Favorite Shots

I know this thread has been done, but 1. I can’t find it and 2. my thread is better.

What are some of your favorite shots in the movie? I’m not talking about entire scenes, but, say, single short shots, expressions on someones face, a single quote or shit like that.

-The very first scene, fucking incredible. When you hear Bill taking the gun out and her expression changes, you really understand what good acting is. Having the first scene of a movie be a beautiful beat up scared shitless face is just perfect.

-When Boss Matsumoto takes the sword out of it’s sheat and goes, “ooOOOOooo”… gosh, that was funny.

-The shot of O-Ren on the building with the sniper rifle. It looked like someone was looking through a sniper scope looking through another sniper scope. It looked really really cool.

If this thread is too repetive, delete it.

When she says “Let’s get these other piggies wiggling”, thought her facial expression when she said that line was great.

I like the part right after O-ren slices off Boss Tanaka’s head, and she’s still posed with her sword in the air. That part’s great. I think someone has it as their signature here… i know I saw it somewhere.

when the bride is at the HoBL and she is standing there and all the crazy 88’s come running in. they show her eyes look in the direction from where they are running in.

i also liked the expression of hattori hanzo’s face when the bride tells him she needs japanese/hanzo steel. (i forget what she exactly asks for)

and of course the beggining where she is all bruised and battered…that totally set the tone for the movie for me.

My favorite shots:

• The B&W shot of The Bride at the beginning
  • shot of Elle Driver looking at The Bride
  • The shot looking out from the hole in that Mexican guys head (Anime sequence)
  • The overhead shot (gods eye view) in Vernitas kitchen.
  • The slo mo shot of Buck discovering dead truckers body.
  • shot of Hattori Hanzo removing the Hanzo sword from its sheath
  • shot of Hanzo talking to Bride
  • shot of Lucy holding Boss Tanaka’s head/shot of Boss’ neck squirting blood
  • shot of ORen in the limo driving to HOBL
  • the shot of The Bride popping the Crazy 88s eye out
  • the shot of GoGos legs walking down stairs/GoGo ball falling on floor (THUNK)
  • the shot of ORen throwing dart out past Umas nose.
  • shot of Bride slicing Sofies arm off
  • the shot of Johnny Mo (YAHHHH!) The Crazy 88s running into the main room (WHOOOSH!)
  • the shot of ORen and Crazy 88s walking into the HOBL
  • the long tracking shot of Bride walking thru HOBL
  • the shot of that waterpump (CLACK…CLACK…)
  • the shot of Oren with the top of her head off
  • The shot of Bride talking to Sofie (trunk shot)
  • Anything during the HOBL fight is awesome.

Theres lots more but those are most of my favorites.

Oh yeah, how can I forget the adrenaline pumping Shaw Bros zoom/Vengeance theme/spaghetti western flashback shots!

Some people complain that the story is stupid in KB. It is arguably simple but that dosen’t matter. This movie is so excellent because of a great director and a not quite as good script. The script is great, but Kill Bill is made up of a nearly endless supply of cool little shots that were discussing here. Add all of these shots together and you get a very very entertaining movie, which is what Quentin was probably going for.

Yeah, everything that Hattori Hanzo says is soooo great. That whole scene is fucking hilarious. I think someone mentioned this but I like the bride’s expressions during this scene. She thinks everything is hilarious but is trying to play it like she dosen’t know Japanese.

The shot that starts with the band follows the bride into the stall follows some chic out of the bathroom follows charlie brown up the stairs follows sofie fatale down the stairs and into the bathroom all while performing camera acrobatics. that’s like fuckin’ touch of evil and shit.

I love nearly everything in this movie, however if I had to pick a favorite shot, it’d be:

The one where Cranewhite Lightning plays and the camera does a crab on Johnny Mo. I just love his stance and the angle and the look on his face!

Great topic!

• The El Paso sherrif and father of son # 1 is pure brilliant as an extremely believable old Texan (I travel there a lot and the similarity is remarkable). I love his lazy speech and look when he asks, “Who’s the bride?”

• Darrell Hannah’s repulsed look as she says, “Fact of the matter is I dispise you.”

• Uma’s facial expression when she hears the foot steps of the orderly in the hospital as she’s washing the blood off her face.

• Uma’s rad-ass look as she grabs the trucker’s hunting knife and is prepared to fight.

• After O’ Ren, as an 11-year old, gets her revenge by stabbing the mob guy and his bodyguards break down the door and she turns her head slowly, I swear she looks just like Bjork!

*Go-Go’s facial expression of disbelief when her own chain and ball rebounds and crashes her onto the table. It’s such a narcissistic look like “I can’t believe that just happened.”

The split shot with El Driver and the Bride in a Coma. IT was very well done. The images were right with each other.

See a needle in one frame, the iv is shown in the other. Show only Uma’s left eye on a close up of Driver (eyepatch).

Etc.

Really well done

God there were so many… one thing that pops 2 my head and I don’t think was mentioned is when we see the bride in the beginning through Michael Parks’s sun glasses and then when he takes them of she’s in full color again… that was so cool… 8) plus I think in general the whole camera movement in the movie is done so stylistically it’s just amazing… oh and another thing is the shot of Go Go ,just after O-ren slices that yakuza guy’s head off, with this little Grin on her face…

I just cant get it out of my head… :slight_smile: I better stop now coz there just so fucking many

The whole goddamn movie is a masterpiece, but there are certain scenes that brought a tear to my eye because of it’s tremendous amount of coolness.

• The whole beginning takes the prize for best opening in film history.

-Any scene with Bill. Some of his scenes reminded me of Inspector Gadget, ya know, with Dr.Claw, where as you only see his arm. That kicked ass.

• The revenge/rememberance scenes; everytime The Bride see’s one of her old “friends” that kick ass music blasts and we see a wicked closeup/flashback sequence. Vernita’s in particular is the coolest.

• Anything with Elle Driver kicks motherfuckn ass. Her whole scene is fuckn amazing, and her little bit at the end “She must suffer to her last breath.” is ridiculously cool.

• O-Ren’s origin story. Right from the beginning where The Bride’s narrating and were in the flashback scene and all the DiVAS are looking down at the bride and the camera slowly paces on O-Ren and then her STATS come on screen. Then the animation. That fuckn scene rules!

• The whole Green Hornet scene; right upto the scene where O-Ren and her crew are walking through the club with the kick ass Kill Bill theme blaring.

• Any scene with that hilarious japanese dude with funny hair. When he and like two other dudes are running down the stairs toward The Bride they’re all screaming “YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAA” hahah I laughed so hard at that.

-O-Ren Vs. The Bride is one of the coolest scenes in movie history. It was so fuckn realistic. It reminded me of the Bushido Blade video game, cuz of how realistic that shit was. Like one hit and you’d be dead, so you had to be like super cautious n shit. That was awesome.

-The whole epilogue/climax/“to be continued” thing was by far the best movie ENDING I’ve ever seen. The dialogue was so fuckn cool. Bill’s dialogue kicked ass…and seeing Budd say those brilliant lines “That woman deserves her revenge, and, we deserve to die.” Is what brought a tear to my eye.

Kill Bill is the greatest movie ever made. 8)

[quote]   God there were so many… one thing that pops 2 my head and I don’t think was mentioned is when we see the bride in the beginning through Michael Parks’s sun glasses and then when he takes them of  she’s in full color again…  that was so cool… 8) plus I think in general the whole camera movement in the movie is done so stylistically it’s just amazing…  oh and another thing is the shot of  Go Go ,just after O-ren slices that yakuza guy’s head off, with this little Grin on her face…

I just cant get it out of my head… :slight_smile: I better stop now coz there just so fucking many  ÂÂ
[/quote]

Yeah man! The second time I saw it, some people behind me made disgusted noises when they saw the bride through the green glasses. It looked like she was dead and rotting. Also, Gogo’s little grin is excellent. Jeez, I can’t wait for vol. 2.

I thought the blue screen was magnificent when the bride was fighting the gang in the upper room.

Also, O-Ren’s costume against the snow in the garden.

;D

My absolutely favorite shot (not favorite part of the movie, just best cinematography) was when “Charlie Brown” gets the orders, and goes to the back, where the camera goes over the room seperation and into the bathroom.

If you notice, there are no cuts, its one, giant scene. Great, great scene. It also helps introduce Ms. Fatale to Mr. Hanzo, if you get my drift. :wink:

My three favorite are:

The coolest fucking V.O. by Dave Carrodine.

How Sofie rolls around on the ground and blood spitting out.

How THE BRIDE opens the doors to the snow covered stone garden.

PULP DOG

[quote] I thought the blue screen was magnificent when the bride was fighting the gang in the upper room.

Also, O-Ren’s costume against the snow in the garden.

;D[/quote]
i can’t believe i forgot about that scene! i remember turning to my friend and being all “OMG thats so frickin cool” in the theater. yeh…i liked it. i really need to go watch it again.

when the camera moves down to bucks feet, and the you can see the bride, with the knive.

while this kick ass music is playing.

fucking great