Grindhouse lacks B-movie appeal (?)

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
There was no “oh but what if journalists go and analyze the cultural status of exploitation cinema” etc etc.
[/quote]

Of course. I don’t disagree with you; I just wanted to emphasize that Tarantino and Rodriguez put a ton of thought into film in general. Just because an idea for a film comes about in 5 minutes doesn’t mean that these guys haven’t analyzed this genre from every angle.

Christ that’s probably all Tarantino does - smoke weed and talk movies.

I guess this means anybody who watches slasher movies are gonna go murder a dozen people :wink:

Well anyways, this article doesnt mean anything to me. Im not coming at Grindhouse from the place that guy is at all. Hes trying to analyze what exploitation cinema is, and give QT and RR a jab because theyre post modern artists working in the exploitation genre. Not to mention the doucheface hasnt even seen the movies yet.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Well anyways, this article doesnt mean anything to me. Im not coming at Grindhouse from the place that guy is at all. Hes trying to analyze what exploitation cinema is, and give QT and RR a jab because theyre post modern artists working in the exploitation genre. Not to mention the doucheface hasnt even seen the movies yet.
[/quote]

You are right. It really is bullshit to write an article like this without even seeing the film. What’s shitty is that most people will read the headline and think that it is a bad review. Sounds like he has an axe to grind - probably a failed screenwriter.

Im sure this isnt the last article like this we’ll read. Grindhouse will be getting crap thrown at it from all angles when its released. So, just get ready. :slight_smile:

there’s no such thing as bad publicity. Unless you get caught spaning the monkey in a movie theater.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
did your mother drop you when you were a baby? seriously…you must be the dumbest mother-fucker to have ever made a post on this forum…and that’s a huge fuckin’ statement. Shit…Seb can name five of the biggest fools to ever post here and not one of them will compare to this fucking exhibition of sheer stupidity. Il buono…he’s got nothing on you.
[/quote]

[color=red][size=180]INTERNET FORUM POSTER FAILS TO SEE VALUE IN POST:

[/size]

[size=180][color=red]HOSTILE REACTION ROCKS COMMUNITY[/size]

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
there’s no such thing as bad publicity. Unless you get caught spaning the monkey in a movie theater.
[/quote]

I was going to disagree but that fucking “Wild Hogs” movie did huge business with shit reviews across the board.

[quote=“Scarface”]
This guy is an idiot for several reasons:

1. He assumes that every QT fan is an anti-social, rejected person with no life. I don’t know if that was just a pathetic attempt at humor from his part. If it was, it wasn’t funny.
    [/quote]

I didn’t read it that way at all.

I took it as saying that this film has cornered that market (the film nerds, I suppose you could call them), but there was no suggestion that these are the only people that will like this movie, or like Tarantino movies in general.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
well, we pretty much fucked this thread to pieces! ;D
[/quote]

If I may, I would like to further fuck it up…Ahem

“LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA!!!”

I didnt read the artical but ive said this before, these movies arent really Grindhouse type flicks. Im going to love them for sure, but big stars, huge special effects ect, ect is not what grindhouse was all about. Double feature is the only thing in common actually. They should have just called it “HUGE BLOCKBUSTER” and not pretend these are grindhouse. They are not.

One word; Dick

They ain’t Grindhouse films. They’re RR/QT stile hommages to Grindhouse.

[quote=“Scarface”]

1. He assumes that every QT fan is an anti-social, rejected person with no life. I don’t know if that was just a pathetic attempt at humor from his part. If it was, it wasn’t funny.[/quote]

[quote]the most anticipated film of the spring among the all-important demographics of 15-year-old boys, movie store clerks and anti-social, basement-dwelling shut-ins.[/quote]

...Um.. thats.. not me.. well i mean the people i know who are tarantino fans.. arnt..

I think these films are half true Grindhouse/half big budget. Thats what the concept was from the beginning. To make the BEST Grindhouse films possible instead of just another standard Grindhouse film.

“Most Grindhouse films didnt deliver on their posters, our films are going to deliver on the posters and BEYOND!” - QT