The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Enter the Dragon Remake

[size=100][color=red]Bruce Lee’s iconic 1973 martial arts movie Enter the Dragon is to be remade for a new audience, Hollywood studio Warner Bros has announced.

The film, renamed as Awaken the Dragon, will be about an FBI agent who investigates a Shaolin monk and underground kung fu fight clubs.

The remake will be written and directed by Kurt Sutter, who also produces the US hit police drama The Shield.[/size]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6951185.stm

[color=red]“I’m a huge noir fan, and this plot lends itself to the film I want to make,” Sutter said. "I wanted to set it in these underground fight clubs where the action is really raw and expose the brutality of Shaolin kung fu. This will be more ‘Raging Bull’ than ‘Crouching Tiger’ in its viciousness."

Sutter will look to discover a fight star in the role of the monk and cast an established American actor to play the FBI agent.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796 … id=13&cs=1”>http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117969988.html?categoryid=13&cs=1</LINK_TEXT>

So what do you guys think to this? My stance? If it ain’t broke, just fucking leave it!

This film is pointless, the story is not technically the same so why name it a remake. Nothing more than a cash in. They should not be fucking around with Buce Lee films anyway, the guys a legend.

Whos gonna play Bruce Lees part, Steven Segal? Van Dam?

Im not surprised they seem to be remaking alot of asian martial art movies.

I’m way past the point of caring…

I think the idiots who came up with this idea need to be kicked in their nuts.

Also, to make your debut film a remake of a great film loved by many starring a great actor who is loved by even more? Bad fucking idea.

He’s the guy on the left.

Kurt if youre listening. Dont do it man.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is fucking disrespectful!

[quote=“Ify”]
[size=100][color=red]Bruce Lee’s iconic 1973 martial arts movie Enter the Dragon is to be remade for a new audience, Hollywood studio Warner Bros has announced.

[/quote]

two words: BULL SHIT

they should spend some money on more talent instead of remaking stuff that’s timeless and classic. everyone can watch enter the dragon on dvd anytime and jerk off to it and love it, leave it be, warner morons

[quote=“Ify”]
Also, to make your debut film a remake of a great film loved by many starring a great actor who is loved by even more? Bad fucking idea.

He’s the guy on the left.
[/quote]
Thats Ed O’Neil and Katie Segal sweet. Well Zack Zynder’s first big movie was an Dawn Of The Dead remake but doing a Lee remake is something much bigger.