Films You Just Cannot Bring Yourself To Watch

[quote=“Contrai”]
I mentioned i don’t like arthouse, so of course i don’t watch WKW.

And yes, i’m serious.

And have no problems finding enough good movies outta this limitation.

It’s not so strict.
[/quote]

whatever…no french films, no WKW, no arthouse, no German, no swordplay!!! you could go one small step further and just say "i cannot bring myself to watch any films whatsoever!"

with such a strict criteria, no wonder i hardly ever see you say good things about films.

ill watch pretty much anything lol (except teen comedies)

[quote=“Thousand Eyes”]
well not liking arthouse thats no crime…
[/quote]

not liking arthouse isnt a crime, but it is such a broad area of film and not giving art films a chance should be a crime…

it is different with particular areas that are always the same, like Chambara (i love Chambara!!!) or teen comedies

hey, it’s MY list

and whats strict with that ? i excluded 3 countries, arthouse and some not so frequent subgenres

you wont watch french movies? how about Italian? How can you not watch ALL french movies? :stuck_out_tongue:

not being able to watch french movies, thats gotta be a sin of some sort

I swear the French make some of the best comedies ever…that said I cant bring myself to watch any European dramas- there just so…well…depresing!

[quote=“Jot”]
I swear the French make some of the best comedies ever… [/quote]

But also some of the worst ones. :wink:

Truffaut comedies are the best ever made

[quote=“tarantino_is_god”]
you wont watch french movies? how about Italian? How can you not watch ALL french movies? :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

I watch italian; otherwise i couldn’t see spaghetti western, giallo and poliziottos.

And i’ve seen some french movies, for example Nikita, Taxi, The Nest. The exception proves the rule.

Same with german movies, I’ve seen a handful, also some good ones. But i could watch german movies 24/7 and i don’t do that, coz i don’t like them. Mostly they are theatre - movies, same with french. I wanna motion and emotion, not inelastic dialogue.

@angel:

I’m better in criticizing. But when i see a good movie, i talk good about that.

Okay:

First of all - 2001: A Space Oddysey. I really admire Kubrick’s works, I love Lolita and Clockwork but I’ve watched this film like 3 times and only the beginning. I just can’t watch it, if I was my own father I’d beat me up just so I sit down and watch the goddamn film already.

So I hate American Comedies (Austin Powers stuff and so on) and I can’t watch stuff like Transporter. I can’t watch american cop comedies. I can’t watch films about dogs who play baseball. I can’t watch hockey comedies. I can’t watch Titanic.

Oy, yeah. Zorro is in theatres, I can’t stand that stuff.

[quote=“Contrai”]
I watch italian; otherwise i couldn’t see spaghetti western, giallo and poliziottos.

And i’ve seen some french movies, for example Nikita, Taxi, The Nest. The exception proves the rule.

Same with german movies, I’ve seen a handful, also some good ones. But i could watch german movies 24/7 and i don’t do that, coz i don’t like them. Mostly they are theatre - movies, same with french. I wanna motion and emotion, not inelastic dialogue.

@angel:

I’m better in criticizing. But when i see a good movie, i talk good about that.ÂÂ
[/quote]

well, each to his own. If you give it a chance and go and see some i dont blame you lol it just seemed like a really strict list

Though i wouldnt have thought you were one that doesnt like to watch swordplay. that surprised me

The nest… that films makes me laugh… :smiley:

Star Wars Episode 3…

The Bonfire Of Vanities

Suicide Kings

Django

[quote=“Bad Max”]
Star Wars Episode 3…     ÂÂ
[/quote]

What? Dude, it’s way better than the other films, believe me. You can’t let the other somewhat shitty films put you off of watching this film. Revenge Of The Sith kicks serious arse. It comes 3rd on my list after EMPIRE and JEDI. The film had so many moments where the hairs on my neck and on my arse stood up. Some poor performances, weak dialogue (though not as week as the other prequels) but Lucas really pulled it off. I suggest you strap yourself down, and make yourself watch it. I loved it.

Battles Without Honor & Humanity, i bought this thing like 8 months ago and for some reason i cant bring myself to watch it, no idea why

Wild Things, again no idea why, even though it has an orgy with denise richards in it i just refuse to watch it

Chinatown, yeah i know im missing out on one of the greatest films of all time.

“Films for the whole family”. And Chuck Norris films.

[quote=“Ify”]
What? Dude, it’s way better than the other films, believe me. You can’t let the other somewhat shitty films put you off of watching this film. Revenge Of The Sith kicks serious arse. It comes 3rd on my list after EMPIRE and JEDI. The film had so many moments where the hairs on my neck and on my arse stood up. Some poor performances, weak dialogue (though not as week as the other prequels) but Lucas really pulled it off. I suggest you strap yourself down, and make yourself watch it. I loved it.
[/quote]

you like it better than A New Hope? it comes in fourth for me, i love it aswell, love it, Lucas learned from the failure of the prevous two prequals, this one is brilliant

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
you like it better than A New Hope? it comes in fourth for me, i love it aswell, love it, Lucas learned from the failure of the prevous two prequals, this one is brilliant
[/quote]

I thought you were not a big fan of Lucas’s star wars…

i once wasnt, now im a huge one, even though i think Empire comes in first, then New Hope, Jedi, Revenge, Phantom and Attack

could be one of the best stories in cinema history

Oh no, the third part was a torture, the one where Darth Vader dies and takes off his mask. I have seen the episodes 3-6 and the 5th is definitely the best. First one’s good as well. But the third… I couldn’t stand the monsters, the furry bears, oh it was soo long and unnecessary. And the jokes are soo childish… Let’s face it - it ain’t that good, it ain’t.

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
i once wasnt, now im a huge one, even though i think Empire comes in first, then New Hope, Jedi, Revenge, Phantom and Attack

could be one of the best stories in cinema history
[/quote]

nice. have you re watched all your james bond movies?