Grand Theft Auto IV

They actually made a mod for the pc! You can play multiplayer online! But, it doesnt even feel near the genius of goldeneye :frowning:

Here is a halflife mod:

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

And another one which works through emulation:

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/

just got it, the limited edition stuff well worth the money i’ll tell ya how it is when i play it properly in the morning

The majority of reviewers have given it a perfect score, with the press average being 9.9/10. It’s incredible, I haven’t seen anything like it.

Source:

IGN.com [Australia] - 9.8 /10

TeamXbox - 10 /10

GameSpy.com - 5 /5

1UP.com- A+ /A+

Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) - A /A+

Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) - A+ /A+

Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM) - A+ /A+

GamePro - 5 /5

Computer and Video Games.com - 9.5 /10

Game Informer - 10 /10

Game Informer - 10 /10

GameDaily - 5 /5

Eurogamer - 10 /10

VicioJuegos [Spain] - 98 /100

GameTrailers - 9.8 /10

Xbox World 360 [UK] - 98 /100

InsideGamer [Netherlands] - 10 /10

Power Unlimited [Dutch] - 100 /100

GamesRadar [US] - 10 /10

IGN.com [UK] - 10 /10

IGN.com - 10.0 /10

Empire Online - 5 /5

Official Xbox Magazine UK - 10 /10

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.gamestats.com/objects/827/82 … icles.html”>http://www.gamestats.com/objects/827/827005//articles.html</LINK_TEXT>

I pre-ordered mine from HMV in February. Cost me £36 and I get 1000 MS points and a £130 Voucher booklet with it. Hopefully it’ll arrive in the post tomorrow. If not, I may have to pop down to my local Blockbuster and buy a copy, then sell my pre-ordered copy that comes late. Only thing is, I am in my final year at uni, in my final few weeks and so have sooooo much work on. So I will have to be careful on time spent playing this.

[quote=“Ify”]
I don’t really give a shit where it’s set, as long as the game is good. It would be cool if it was set in London though, but then again I don’t think I’d be able to stand the stupid cockney accents they’d no doubt assume.
[/quote]

Actually, I totally forgot about this before, but the guys who make GTA are Scottish. So they’d probably be more accurate than you think with things like accents. But then again, I think what’s stopping them doing London is the fact that gamers have already done it with the Getaway games. I personally didn’t like them, but a lot of people seem to.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
They actually made a mod for the pc! You can play multiplayer online! But, it doesnt even feel near the genius of goldeneye :frowning:

Here is a halflife mod:

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

And another one which works through emulation:

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/
[/quote]

I actually had a feeling someone had already done one. There’s a mod for pretty much everything you could think of.

its awesome, rockstar managed to keep a classic GTA feel while upgrading everything the humour is classic, the driving is heaps better and the shooting is fantastic perfect game

Mine arrived in the post today. Have played for a couple of hours and so far so good. A huge improvement from San Andreas. Multiplayer on Live was awesome. I played 2 games and won 2. Still getting used to the driving, which is more realistic. Can’t say anything bad about it yet.

It looks fucking amazing! I so need a copy :slight_smile:

They are of course targeting its violence :stuck_out_tongue:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 … y-ign.html”>GTA IV sex video gives Thompson, other critics fresh ammo | Ars Technica</LINK_TEXT>

I wouldn’t be surprised if take two is giving money to people, so they will go to court against them and speak out against them in the media…it’s all in favor of even more sales

GTA 4 is glorious. The level of detail is staggering. What it lost from the previous games was the “arcade” aspects of the series. They’ve gone for realism this time. Just the small details amaze me. When you stab citizens on the street, they hobble and hold their gut from then on instead of just getting up and running like nothing happened. The explosions are absolutely insane too. Just a combination of all these new improvements (like amazing area damage on cars and ragdoll physics) make everything from evading the police to running over people feel that much more real. It really blurs the line between game and film. Some of the in-game moments (like shooting a civilian through the front windshield of his car and watching him swerve off and crash into the wall) are like watching a film.

In one mission I was given the choice to help or kill this guy I was ordered to kill. I chose to kill him and then later I felt this regret like as if it was a real person whose life I had taken when I could’ve saved it. That’s what I think the new game brings. Everything is so real that I feel the consequences of killing nothing more than a bunch of pixels. I took my date to the bar as well and got totally drunk, then drove her home. And I honestly felt a little bad about the horrible date and vowed never to go to the bar for a date again.

The funny thing is that I haven’t yet had a rampage or anything. The story is so engaging that I am just content with playing through the missions, going from place to place.

[quote=“Seth_Gecko”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 … y-ign.html”>GTA IV sex video gives Thompson, other critics fresh ammo | Ars Technica</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

Yeah, Jack Thompson is an arsehole. At it again.

Watching that video though, I am really glad that the hookers get on top of Niko and ride him like that. It always annoyed me that in a game as big as San Andreas, when you get a hooker it just played sex sounds whilst the two characters sat in separate seats. Man, the detail they’ve put into it is mind-boggling.

It kind of annoys me when the violence is targeted like that. Rockstar have always strived for storytelling and exploring the cinematic possibilities of the game medium. So what if they work in violence and sex, they are breaking new ground. Like Hideo Kojima and Metal Gear Solid, they are devoted to the storytelling possibilities of video games. It’s sad that people like Jack Thompson can belittle such a grand achievement by claiming it is just mindless sex and violence.

[quote=“Angel”]
I took my date to the bar as well and got totally drunk, then drove her home. And I honestly felt a little bad about the horrible date and vowed never to go to the bar for a date again.

[/quote]

You need to go out more, dude.

[quote=“Scarface”]
You need to go out more, dude.
[/quote]

No, I mean getting drunk in GTA has all the negatives but none of the positives. So it’s frankly just a pain in the arse. It hurts my eyes and it’s hard to drive or walk for that matter. Niko never gets a little drunk, he always gets completely smashed. Plus, it’s not too good for getting favour with her.

Besides, I already know I need to get out more.

Just came across these two anti-GTA: IV you tube vids. It’s by supreme douche bag Glenn Beck.

CNN Headline News - Grand Theft Morality Pt.1 - YouTube

CNN Headline News - Grand Theft Morality Pt.2 - YouTube

I haven’t played the game yet(can’t afford a 360), but in the second video a Prosecutor who’s trying to bring Rockstar games up on charges states that “You can walk into an adult strip club and have oral and anal sex.” I know strip clubs are in the game and you can get private dances like in past games, but can you actually have sex, let alone anal sex? I love the Grand Theft Auto games but if that’s true it seems a bit silly and unnesessary. It’s Jack Thompson saying this though and he’s been getting his ass handed to him in court by Rockstar for almost a decade. Just curious.

EDIT: Sorry if this has been brought up already. I didn’t want to scan the topic for fear of storyline spoilers.

I am totally hooked on GTA IV i played for like 6 hours the other day when i was off ill from work (I have an X-Box 360). It is excellent and i give it 10/10. The graphics are fantastic and there is not one bit of the map that has nothing on it, unlike San Andreas.

[quote=“Dex”]
Just came across these two anti-GTA: IV you tube vids. It’s by supreme douche bag Glenn Beck.

CNN Headline News - Grand Theft Morality Pt.1 - YouTube

CNN Headline News - Grand Theft Morality Pt.2 - YouTube

I haven’t played the game yet(can’t afford a 360), but in the second video a Prosecutor who’s trying to bring Rockstar games up on charges states that “You can walk into an adult strip club and have oral and anal sex.” I know strip clubs are in the game and you can get private dances like in past games, but can you actually have sex, let alone anal sex? I love the Grand Theft Auto games but if that’s true it seems a bit silly and unnesessary. It’s Jack Thompson saying this though and he’s been getting his ass handed to him in court by Rockstar for almost a decade. Just curious.

EDIT: Sorry if this has been brought up already. I didn’t want to scan the topic for fear of storyline spoilers.
[/quote]

Not that I know of. I’m pretty sure he’s full of shit. I think he’s talking about that video that he’s using as ammunition against Rockstar which has scenes in which the strippers simulate oral and anal sex, much like a real lap dance. But as for real anal or oral sex, I haven’t encountered it.

i think that was cut out of the Aussie version, not sure if thats even posible in the uncut version anway

does anyone play online ps3? my names mrblodne22 if anyone wants too play