Erykah Badu

Anybody hear listen to Erykah Badu, i think she has a beautiful voice and the beats in her songs are really funky. What are some of her songs you like?

I enjoy: Apple Tree, Otherside Of The Game, Certainly, Rimshot, On & On, Ye Yo and Green Eyes. :slight_smile:

i only know her from Blues Brothers 2000 and a 10 second commercial i saw a few years ago.

Haven’t listened to any of her recent stuff, but “Next Lifetime” was one of my favorite songs of the 90s.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Haven’t listened to any of her recent stuff, but “Next Lifetime” was one of my favorite songs of the 90s.
[/quote]

Yeah, i like that song too. Actually that whole CD is good (Baduizm). I sampled New Amerykah, Pt. 1 (4th World War) on itunes and its really good! It has a nice hip hop feel to it.

I love Baduizm and have just bought her new album today.

I started to like her and know her with her featuring with The Roots.

Have you seen Block Party by Gondry ? She’s in it, and there’s a very funny part where we think she has a huge afro haircut but she suddently takes it off and it’s only a wig, and she has short hair. It can sound not that funny but it really is. I recommand you the docu anyway cause it’s a masterpiece.

I got her new album and its great!

Favorite songs: The Healer, Soldier, Telephone and the Bonus Track.