Four Rooms (sucks)

I actually thought this movie was kind of funny; it was entertaining at least. I’m not saying this movie is great or even good, it’s one of those crappy “guilty pleasure” type movies. I had heard that it was shitty before I saw it, so I had that attitude going into the movie, and I was surprised to find myself laughing out loud once or twice. It’s a pointless piece of fluff, yes, but I still kind of liked it.

Except the first story. I thought that was just stupid.

What was the deal with the 2nd one? I didn’t get it at all

I just saw this last night. The first two stories were stupid, I thought the third story was funny and the last one was just weird.

The only stories I liked were Quentin and Robert’s, even though they weren’t up to par for these two directors.

Ted got annoying to me five minutes into the film.

The first one for me was just an excuse to show boobs,

which I guess is okay. :-/

The second is dumb, it had some interesting parts, but most of it made no sense.

The third was pretty funny, some boring parts, but I loved the ending to that one.

The forth was pretty good, I think Quintin was poking fun at himself, the way he is known for having dialouge and scenes that are useless, but funny.

I mean the whole story was about getting Tim Roth’s Charecter to chop off their freinds hand, if he fails the bet, and it dragged on to where he finnaly did it!

Funny story.

The first story was dumb, I was so hoping that one of the stories would be about the party upstairs, I was sure this was going to happen after they ordered up some ice. :’(

[quote]
third sucked a cheeta’s dick with heinz tomato ketchup
[/quote]

Awwwww yeah. R.I.P Wesley Willis.

Also, I have chosen not to watch this movie for obvious reasons. I doubt that I will ever see it.

By the way, whatever happened to Badmotherfucker?

robert rodriquez’ film was great, even tarantinos one wasnt that good but anythings better then the opening twos filmic equivalent of pure shit.

tim roth was embarrasing, it just looks like he was trying to impersonate lee evans stand up routine. (brit readers will now evans, he was also in something bout mary as the architect/pizza guy but his stand up was really physical, EXACTLY what roths trying to do in four rooms)

[quote]The first story was dumb, I was so hoping that one of the stories would be about the party upstairs, I was sure this was going to happen after they ordered up some ice.  :’([/quote]

i thought the party turned out to be tarantino’s room? aint seen it for a while though so cant be sure

The third was insanely funny. I don’t know what you guys were smoking.

And for the life of me, I can’t get tired of QT’s characters, no matter how fucking full of it and masturbatory they are. The comedic timing of the ending of his story was perfect.

As for Tim Roth, I guess most of the folks watching it were pretty detached with the horrible first two stories (while both of them were extremely bad, I absolutely hated the second one especially - the ending was a kind of half-baked Kids in the Hall ripoff), so the amazing comedic transformation that Roth underwent was hardly noticeable. I, however, was enjoying his presence through the entire thing, no matter how awful the characters and situations became. At the beginning of the movie he was a wet-behind-the-ears rookie, and by the end he was a disturbed, corrupted, blubbering mess of a human being, and this happened all in the course of one night. In addition to this massive transformation, he was responsible for portraying four separate interpretations of his character (he stayed relatively the same, but there were lots of differences throughout, especially in the second segment), and I think he played each one out very well. He was a tiny redeeming factor for the deplorable first half.

Four Rooms and You Got Served are two of the best movies to come out in the last 20 years.

Buono, how many times do I have to shoot you in the face?

The same number of times I bang Uma.

Infinitely

Rockwells’ and Anders’ first two parts were bullshit, Rodriguez’ 3rd part was OK and Quentin Tarantino’s part was very funny and nice. But not more. A nice movie I’ve bought for 5 euro in Germany on DVD. A Tarantino fan must have it, but its not real a good movie, just nice.

Not sure about every Tarantino fan having to own it… seeming it does suck alot, but as for every fan viewing it I guess they should.

When you’re a real Tarantino fan, you buy Four Rooms, too. That’s my opinion. I’ve got the DVD, the movie is OK, you can watch it a few times, but only Rodriguez’ and Tarantino’s parts.

[quote]the episode is ‘The Man From Rio’ and it did have steve McQueen in it.[/quote]

Actually that’s a short story written by Rohald Dahl, like someone said up there… it’s called “The man from the south”, I think, and it was adapted by Hitchcock. I found out by chance, when I was actually reading a book by Dahl called “Tales of the unexpected” and that story was in it.

yeah, its the man from the south, ive got every episode from “Hitchcock Presents” including that one

Ahh, Hitchcock Presents… I’ve got a lot of them. My favourite must be the one where woman was buried alive. Ī haven’t seen all of them, actually I have a feeling that I haven’t seen A LOT of them.

I thought those two kids were funny as shit, they had me crackin the fuck up

I like this film. Title and closing music is used on a French show called ‘On A Tout Essaye’ and for a British soap powder commercial.

My MovieMail review is here:

Premioterna.it – Guida online ai rimedi naturali

Scroll to the bottom