The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Euro 2008

We miss you zizouuuuuuuuuuuuuu :-[

Tu lances un topic qui va mourir dans une semaine parce qu’on va se prendre une deuxième rouste contre les Italiens et bye bye les quart de finale…

Plus sérieusement, le match contre les Pays-Bas était vraiment bien : on a eu plus d’occasions de but qu’eux, un pénaltie non accordé, or eux ils ont marqué tous les tirs au but qu’ils avaient tenté ! Ils ont certainement la meilleure attaque de cet euro. Par contre, nous faudrait sérieusement que Domenech arrête sa stratégie d’isoler Henry à l’attaque tout seul : cette combinaison ne marche pas !!

pas sûr la rouste non? les italiens sont pas au mieux en ce moment…

par contre les pays bas ils ont mis la misère au groupe C ça c’est sûr. Y a plus qu’à espérer qu’ils vont battre la Roumanie, mais franchement maintenant qu’ils sont sûr d’être qualifiés, ils vont sûrement mettre les bons joueurs sur la touche, et ils risquent de rien foutre contre la Roumanie --> ciao Francia.

Oh la la! the Dutch kicked some mean ass!! :angel:

Ahah ! I so wanted you to post in here, ahaha. Great job, we can sure say that the Dutch are the best !!

A propos de l’Italie, je pense que ça va être tendu parce que 1) les Italiens ont grave perdus contre les Hollandais et match nul avec la Roumanie donc ils vont être super excités pour conserver leur place en quart, 2) ils vont avoir les boules que nous, on soit super excités et remontés pour gagners suite à la finale de la Coupe du monde, 3) ils ont pas dû nous pardonner le coup de boule !!

Because the National team I usually support let the whole nation down by not even qualifying for Euro 2008, I decided to support Holland and Spain seen as they have the most numbers of Real Madrid players (who I support) and because I like their way of playing. So far, both teams have played the best football in the tournament.

Sneijder, Robben and Nistelrooy have been on form and completely ripped up France yesterday. Henry was so smug after he scored his goal, only for Robben to score a spectacular goal just a few seconds later, that soon shut Henry up, haha. And before Sneijder scored, I knew he would shoot from there and that he’d score, I just didn’t want to say it because then it wouldn’t have happened (yeah, I know). They also brushed aside the World Champions and because of that, I feel they deserve to make it through at least to the semi-finals. Shame Cannavaro is injured though, maybe things would have been different for Italy.

Spain were outstanding too. David Villa scoring a hattrick, both him and Torres owned the Russian defence. Props to Casillas and Ramos who will get better as the tournament progresses.

For me:

Best teams so far - Holland and Spain

Biggest positive surprise - Romania

Biggest diappointment - France

Best players - Villa (Spain), Sneijder (Holland)

Other worthy mentions - Ribery (France), Robben (Holland), Torres (Spain), Nistelrooy (Spain)

Best goals - Robben and Sneijder against France

Best save - Buffon penalty save

I think it might be Portugal v Holland in the final.

Yeah, it’s really susprising from England not be even qualified !

Best teams so far - Holland and Spain too (special mention to Portugal too)

Best positive surprise - Sweden (Romania hasn’t got a good game, really, they’re slow, not good at attack or defence).

Biggest disappointment - Italy

And I do agree with the rest too, best players, worthy mentions, best goals (damn, they were really good) and best saves too.

façon ils m’ont saoulé l’équipe de France, y a que Ribéry qui joue! (c’est normal on l’a formé héhéhé)

mais pour l’Italie, il faudrait qu’on se venge, la finale de 2006, elle était à nous. >:(

Ca va être la folie !! J’espère qu’on va perdre la tête deux fois … Quoique y a plus de risque sans Zidane. Même si Makele est très en forme en ce moment !

Btw who else watches the Euro ? - except the three of us and included Tim too who can’t post a lot

Ify, did you watch the match with Spain today ? Btw Villa is now the best striker, you must be happy.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Ify, did you watch the match with Spain today ? Btw Villa is now the best striker, you must be happy.
[/quote]

Yes, I watched it. They weren’t as impressive as they were against Russia, but then again Sweden are a different team. And yeah, Villa has scored 4 now and may finish top scorer. I hope he transfers to Real Madrid during the summer, he did say he would welcome the move.

It’s almost like a storm against Russia, they were so impressive indeed. Part of my fav game for now with France-Netherlands too. Even if we lost, it was a very interesting game.

What’s the next game you’re waiting for ? I of course wait for France-Italy and can’t wait to know who’s the next team playing against the Dutch (after Romania of course).

Yeah, France-Italy should be interesting. France will be looking for revenge. Shame Zizou isn’t around anymore :’(

the ones who answered this topic are the ones I thought who answered this topic ;D

(my sentence is strange… not sure it’s correct english =-X)

Ify, please, tell me you also think that the referees were AWFUL. That game, France-Italy was the worst ever. First Ribery off after 7 mins, then that penalty, which shouldn’t had been cause Abidal didn’t touch him, then the red card to Abidal. The referee gave what around 10 yellow cards ?? Most of the free kicks were awarded for the italian and almost none to us. Gallas was hurt too, and could barely play.

I can’t say anything else… It was just painful to watch.

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
Ify, please, tell me you also think that the referees were AWFUL. That game, France-Italy was the worst ever. First Ribery off after 7 mins, then that penalty, which shouldn’t had been cause Abidal didn’t touch him, then the red card to Abidal. The referee gave what around 10 yellow cards ?? Most of the free kicks were awarded for the italian and almost none to us. Gallas was hurt too, and could barely play.

[/quote]

Could never tell you’re French! :wink:

I was flicking back and forth from both games. Man, the chances Holland missed in the second half! They’re lookin’ good.

What about the Turkey game last night!? Czech Republic will be feeling shit!

Turkey played an AWESOME match, one of the best of this competition with France-Netherlands too. I’ll bet everything on the Netherlands now. Turkey is real positive surprise, I had almost a secret dream during the game against Italy that we could end the match as they did, ahah.

The game, Netherlands-Romania will be played again on the cable here cause of course everybody was focused on the other. I’ll watch it then cause I saw the two goals and some other opportunities, seems like a very interesting game too.

[quote=“FoxForceFive”]
Could never tell you’re French! :wink:
[/quote]

I guess my English isn’t that bad then :stuck_out_tongue: But then again I should be more patriotic maybe, and claim more often that I’m French.

Vive la France ! A mort l’Euro !

[quote=“cyber-lili”]

[/quote]

Although it seemed like a harsh decision, if the referee thought the foul warranted a penalty, he had no option but to award a red card too. From the slow motion replays it seemed like there wasn’t much contact, but seeing it in real time, it really was a silly challenge from Abidal, he was no where near the ball, and he definitely played a part in taking Toni down. I know Abidal was playing out of position, and that was a possible reason for his mistake there, but what he did was unfair and that is how the referee saw it too.

I realise how awful it must have been for you to watch. I mean France haven’t shown any brilliance at all and their Euro campaign has been very disappointing. A lot of people have said that their first game was the most boring football match ever.

To be honest, I wanted France to win only because I think Italy are overrated. They won the World Cup but in my opinion did not play the best football at all. I really do not like the Italian way of playing. But then again, France really should have done better. They knew that it was a must-win game, but they showed no passion at all until after half-time when Domenech must have had some strong words to say. But Italy’s second goal killed it for them. But what the hell was Henry doing? He just moved his left foot, but wasn’t convincing enough to show that he was trying to kick it away. It was definitely partly his fault. He showed some inexperience there. I was bummed out when Ribery got injured. It seemed really bad and I think he’s been the most consistently good player for France. I think their problem is that they lack a playmaker, someone who can connect the midfield and strikers. It’s unfortunate that the last person to fill that role was the greatest footballer of our generation, as it’s a tough role to fill. Also a shame that Viera couldn’t play.It really does seem like it’s the end of an era for France. They need to look to the younger generation (Ribery, Nasri) now and build a new team.

petite parenthèse…

l’arbitre, saaa raaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

• this match was the worst scenario for France since the election of Sarkozy (and all the thing he does) -

La France a perdu le match :stuck_out_tongue: