Favourite Epic

mine has to be Heavens Gate just saw it two nights ago and I was blown away

Apocalypse Now Redux

The Thin Red Line

Heat

Once Upon a Time in America!

The Deer Hunter

favorite long movie? lol ok

well, in my eyes, one of the rules of a great movie is that it’s long, i fucking love long movies, i think every true filmgeek does, i could easilly sit through a 6 hour (or longer) movie, if it’s enjoyable, definitly, i’m a sucker for epics, i really love films that never seem to end

(all restored re-releases)

Once Upon a Time in America

Spartacus

Ben-Hur

La Miglio Giuventu

Lawrence of Arabia

Dr. Zhivago

Apocalypse Now Redux

Il Gattopardo

Shogun

The Longest Day

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
favorite long movie? lol ok

well, in my eyes, one of the rules of a great movie is that it’s long, i fucking love long movies, i think every true filmgeek does, i could easilly sit through a 6 hour (or longer) movie, if it’s enjoyable, definitly, i’m a sucker for epics, i really love films that never seem to end
[/quote]

Yeah, exactly, 3 hours or more is a good sign already, enjoyable epics are THE BEST. It’s a weird feeling when you’re close to the end and remember a scene from beginning which seems like years ago.

6 hours would be okay at home, I don’t think I could stand it in the theatre. Inglorious Bastards script is for six hours, I want it divided, but not Kill Bill way, with end titles for each volume. It ends, and that’s it, “end of part 1” on a black screen, you leave the theatre and wait for the next one.

Edit: Dr. Zhivago is somehow annoying, I don’t like David Lean, also I was cooled down in the beginning with some romantic music and flowers and some old fella around 89 smiling and slowly telling that you’re bout to see an epic masterpiece blah blah, nobody needs corny intros.

Yeah and I hate the communist revolution, I can’t watch them as sufferers.

Definitely Seven Samurai: I saw it at a movie theatre, and around 190 minutes I started feeling really depressed because I knew the film was gonna end soon. Never had such feeling before. I could’ve easily sat there for a few more hours.

Other long (+ 180 min) movies I love:

Apocalypse Now: Redux

Lawrence of Arabia

The Godfather: Part 2

Das Boot

Dances With Wolves

[quote=“Vlad”]
Once Upon a Time in America!
[/quote]

Definately one of the best movies and so of course long movies I have ever seen. Maybe THE best?!

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]

Spartacus

Ben-Hur

Lawrence of Arabia

Apocalypse Now Redux
[/quote]

Nice. And I would like to add the Great Escape

I should have called this Favorite Epic, how dumb of me LOL

Also like to add Das Boots, one of the best out there!

i finally got around to seeing lawrence of arabia and that is no doubtly the greatest Epic ever made in the history of film.

oh and so is once upon a time in america.

Kill Bill is my favorite long movie ever!

Best 4 hour movie ever made!

Apocalypse Now, redux or not, it’s still long and still the best.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

THE GODFATHER I & II

…THE BEST

Deer Hunter

To name a few more:

The Great Escape;

Dr. Zhivago;

Godfather;

Once Upon a Time in America;

Barry Lyndon;

Lawrence of Arabia;

Aviator;

Kill Bill, no questions asked, if taken as one film.

Couldn’t remember any more.

Edit: Haha, damn, I already posted once. But just one film.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Edit: Dr. Zhivago is somehow annoying, I don’t like David Lean, also I was cooled down in the beginning with some romantic music and flowers and some old fella around 89 smiling and slowly telling that you’re bout to see an epic masterpiece blah blah, nobody needs corny intros.
[/quote]

Hahahahahha, that was before I REALLY saw it, full time, now it's one of my favourites, WAY better than Lawrence in my opinion. It's an awesome film. Plain awesome.

Haha and that guy was Omar Shariff, he was great. Still, the intro sucks, big time. Looks like one of those romantic music collection ads on Eurosport.

Dr. Zhivago is a remarkable classic and is surely one of the top ten epics.

what about the worst epics?

1. Waterworld $$$ :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
  2. Cleopatra
  3. Gone with the Wind…“frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” - if he had said that two hours earlier the fucking movie would have been over and we wouldn’t have wasted another two hours watching that shitty movie.

Kill Bill

Once Upon a Time in the West

The Aviator

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Giu La Testa

Spartacus

Gone With the Wind

The Godfather 1-3

Moter Car Gana hashier… made in malay… any boi see it? ??? ;D :’( :laugh: