Female tarantino fans

Excellent idea…after that he’ll tell me if he wears lady’s underwear!

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]
Cut one of his fingers, the little one…
[/quote]

hello, another female tarantino fan here!

the reason i love tarantino so much, is that he nearly always places women in the driving seat of his films (and literally so, in death proof- hahaha)

anyways, im a film lover but sometimes i get a little sick of the ways in which women are portrayed in films- theyre mostly just the Sexy thing to look at, and/or the love interest to the male lead…which, when youre a woman, can get a bit boring.

but tarantinos female characters are always strong, interesting characters, which is always refreshing.

Yes, QT makes his ladies real characters, not just eye candy.

[quote=“sonia_tarantino”]

*And now! the 64,000 $ question: WHICH ONE WOULD YOU PREFER?

IS it a) working on a screenplay with Quentin?

maybe b) starring in a movie made by Quentin?

orrr… c) being his boy/girl and makeing sweet love to Quentin?

…all three if possible 8) 8) 8)
[/quote]

i gotta disagree with you girls here- id love to meet qt and geek out with him about music and film and stuff, but i wouldnt do him.

mostly cos i think he’s gay. i mean come on- the obsession with popular culture? and the strong, kick-ass women?

gotta be gay.

Kate: I think it has alot to do with that he was raised by his single mom. I dont think QT is gay, he just respects/loves/identifies with women more than guys.

What does an obsession with popular culture have to do with being gay?

[quote=“Scarface”]
What does an obsession with popular culture have to do with being gay?
[/quote]
nothing on its own…but alot of gay guys i know are into trashy old films and stuff.

its just what i think. :slight_smile:

[quote=“katekamikaze”]
nothing on its own…but alot of gay guys i know are into trashy old films and stuff.

its just what i think. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

exposed

Silly goose! This site is Fah-buh- lusssss

[quote=“Biohazard”]
exposed

Silly goose! This site is Fah-buh- lusssss
[/quote]

you forgot: daaahlinnng! :wink:

and the hand movements which I don’t know what to call…

Strong kickass women? What does that have to do with being gay?

Yeah, all the women he’s with constantly, he’s definitely gay.

I’m a chick! I love Tarantino! But, I don’t really like anything that normal chicks like anyway. I’m like the alter-ego of QT. He’s a guy that likes to hang out with girls most the time, and I’m a girl, that hangs out with guys all the time. I act like a guy I guess, and I dress like a guy, but I’m totally not a lesbian. I’m straight. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I’d seen Reservoir Dogs when I was young and really liked it. Then I saw Pulp Fiction with my Aunt and Uncle in '94, and I was blown away! It was the most incredible thing I’d ever seen. Been pretty much addicted since then. I’m the same way with Quentin as Quentin was with De Palma in the 80’s.

hi there, I’m a tarantino fan since i watched pulp fiction, i couldn’t believe someone could write something so clear and raw at the same time.

The man is just brilliant, plus he use us(woman) as heroines and give them a non political correct guy’s way of speaking, is like a nice homage.

Or at least is the way I take it.

:slight_smile:

Wahey great to see more girls joining up :slight_smile:

Some girl made this video and posted it on the QT Archives myspace page. Yet another female Tarantino fan - ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXQMjCfwCIo

I wasnt listening to her, just staring at her rack!! :o

She’s a brave lass. I commend her!

I am female, and I have been obsessed ever since I saw PF in the theater. Jackie Brown blew is one of my favorites. I love how Quentin is not afraid of powerful women!

[quote=“eazye”]
I am female, and I have been obsessed ever since I saw PF in the theater. Jackie Brown blew is one of my favorites. I love how Quentin is not afraid of powerful women!
[/quote]

Quentin empowers and enables women in his flicks. Even in Death Proof, he didn’t portray the women as too awfully tacky or slutty, they were just chicks. I love him for that.

It is good to come here and meet fellow GENUINE female tarantino fans. Girls can be so fickle when it comes to music and movies.

I’ve had experiences with a lot of my friends who never watched a Tarantino film in their life and would roll their eyes whenever I’d mention them. Then, their new boyfriend would be a Tarantino fan and - what a surprise - all of a sudden they loved his movies too and always had done!

But as soon as the guys out of the picture they couldn’t give a shit about QTs movies.