For overseas fans: Would you download Grindhouse since now it won't be released?

I loved the grindhouse idea from the first time I read about it, not being familiar with the concept before.

It´s a big shame that the release dates of a movie like this are so wide apart worldwide.

I never download movies but now knowing for certain I would have to wait til sep/nov to watch PD and PT (if they´ll get released at all here, I´m on a island in the Mediteranian sea, no dates have been announced) and for sure not Grindhouse as it was intended made me.

I enjoyed it a lot (even though the quality was inferior, but that added something in this case) but I really wish we could have had the cinema experience here too.

I understand the financial part of movie theatres and agree with them not showing a movie that doesn´t give profit. All the other Tarantino features were shown here and ran for enough weeks but this is different I guess.

I´m wondering how many other overseas fans ended up downloading it like me?

And would you still go and watch DP of PT when it will be released as separate features?

I certainly would and I would buy the Grindhouse DVD as soon as it´s released too.

Let´s just hope we´ll get a complete version, not Vanilla, extended, special box etc. etc.)

I’m not going to download some shitty copy, that’d just ruin my enjoyment. Instead, I will be buying the R1 DVD when it’s released. It’s better buying the DVD in June (or thereabouts) than to wait till late September.

If you download it you are stealing from not only QT, but from a lot of other hard working people.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
If you download it you are stealing from not only QT, but from a lot of other hard working people.
[/quote]

If you download it and are planing on buying it when it comes out on dvd anyway, I don’t really see the problem.

The “hard working people” have already been paid their salary anyway, so you ain’t gonna take anything from them. The only person who’ll suffer if you don’t buy the dvd is Harvey.

Having said that, I never downloaded one single movie in my life.

got a bootleg copy. sick to death of waiting and a ‘fuck you’ to the weinsteins.

have every intention of seeing both in the cinema if and when they are released AND will buy it/them on dvd asap.

I downloaded it right after it came out. And I don’t think I’m stealing from anybody since I will buy a movie ticket and a dvd, too, once they are available here.

For the record I´m surprised that both films did so bad and would be very dissapointed if they won´t be both released here, esp. since we do get all the other horrorstuff in the cinema like “Hills have eyes2” etc.

For our Fanboys with nice Big screen surround sets at home straight to dvd may turn out be a nice term for the future, it beats waiting for 4,5 months or downloading crap?

[quote=“Scarface”]
The “hard working people” have already been paid their salary anyway, so you ain’t gonna take anything from them. The only person who’ll suffer if you don’t buy the dvd is Harvey.

Having said that, I never downloaded one single movie in my life.
[/quote]

I agree with always paying for something, and paying to see a movie is the same, the industry is a big business. But they fork out the investment before and take a chance for that.
We as consumer have the choice to go spend money to see a movie or not. We can inform ourselves, through reviews and such before to get an idea if we will enjoy it.

A company has to make money and therefore doesn´t even raise an eyebrow to release movies multiple times. I have All Tarantino(related) movies till JB (so even Killing Zoe, True romance etc) on VHS and then bought all of them agian on DVD when they were released, only to find out that a year later there released in a more elaborate version..
The industry made enough of me over the years and will continue to, so I don´t look bad against downloading something "vanilla" that I will buy someday as a version with full extras. Hell if Grindhouse was released today, with full extra´s and such I´ll buy it here and now!

I’ve never downloaded a film in my life and that’s my stance, but frankly, the real reason I wouldn’t download (it isn’t money) is that the dvd will be out soon enough. I’ll get a chance to see the double feature on dvd and the two separate films at the cinemas. I couldn’t be screwed downloading some crappy internet version.

My view on viewing crappy internet versions of movies is that, if I want to see a movie badly and my choice is watching a crappy version of the movie now vs waiting 3-4 months to see the good version, I’ll go for the crap anytime! I couldn’t possibly wait that long, besides in 3-4 monthes I’ll get to see the movie in its full glory anyway so the crappy version will be like an apetizer. And no, the crappy version won’t ruin my enjoyment of watching it in cinema or on dvd.