The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

George A. Romeros Land of the Dead

****(out of five)

For everyone who has seen Romeros previous movies,(Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead) and are fans of his attention to gore then Land of the Dead will obviously be your fav for this is the goriest of all his four zombie films. In this fourth and final living dead tale, zombies have taken over the world, and now Fiddlers Green, a city surrounded by 3 sides of water is trying to rebuild the population. A large group of people, Riley, Charlie, Cholo and a few others, travel through cities at night looking for supplies to bring back to Fiddlers Green. But Riley begins realizing that the zombies are getting smarter, and are learning to communicate. In Land of the Dead, George A. Romero tries to make you feel a little sorry for the zombies in this film, for they are getting smarter, learning to communicate making friends with other zombies, ect. This is definetly my favorite out of all four, alot of gore, great dialouge and a 10 second Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (the guys from Shaun of the Dead) cameo!!! So I’ll give this film 4 out of 5 stars, it could have been a little longer and no, I didn’t care about the two jokes about Canada. And this film has a flashback at the beginning, so you don’t have to see the previous films to understand what the fuck is going on! But I still recomend you do. Awesume movie.

What did you think?

yes yes yes, come august(australia) ill be there.

This was flat as a pancake. Nah didn’t enjoy it.

Copperhead-

Enjoyable reviews though.