbors, and I think I succeeded although I was pretty fucking drunk. I should work in negotiation or this kind of shit next because I’m fucking good at it, even drunk. Haha that was brilliant![/quote]

Predictable. There are always angry neighbors who wishes they could have been to the party even when they’re 80 y.o. ;D

Oh Crap! It’s Mr. Pink’s B-Day!

O0 O0 [size=150]Happy B-Day Mr. Pink[/size] O0 O0

Yup thats right im 15. One more year to go until the legal sex age.

Not sure it’s a good idea though to reach the legal age for you. You’re already too fucked up, I wouldn’t like to leave girls near you.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]Not sure it’s a good idea though to reach the legal age for you. You’re already too fucked up, I wouldn’t like to leave girls near you.[/quote]
What are you on about! Just cause I posted a few funny threads doesnt mean im " fucked up".

You’re so fucked up that you don’t even realize that shit isn’t funny at all. It’s sick, and you’re sick.

[size=150]Happy Birthday.[/size]

Congratulations Twilight. Your the worst movie evaaah

[quote=“Utivich”]Congratulations Twilight. Your the worst movie evaaah[/quote]

LOL!

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“Utivich”]Congratulations Twilight. Your the worst movie evaaah[/quote]

LOL![/quote]
yeah, lol ;D

Naww, I know I haven’t been online for a while. But my birthday got missed. May 1st. Spent a month in Indonesia for my 21st. Yay!