Future Directors

Then I can make a crappy film! YAY!!! One day that will happen! MMMMMM…BEER!!!

Well if you make a crappy film make it intentionally crappy. Otherwise you’ll end up with a Tears of the Sun or Cold Mountain. Cue the cheesy theme. Watch audience groan. Kill the main charecture that everyone knew was going to die in the first 15 minutes, 2 hours into the film.

Yeah, I would make it intentonally crappy. the low budget etc, but it would be a fun thing to do!

Hey guys, unfortunately. i’m from Australia, and my school doesn’t encourge any film thing for shit. Eventhough my school is the best academic school in the state, they don’t have anything on film, not even a camcorder or anything. I live in one of those rich ass leafy suburbs where everyone is fucking laoded with money, but the problem is, most community centres has a film unit where they help budding directors, but my community doens’t even have a community centre. what the hell am i supposed to do?

I’ve got heaps of time on ym hand, yet I can’t even find a place to see how good(orshit) i’m at in film making. I have no idea where to buy camcorders or any of that editing shit, i’ve got no friends who’ll help me, save these two idiots, and i’m running out of money because i bought an electric guitar, so what the hell am i supposed to do? i’ve written a couple of scripts.

Also, how the hell are you meant to use those editing programs? Like flash and director mx, it takes ages to learn it.

Try Sydney mischa. there’s probably film stuff there. or any capital city close to you! after you finish school, you should try something like a TAFE course!

hey, im 15 too, and also really want to be a filmmaker. can anyone reccomend any camps for freshman that are either cheap, or have a good scholarship system, and that are in the general new england area?

[quote=“elkie”]
Try Sydney mischa. there’s probably film stuff there. or any capital city close to you! after you finish school, you should try something like a TAFE course!
[/quote]

That’s where I live, Sydney. TAFE are for people who don’t get into uni. Maybe I should go to film school, but I want to start doing some films now, not when i’m 19 or 20.

Ahhh, I see! I guess I cant help ya!

anyone?

Come here in Italy :slight_smile:

I’m a 22 university student (Science of comunication) and i’m still producing a movie.

The only thing needed is: "I will"

Sometimes i’m so apatic but when i look at my personal movie poster “Per un pugno di dollari” (for a fistfull of dollars)

I meet again my will.

Go for it right now!!

[quote=“Penny_Lame”]
hey, im 15 too, and also really want to be a filmmaker. can anyone reccomend any camps for freshman that are either cheap, or have a good scholarship system, and that are in the general new england area?
[/quote]

I’m also 15 and last summer i went this Film Camp called the School of Cinema and Performing arts in Manhattan is a really great camp. You learn how to write a script and you make like two or three movies.

Wow, interesting… I also intend on becoming a director and am also 15!! That’s what I plan to do, once I get a job, I’ll go out and buy a movie camera and start practicing. I’m a very committed person, and am thrilled about the idea of directing films when I get older.

It doesn’t cost 3000 dollars to get a computer capable of editing.

First of all, the possibility of building your own is most affordable for higher end computers.

Chip in 800 bucks and you can find yourslef using a professional computer, with blazing processing speeds, plus its fun to build and experiment.

Then, get a editing program

A camera with 3ccd’s (Panasonic GS series cams go for as low as 600 bucks.)

A microphone specified for filming purposes, attach it to a mic stand and use it like a boom.

All it really takes is some practicality and interest.

;D I’ve always dreamed of becoming a great director like QT but all i need are the equipment and a crew to help me go forth with my ideas. what do i need to do get these things?

any suggestions?

im 16 but i have been making movies since i was 11 years old. I dun think im goin to collage rite now im savin money up so when i hit 18 i can make a movie on a shoe string budget.

I’m 20, I’m finishing up my last two years at university, then attending a 2 year film school in Nashville, called Watkins. Right now I’m just saving any and all cash that I can get my hands on.