The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Friday The 13th (2009)

First there was an Halloween remake now you get an Friday The 13th remake.

More info: (beware of spoilers!) http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=12575

Im all for the remake and from the link it sounds really interesting.

Sounds more like a sequel than a remake.

Why are they remaking every fucking film! Jesus Christ are there any screenwriters out there with good original material…pathetic.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Why are they remaking every fucking film! Jesus Christ are there any screenwriters out there with good original material…pathetic.
[/quote]

There’s lots, just not enough people with the balls to take the chance. It’s just safer to

cash in on the people who did.

I mean horror screenwriters :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with Bio here. We need new horror screenwriters and new horror movies. Less remakes and more anti/heros to scream for in the theaters. I know they are out there, it’s just that the studios don’t have the balls enough to take a risk on unknown writers.

Being a huge friday the 13th fan this film is bad news for me. Ever since i heard of this film, about a year ago,it made me cringe. Why not just make another sequel?

That’s kind of my thought as well. I mean, most of the sequels were pretty much

just rehashing the originals anyway.

I don’t know. I’ve read about it on wikipedia, and I think that done right this movie could be rather good. See, unlike Kruger or Micheal, Jason has this amazing mythology about him, and I’ve always wanted to see a movie, about what happened between the time he drowned, and the time he showed up in part 2.