Grind House split in two outside USA

the US is gonna need a whole lotta armed guards guarding the border if this is gonna go through, you’ll be missing the times it was just mexicans

I am sure that I am safe either way here in Oz, but I do pity some of you guys if this is true.

If this is true I’ll have no other choice than break my now-downloadingrule… But hell, they don’t dub films in the Netherlands so I guess I have nothing to worry about.

But right here and now I invite everyone in Europe to come see it in Amsterdam if they don’t show Grindhouse the way it’s suppossed to be shown in your own country.

lol damn, I just want to go to Amsterdam, bro…!

Hookers, drugs and Grindhouse…my perfect dream. ;D

Fuck, if that happens, I’ll just wait for the DVD. Can’t believe this…

Sounds like a nightmare. And the worst thing is that the seperate films won’t be boycotted like they should’ve, cause people in here couldn’t care less of what is and what is not intended, would just go to the theatre as soon as they’d hear there’s a Rodriguez/Tarantino movie out. They wouldn’t even KNOW about the fake trailers if they disappeared.

Ahah, can’t believe it, you couldn’t resist to open a topic about Grindhouse, you did ! ;D Fortunately for you, no spoiler here. But first thing you learn is only distributing problems, ahah don’t worry the rest of the topics are far more promiscuous ! :wink:

Haha, oh this was in the Grindhouse section… I just saw the topic name in the recent posts, opened the link from there. Doesn’t matter, as you said, just release info. And I’m concerned about this

I’m just teasing you. You know how curious I can be, so of course you’re concerned ! Now, you’re welcomed in the Grindhouse section, take a look on the other threads if you want ;D

Promiscuous Bleach

We’re one and the same

So we don’t gotta play games no more

Unfortunately it seems it is true in France. Yesterday, two big movies website announced that Death Proof will be released the 6 June and Planet Terror the 1 August.

Every fan in France is disappointed about this decision and wants to change it. If they do this in France they will do it in other countries too so I propose we make a huge petition, in English, French, German (and even in others languages) to have more signatures and show to the Weinstein Company we want this movie in one piece.

What do you think about this project?

I can do the French version (I already post message on my website and on different forum to help me) but I can’t do the English and German version.

[quote=“Jelle”]
If this is true I’ll have no other choice than break my now-downloadingrule… But hell, they don’t dub films in the Netherlands so I guess I have nothing to worry about.

But right here and now I invite everyone in Europe to come see it in Amsterdam if they don’t show Grindhouse the way it’s suppossed to be shown in your own country.
[/quote]
I don’t think that will matter if they split it up. Only movies dubbed here in Sweden are kids movies (but we do translate movie titles, and they dont in the Netherlands, right?). But I’m sure if they release them as 2 in the rest of Europe we will too.

But if they do split them up in Sweden and not in The Netherlands I would be happy to be invited there :angel:

[quote=“sonic”]
Unfortunately it seems it is true in France. Yesterday, two big movies website announced that Death Proof will be released the 6 June and Planet Terror the 1 August.

Every fan in France is disappointed about this decision and wants to change it. If they do this in France they will do it in other countries too so I propose we make a huge petition, in English, French, German (and even in others languages) to have more signatures and show to the Weinstein Company we want this movie in one piece.

I can do the French version (I already post message on my website and on different forum to help me) but I can’t do the English and German version.

[/quote]
This really is fucked up, it destroys the whole thing about Grindhouse… But I doubt that will help.

Alright, I just checked out a Swedish site, it says “Grind House is two full lenght movies for the price of one[…]” it also has a countdown to when its supposed to come out (in Sweden? dunnu) http://www.moviezine.se/filmsidor/grind_house.shtml

[quote=“sonic”]

[/quote]

So my worries were justified, fuck! >:( But it would do little or no good if a petition is sent to the Weinsteins, since this decision seems out of their control. Just out of curiosity, are the movies in French theaters dubbed?

OMG, why us ? Why France ??? We are supposed the be cinema lovers >:( I need to check that.

Movies are dubbed in France, but in arthouses movies aren’t, only with subtitles. We do the both :wink:

Edit : I checked, that’s true… F#ck, f#ck… Death Proof is out 6th june, and Planet Terror is out 1st august… I’m very mad right now

That sucks :’( :’(. Some of us probably won’t even get to see the fake trailers. Fuck the guys responsible for this, may they rot in hell!!! >:( >:(

Sorry guys that really blows

I am now officially inviting everyone to come to the states. May we enjoy the classic piece of cinema the way it was meant to.

You’d think that specifically for Grindhouse they could just put them together for the fans. Its really lame.

Thx for the invitation ThaDuke, BUT I can’t afford to go to the USA. I’ll wait for a lame release in France :-</E>

We should all send angry letters to QT/RR, Miramax, The actors, Distributors and everybody who’s involved with the cinema/dvd distribution or the movie itself >:(