Favorite Horror Movies

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
The Others (on BBC2 tonight) fucking brilliant in my book, the genre of horror that scares me the most are ghost stories, fuck ghosts :’( you could show me the goriest of the gore, sickest of the sick, i’m not botherd, at all, but ghosts scare the guts out of me, The Others shows this is a great and wonderfull way, i love it
[/quote] I agree, that film is magic!

[quote=“Bleach”]
Oh my god, I can’t believe it, this is too close to my current list which goes like this (sorted by horroriness (and that’s not a word) - how scared I was when I watched for the first time):

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  2. Blair Witch Project
  3. Psycho
  4. Rosemary’s Baby
  5. Night of The Living Dead (Romero)
  6. (Les Diaboliques)

And here it stops. I just wasn’t scared watching other horror films, though I haven’t seen all of your top 10, but judging from our extremely similar lists I know I will. SOON.

Edit: Ah, yes, Diaboliques in brackets because it kinda scared me, but I wouldn’t say it’s a horror film. More like very exciting mystery.
    [/quote]

Aaah, that is just great, man. It’s always nice to know someone with the same taste in movies as myself.

Hmm, do you have any movies you can recommend me?

Heh, not really, I haven’t seen much horror, you seem to know more. Have you seen Polanski’s The Tenant? I like it even more than Rosemary’s Baby, though it’s not quite that scary.

Rosemary’s Baby is such a milestone in horror, it scares me more than any monster or villain

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIS EYES??!!!" “He has his fathers eyes” and then NOT EVEN SHOWING IT is such a brilliant brilliant move, her reaction to it says it all, i don’t care what you’re name is, you’ll always feel like Rosemary in that film, all alone, it’s so simple and so twisted

GOD IS DEAD, SATAN LIVES!

Also all the old people so seemingly nice and all, and their so cozy apartment with a picture of a burning mansion on the wall, sick.

Did you know that Rosemary’s Baby was filmed in the same building John Lennon was killed? John Lennon was killed in a building where a Roman Polanski movie was filmed… Roman Polansi’s wife was killed by Charles Manson in the late 60’s… who claims was influenced by the song “Helter Skelter” by The Beatles, whom John Lennon was part of. Pretty scary connection.

That’s a bit creepy.

Whoa… I only knew that Lennon’s murderer was infuenced by The Catcher In The Rye, my favourite book ever.

[quote=“Bleach”]
Heh, not really, I haven’t seen much horror, you seem to know more. Have you seen Polanski’s The Tenant? I like it even more than Rosemary’s Baby, though it’s not quite that scary.
[/quote]

No, I haven’t. I haven’t seen much from Polinski at all, only the Pianist, Rosemary’s Baby and The Ninth Gate. I will check it out as soon a possible, thank you 8)

I watched the excorsism of emily rose on friday night, I was too scared to go to the toilet after it! lol!

My friend left the cinema when she went to see it to go to the bathroom… When she got back she opened the door, saw something scary and closed the door again :stuck_out_tongue: I dont know if she went in again…

I’ll only see that movie in daylight and with a bunch of friends :stuck_out_tongue:

There is this small video store near that has Cannibal Holocaust - but only on VHS. I don’t have a VCR, but I want to see this movie. Is it a rare movie?

I think Cannibal Holocaust was banned at some time, I may be mistaken though.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
There is this small video store near that has Cannibal Holocaust - but only on VHS. I don’t have a VCR, but I want to see this movie. Is it a rare movie?
[/quote]

I don’t know about America, but here it isn’t… I bought my DVD at a normal DVD-store.

[quote=“MissMia”]
I think Cannibal Holocaust was banned at some time, I may be mistaken though.
[/quote]

It still is in a lot of country’s.

IMDb trivia: This movie has gained the title of the most notorious movie of all-time, holding the world record for the movie banned in the most countries (in almost 60 countries).

There is a sequel coming out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483583/

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the best horror movie ever made for so many reasons- one of the first to have a female survivor, no comic relief what so ever, and doesnt really have a “happy” ending, unlike a lot of modern horror movies that seem to have a positive resolution. Also it created a classic movie monster, and spawned an absolute army of copycats.

also kind of based on true story making even more scarier

I love The Texas Chainsaw Masscare too, i like the remake though just as much as the original ;D

[quote=“Becky”]
I love The Texas Chainsaw Masscare too, i like the remake though just as much as the original ;D
[/quote]
WHAT? It was okay I guess but nothing even close the original

it made me jump ! lol ;D

i dont know why but it scared me more than the original! so i was more drawn into it and liked it as much! although the first one was absolutley awsome, dont get me wrong! :wink:

;D

Speaking of horror remakes, One of the greatest horrors ever i think is “The Wicker Man”. the sight of Christopher Lee in a wig and dress at the end, really disturbed me, and the shot of the wicker man itself as the camera goes over the hill is just sooo stupidly freaky, fantastic British horror, that unfortunately i hear is having a remake, shame on that man.