"Fish don't play poker" - challenge/game

Sooooo… we’re gonna play a little game if you want to. I’m going to post here a title and a logline (actually its for one of my scripts) and you’re going to post a synopsis. Take it as a challenge if you must. I want to see if you get close to my ideea or not. Maybe in the end I will post my synopsis.

Hope this is going to be fun. :slight_smile:

Let’s start!

Title: Fish don’t play poker

Logline: A bet - anyone can rob a bank successfully. Anyone with “Attitude and Brains”. Or anyone “who can perfectly fake both”. Cat (the main character) can do that.

Three fish sit in a bar and have nothing to do but drink and talk nonsense. Then one of them takes out cards and says it would be a good idea to play some poker. The two other fish look at him and go: “Fish don’t play poker”. He says “oh, right” and returns to his coctail, but then someone from the bar asks if he can join the company and play poker, because he saw cards. They all turn at him and say: “Fish don’t play poker, stupid”.

(The tagline is just to draw audience)

Am I close?

There is a gang called “the fish”. They break people’s legs when they don’t pay their debts. Most of their customers are compulsive gamblers who “make stupid bets with bad people”. One day they go to collect from a guy and find that he is currently playing poker. While one of the “fish” is strictly business, the other wants to join the game. He joins the game and ironically loses a large sum of money to the guy he was supposed to collect from. After collecting from “the fish” who wasn’t a good poker player, he slides in an insult by saying “fish don’t play poker”, whereupon the “fish” kill him with a meat tenderizer.

Come on you guys… I was serious! There’s a logline not only a title.

The problem with me robbing a bank is that I would probably get away with it. If I got away with it, I would probably do it again. And so on and so forth. I would eventually be caught stealing a huge amount of money that would land me in the slammer for the rest of my life. The same reason I never snorted coke.

[quote=“NoOne”]
Come on you guys… I was serious! There’s a logline not only a title.
[/quote]

You can be as serious as you want, I don’t think anybody would like to spend their time drawing up an idea based on some guy’s logline, where the only reward would be getting close. Don’t take this as an offense, but … where’s the fun?

Maybe this guy is fishing for ideas.

Haha, a great challenge - “who can come up with the best idea I could later use”.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
Maybe this guy is fishing for ideas.
[/quote]

And the pun makes it even more shameless.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Haha, a great challenge - “who can come up with the best idea I could later use”.
[/quote]

Bleach got a point there. You can’t just tell us your basic plot and let us write your script. A script is something personal, if we write it for you, it won’t be yours.

You’re here at the screenwrting section, then post your ideas and we’ll comment them. But we can’t find them for you ! Won’t be fair, won’t help you.

And if you want people to take you seriously, don’t say it’s a “game/challenge” cause it ain’t serious :-X

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
And if you want people to take you seriously, don’t say it’s a “game/challenge” cause it ain’t serious :-X
[/quote]

Haha perfect! In a nutshell.

To quote the great Mean Joe Green, “Welcome to the NFL”