ZOMBIE

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

DAY OF THE DEAD

HOSTEL & HOSTEL PART II

SAW

TENEBRE

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3

FRIDAY THE 13TH:THE FINAL CHAPTER

Great List Z. FRIDAY THE 13TH:THE FINAL CHAPTER was actually the only one out of the series to put a scare in to me well part 2 did too, but theres something about the way FRIDAY THE 13TH:THE FINAL CHAPTER carries himself while playing jason. The running, he moved so quick in that one made him original and more threatening as a killer.

I’ma sound like a real pussy, but, the one that scared me real bad was Nightmare on Elm Street. I saw it when I was too young, and I couldn’t go to sleep, or even take a bath peacefully for years. I’m talking like three or four years.

So that HAS to be my favourite, because it really scared me… And that’s what horror should be.

Everytime I watch a horror movie now, I want to be scared like that again, but I’m just too old.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I couldn’t take a bath peacefully for years. I’m talking like three or four years.[/quote]

Dude, you must have been really smelly! (Just playin’, I couldn’t resist!) :wink:

My favourite scary movie, or possibly even just one of my favourite movies in general is The Shining. Mainly because of the memories I have of seeing it for the first time when I was a kid. Man, it scared the bejesus out of me. My mum was a huge horror movie fan, especially zombie movies so she let me watch all kinds of crazy shit when I was young. The Shining was the first movie I saw that was actually psychologically scary as opposed to just visually.

BTW - my mum told me I could watch any scary movies I wanted except for The Exorcist and The Evil Dead. These were totally out of bounds so I had really built them up in my mind over the years as being totally off the wall. I was so disappointed to find they are actually laugh-out-loud funny. Can’t believe my mum deemed chainsaw massacres and DOTD suitable for me to watch but the exorcist and the evil dead as too scary!

Ha ha. :-</E>

I loved The Shining. I saw it when it first came on the telly when I was 4. I had a fever of over 102, and I got to sit in my dad’s recliner, bundled up all by myself to watch it. It was GREAT! I wasn’t very scared of it at all. Made a huge impact on me though. I never have looked at lift doors the same.

The first Evil Dead is pretty bloody scary for being so low budget and cheesy. It’s the only movie I’ve found so far that scared my kid so bad that she couldn’t finish it. But she LOVES Army of Darkness, seriously, go figure.

I always find it interesting when they mix quality filmmaking with horror. I mean, why should a horror film not also be a good film? I guess because the state of being horrified itself is rather a spectacle, than proper story telling, but I think there are films that balance the two beautiful. The Shining, The Exorcist… Damn can’t come up with any more right now, but to be honest, I don’t think there’s too many of them anyway ::slight_smile: