Grey skies are gonna clear up

Put on a happy face!! :slight_smile:

Despite all the negative vibes bouncing around the forums lately, I’d like to start a thread that’s all about mushy loveliness. I want everyone to post something nice about the forum, or about a random member, etc.

Geoi, (I hope I spelled that right) I dig you’re honesty and your tenacity. You definitly add a lot to the forums.

Whose next?

Ok, I’ll go first. If I’ve forgotten anyone I really am sorry…my brain has been acting up lately. :stuck_out_tongue: you all know that I’m completely crazy, and this week has been…well…fucking nuts!

Despite the fact that I have had some really heated arguments with Geoi, she has kept her cool and remained classy through and through. You can really tell a lot about someone’s character by how they handle insults and hateful comments…Geoi - you’re a rock.

Scarface - while you and I disagree on religion I have always had to stop myself from laughing at your posts on the dearly departed thread about religion and politics. Your wit is a symbol of the incredible education that those dreadful Jesuit priest installed in your hard-drive. Hopefully they didn’t install anything else into you :o

Pete - while I completely HATE you, I must say that you have donated a considerable amount of your time making meaningful contributions. Keep it up. I still hate you.

Dex - a sense of humor that only a mother could love…a motherfucker! Keep it up.

Seb - what can I say about you that hasn’t already been said about Afghanistan? Just kidding. You’re cool and everyone knows it. At the very least you built a Quentin Tarantino website and actually got to meet the guy…and he said…“that website is fucking killer”.

Ify - you’re a Pink Floyd fanatic and for that you shall be forgiven for any transgressions

Me…where in the fuck have you been dude?

Plunderbunnie - you’re without a doubt the sexiest internet dork on the planet…and I’ve never even seen you.

Lili - you make me want to come to france and eat some fois gras…

Everyone else will have to wait for my next manic moment…

Sincerely,

Kilgore Trout…the asshole from el paso

How was that?

Awww… You’re such a breath of fresh air, Plunderbunnie. If there is a sweetheart of the forum, it’s you. :slight_smile:

I’d also like to reckognize:

Biohazard, for being the comic relief

Ify, for his long, drawn-out, and borderline neurotic and OCD attention to detail posts

Lillie, for making France cool

Seth, for having an awesome username and being funny

Pantsman, for representing the right without allowing emotion to come into it

Hung Fist, for being the ultimate movie-reviewer

Scar, for being so cool with his awesome hair

Nublob, for being coming correct, and not being afraid to ask questions

NonStop, for coming correct, and being himself

Kinick, for being a dick, and never wavering

Crazy Kenneth, for all he adds to all areas of the forum, and for being born on my birthday

Kilgore Trout, for being what he is, and being proud of it… Just like a true TEXAN

SEBASTIAN!!! For creating and maintaining this place for us to come together and appreciate each other, and help each other learn.

I really love this place. Sometimes I wonder why, what with all the hate and whatnot, but then I remember… We’re all Tarantino fans, and as hard as it is to believe, there aren’t many REAL Tarantino fans around me. It’s great to come here and converse, even great to argue with, other people that love this man and his movies as much as I do.

Thanks guys.

[quote=“asshole from el paso”]
Ok, I’ll go first.

Despite the fact that I have had some really heated arguments with Geoi, she has kept her cool and remained classy through and through. You can really tell a lot about someone’s character by how they handle insults and hateful comments…Geoi - you’re a rock.

How was that?
[/quote]

Shucks. I luv ya too brother.

I know I take my breaks from the forum every now and then, but I still have respect for everyone around here.

Big ups to Laydback when he posts for being a brilliant guy with impeccable tastes in cinema.

Geoi for being a super fan of Hot Fuzz, a pro-wrestling lucha libre who has hopefully been in some kind of awesome FMW styled death matches and also representing the vast Right Wing Conspiracy. I’ll see you at the next meeting of the Illuminati.

Pete, who is most certainly opinionated amd who isn’t afraid to vocalize those opinions. A great sense of film history and a well rounded knowledge of all the various subgenres. He’s a good guy and has done awesome work over at the Duece.

Hung Fist who I am thankful to for keeping me up to date with Asian cinema, as I really don’t know how he does it. Great taste in cinema and a truly classy guy.

Seb for making a great site and being an all around cool guy, for letting me play around with designs for the site back in the day and for helping show me the ways of PHP many years before I attempted playing around with it :slight_smile:

Dex, who may be a CTer but is most certainly an intriguing and intelligent cat. Much respect for him!

Will post more later, gotta show the respect!

I forgot Dex, Laydback, and some others. I’ve had a lil smoke tonight.

Dex, I really think you’re on the right track with both your writing, and the way you go about politics. Plus you’re a good RR fan. Keep it up mate.

Laydback, yeah, what pantsman said. I really enjoy reading your posts.

Snake eyes, you too. Don’t agree with you on religion, but it doesn’t make me think less of you as a member/fellow Tarantino-ite.

Anyway, I think we all gots the luv, even if we don’t always show it. Thanks again Plunderbunnie. Anyone else?

Now this is a great topic.

The real way to stop darkness is to turn on the fucking light switch

[quote=“Geoi”]
Kinick, for being a dick, and never wavering
[/quote]

No problem, Geo. Just glad to be a contributee. :wink:

Blue skies smilin’ at me

Nothin’ but blue skies do I see

Bluebirds singin’ a song

Nothin’ but bluebirds all day long

Never saw the sun shinin’ so bright

Never saw things goin’ so right

Noticing the days hurrying by

When you’re in love, my how they fly

Blue days, all of them gone

Nothin’ but blue skies from now on

(Blue skies smilin’ at me

Nothin’ but blue skies do I see)

Never saw the sun shinin’ so bright

Never saw things goin’ so right

Noticing the days hurrying by

When you’re in love, my how they fly

Blue days, all of them gone

Yay, this makes me glad :smiley:

Snake Eyes, despite our debates, I know you’re a sweetheart, and always a gentlemen.

Kilgore, sometimes you love being a dick, but you’re a smart dick. I think you’re wit and intelligence brings a lot to the forums that would be missed if you left.

Seth, you’ve got such a good head on your shoulders, and you’re one of the easiest going members here, with always something meaningful to say.

Cyber-lili, I truly believe that you really hold this place together. You’re just so likable that people respect you enough to be a bit more civil when you’re around.

Dex, I think you command respect, and that says a lot about your character, not to mention your insight and intelligence.

Ify, you’re just cool shit. The forums wouldn’t be NEARLY the same without you. Enough said.

More to come later…

I think I just come on this topic when it’s all cleared up from every insults moved in another hate and bullshit topic. Thanks a lot Plunderbunnie for making this thread. I think we already have tried to make such things before, it always ended up bad in the end, ahah (like now before moving every stupid insults). But it’s good from time to time to try again to be civil and respect each others.

As it’s been said already (and I won’t try to say it better), there are like different type of users, the ones who’re totally into movies and make every other users love reviewing and talk about movies. Other users try to debate on more sensitive issues and take the risk to end up with flamming discussions but at least try to share and debate on different opinions, that’s what we’re all made for : try to be a better and smarter person thanks to the others’ opinions. Noone should stick to his selfish and narrowminded opinions. Never.

So that topic is great to underline other users’s qualities. Thanks again Plunderbunnie to have the initiative to allow people to say positive things for once. :wink:

I tried shifting the focus of this forum to QT-related things recently, in an effort to get people to forget about all that bullshit that was going on. But a more direct approach such as this thread is a great idea, Plunderbunnie.

I really appreciate all the kind words said about me, and all the kind words said about other members. It really made me smile. :slight_smile:

It’s true that we’re all one big family here. Like all families, we do have arguments sometimes. However, we also have our lighter, friendlier moments. To draw an analogy, I loved being at university. When I would visit home, I would start hating it after a few days. However, I found that I couldn’t be away from home for too long, as I would miss it dearly. I’d come home every now and then to get my fix. So none of us here can truly bring ourselves to leave this place. We might say it’s dead, full of idiots etc. and threaten to leave, but we always end up coming back (or not leaving at all) because the truth is we all actually really love it here. Sure, sometimes it can get tough, but to be able to chat with such great people who share a vast knowledge of and passion towards cinema and QT, there is hardly anything better.

I’ve had my fair share of beef with people over the years I’ve been here, but that’s long gone. Now, I just don’t even bother, it’s beyond me (as some of you may have noticed). We have great personalities and awesome people (new and old); Seb, cyber-lili, Scarface, Kilgore, plunderbunnie, Geoi, Biohazard, Angel, Snake Eyes, Crazy Kenneth, Hung Fist, Pete, Pantsman, Laydback, Seth etc. etc… I love you all ;D

I miss Bad Max. :wink:

That was a very nice post Ify. Well stated and really thoughtful of you dude.

Now this is more like it. :slight_smile:

Ify summed it up all nicely, really - there isn’t much to add. Except that every single one of you makes this place super awesome in his/her onw unique way. So there. :wink:

That’s right. We’re all friends here. Now who’s up for some great sweaty group sex? I choose Plunder as my partner.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
That’s right. We’re all friends here. Now who’s up for some great sweaty group sex? I choose Plunder as my partner.
[/quote]

I’ll bet you do. You’ve probably already spanked the monkey thinking of various scenarios and plots.

Mmmmm. No. I don’t touch myself. I pay women to touch it fool!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Mmmmm. No. I don’t touch myself. I pay women to touch it fool!
[/quote]

Bio, you still live in Houston? From what I remember there are tons of massage parlors that offer the Happy Ending. Especially up in Chinatown.

Oh yeah. A ho-down in H-town. Represent for shizzle my bizzle. I be flizzle with the grizzles like a dizzle. They call me Mr. Cherry Pop!

izzle!