The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Grindhouse In January!

IFC will be showing Grindhouse movies on Friday nights at midnight in January.As of right now there has been no news on what movies will be shown but Im sure IFC will do whats right.I dont know about anybody else but I can wait for january to come.

What is IFC?

A movie channel. You’ve already asked me this once Hahaha!

www.ifc.com

LOL!! Oh yeah… ;D

well damn, I don’t get it then :frowning:

The movie in your avatar is Sanjuro (own it on DVD)

Thanks Pete!

Awesome news!

Along with TCM’s Underground, there hasn’t been a better time to be a couch potatoe!

Anyway here is what they will show in January, I have to say I expected more >:(

January 5th: Bubba Ho-Tep

January 12th:Coffin Joe: At Midnight I’ll Take Your Soul

January 19th:Coffin Joe: This Night I’ll Possess Your Corpse

January 26th:Coffin Joe: Awakening of the Beast

Bubba Ho Tep is Grindhouse? I dont think so! :slight_smile:

Yeah I know! IFC usally does pretty damn good but not this time.

Coffin Joe? Sweet! Although they’re a couple months behind on showing these (Would’ve made for great Halloween-viewing)

I’ve seen the first and 3rd movies. First one still remains as a good fright flick. The 3rd’s a mixed bag. Part propaganda flick, part horror (Only in the last 25 minutes) Looking foward to the 2nd one.

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Bubba Ho Tep is Grindhouse? I dont think so! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Yeah, but in all fairness, my DVD of the movie is labeled in my “Cult/Midnight” section. 8)

They should be showing just real Grindhouse era stuff, not movies from 2000 and up. Dont ya think? Cuz it may confuse people as to what Grindhouse really is.

Because as we know theres a difference between GRINDHOUSE films and CULT films. Just because it s a CULT film doesnt mean it was shown at a Grindhouse in the 60s, 70s, early to mid 80s. For Example: Is The Big Lebowski a Grindhouse film? No, but its a Cult Film. See what I’m sayin? :slight_smile:È

[quote=“me”]
Anyway here is what they will show in January, I have to say I expected more >:(

January 5th: Bubba Ho-Tep

January 12th:Coffin Joe: At Midnight I’ll Take Your Soul

January 19th:Coffin Joe: This Night I’ll Possess Your Corpse

January 26th:Coffin Joe: Awakening of the Beast
[/quote]
Maybe I’m not missing too much then, haha.

I’d still like to check it out though.

I’ll definitely be watching Coffin Joe: At Midnight I’ll Take Your Soul but the rest of the Coffin Joe movies I dont know

I’ve never even heard of Coffin Joe.

Sounds like cheeze…

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
They should be showing just real Grindhouse era stuff, not movies from 2000 and up. Dont ya think? Cuz it may confuse people as to what Grindhouse really is.

Because as we know theres a difference between GRINDHOUSE films and CULT films. Just because it s a CULT film doesnt mean it was shown at a Grindhouse in the 60s, 70s, early to mid 80s. For Example: Is The Big Lebowski a Grindhouse film? No, but its a Cult Film. See what I’m sayin? :slight_smile:È
[/quote]
Yeah I was hoping they would show El topo or Erasorhead but those are more cult movies than grindhouse.

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
I’ve never even heard of Coffin Joe.

Sounds like cheeze…
[/quote]

It sounds kick ass. It makes me think of Django…

Yeah, true. But you have to remind yourself on what IFC will be able to obtain. I mean, I’m still bummed out that the only kung fu films IFC has aired have been the Disney-cut versions by Jet and Jackie. There’s still hope though. Throughout the years, they’ve aired the likes of:

Last House on the Left

The Great Silence

My Bloody Valentine

Foxy Brown

Repo Man

Tenebrae

Slumber Party Massacre

Hopefully there’s gonna be some surprises!

Edit-That response was directed at Pete. Didn’t know 6 respsonses had been added while I was typing. lol

Yeah slumber party massacre I remember that,really underrated.

Also dont forget Maniac.

I have alot of respect for IFC,I’ve only been watching IFC about a year now and thanks to them I’ve seen many movies Im not able to see like:

Maniac,Slumber Party Massacre,Body Parts and Bully

[quote=“me”]
Also dont forget Maniac.
[/quote]

Oh yeah. Duh (Slaps self) That was where I first saw the movie too.