The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Grindhouse To Play Unsplit in UK

Yap, the trailers been seen advertising the two films together in cinemas.

I’m surprise they’re not split, considering how the Weinsteins blew a casket.

Cheers!

Well, apparently according to our cinema Manager here in Aberystwyth, the film is going to be split in two everywhere - including the Uk - and the June 1st release date has been pulled.

:’(

See, this is exactly why the marketing of Grindhoue is a total mess. Nobody knows what the fuck is going on with the film. The people working with Harvey must be one bunch of incompetent motherfuckers!

naw I guess they’re just chaos right now, because the film didn’t make any money and those marketing folks dunno what to do. but i bet my ass a new tarantino film will make shitloads of money all over the world… so i guess splitting it would make some sense. i would nevertheless screen grindhouse in a couple bigger cities, if i was weinsteins

[quote=“Scarface”]
See, this is exactly why the marketing of Grindhoue is a total mess. Nobody knows what the fuck is going on with the film. The people working with Harvey must be one bunch of incompetent motherfuckers!
[/quote]

I’d say.

[quote=“Muldersgirl”]
Well, apparently according to our cinema Manager here in Aberystwyth, the film is going to be split in two everywhere - including the Uk - and the June 1st release date has been pulled.

:’(

[/quote]

Damn odd, why would they be advertising trailers then of the grindhouse together?

It will be fine to see them apart as they are two completly different movie vibes. I think more people will want to see QT’s DP more and likely go see it more than once. Also, wont they add the missing footage that we arent getting to see? I hope so so I can download it, unless they hurry up and make with the re-release in the states! The missing reels piss me off! Splitting them up is really no big deal imo. I actually wish they would have split them up here in the U.S. although it was cool to get to see a double feature. I had not seen a double in 20 years.

But Robert and Quentin wanted to make a double feature. Not two single movies. Fuck the split, no matter what the reasons are.