Full Tilt Boogie Rocks

I’ve seen FDTD a hundred times, but I haven’t yet watched FTB. I don’t wanna see QT et al. be mean.

</soft fan girl

Huh?

^^ I heard he rips into some earnest fanboy types, and it makes me feel a little uneasy. :-[

Unless they totally, really are completely asking for it.

[quote=“yella_haired_warrior”]^^ I heard he rips into some earnest fanboy types, and it makes me feel a little uneasy. :-[

Unless they totally, really are completely asking for it.[/quote]

Ohhh, no, that’s just a joke. He and Clooney are both taking the piss outta their fame. It’s not meant to be offensive to anyone. Just for laughs.

That parts fantastic! Quentin may not be a great actor but he’s great at playing Quentin. If that makes sense.

This is like Hearts of Darkness to me, the best making of a movie movie ever. It was weird seeing them back to back a while ago; how Coppola suffered for his art ;D while QT and company were practicing their spit takes.

Does anybody know if they shot that part of the La Louisiane scene for Inglourious Basterds?

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“yella_haired_warrior”]^^ I heard he rips into some earnest fanboy types, and it makes me feel a little uneasy. :-[

Unless they totally, really are completely asking for it.[/quote]

Ohhh, no, that’s just a joke. He and Clooney are both taking the piss outta their fame. It’s not meant to be offensive to anyone. Just for laughs.[/quote]

Ahhh. Ahhhhh. That makes sense. Seriously, I’m a sucker for all the blood and gore you can throw at / over / on me, but harsh words just make my skin crawl. I don’t like needlessly rude people, and wasn’t interested in seeing something that might diminish my respect for the man; but if it’s all in good humour, that’s fine.

Christ, yes, I am a delicate little flower, ok? :smiley:

[quote=“yella_haired_warrior”]

Ahhh. Ahhhhh. That makes sense. Seriously, I’m a sucker for all the blood and gore you can throw at / over / on me, but harsh words just make my skin crawl. I don’t like needlessly rude people, and wasn’t interested in seeing something that might diminish my respect for the man; but if it’s all in good humour, that’s fine.

Christ, yes, I am a delicate little flower, ok? :smiley:[/quote]

I love QT too, but he’s far from being some sort of perfect gentleman. He can certainly be a dick. Well, maybe diva would be a better word. But really, just like with anyone you look up to, you gotta accept him, faults and all. That includes his sketchy character.

I totally agree. I know he’s human and, like all humans, has the capacity to act like a complete and utter twatticus. Its just that I don’t want to… I don’t know, focus on it? Weirdly enough, I like reading about Tarantino’s crazy antics; but watching a vulnerable (most-likely not very bright) fanboy be demolished is a bit … n’argh. Paparazzi are fair game. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I’m going to watch it tonight and make up my mind based what’s actually there. Look at me, Ma, I’m basing my opinion on knowledge! Ha ha.

The push is only like 1 second long. And it’s funny since after they push fanboys out the way they stop for a girl.

I think his movies have more violence then that.

Tarantino to me is more of a buddy that I never met and go see his movies because it’s like showing me stuff from other movies that I like too. A big geek-fest. I don’t look at him as a groundbreaking director or anything, unless you want to make a case that he provided violence, pop culture and B-movie genre in big Hollywood films, but again, all that has been done before. He does help SOME people branch into other films, but mostly people stick on him and don’t branch, and then never see films that he copied and pasted from.

You can hate on that opinion all you want since it’s a Tarantino board, but the fact remains, the more films you see, the less you see in others. Pulp Fiction might be someone’s fav movie now, but if you watch other 90’s films (Abbas Kiarostami films) or films that inspired QT’s films (Godard’s films), you won’t be saying that anymore, unless your blinded by QT’s light. People move on. I’m still here because like I said, QT’s films are still fun because it’s stuff that interests me. He is like a friend I never met. Plus the cool people here. I can’t leave them. :wink:

Yeaaaah, ok, it’s totally tongue-in-cheek. :smiley:

[quote=“yella_haired_warrior”]Yeaaaah, ok, it’s totally tongue-in-cheek. :smiley:[/quote]

So you watched it?

Yuhuh. The whole thing was pretty funny. The Dancing Girl on the platform between shoots with her paperback out was great; and the bit where they keep pinching Julliette’s arse (‘Hey, my man!’). And it’s so strange to see how the action scenes with all the vamps looked when they were actually filming. I bet they had some great fun on set playing around with the props.

Oh, and I was glad they included the monster with the mouth for a belly. I’d heard about that being cut, and it piqued my curiousity. Totally should have left it in.