Does anyone here like Stevie Ray Vaughan?

?

i love it.

vaughn is/was a guitar god

yeh, I think Clapton spoke for all of us when he said he was “in the presence of greatness” when he saw SRV play live.

Im a huge SRV fan, he insipired me to play guitar and his music is really deep. If you guys like srv get into Eric Johnson and Andy Timmons, both from texas and inspired by srv.

My opinion changes alot, but I think SRV’s version of Little Wing is better than the original.

[quote=“j_c”]
My opinion changes alot, but I think SRV’s version of Little Wing is better than the original.
[/quote]

Heck i think srv’s version of voodoo chile is better than the original hendrix one. By no means im a huge hendrix fan,its just srv’s covers are better :wink:

God yeah, terrific music. Whats yous guyes favorite song? i personally cant deicide. Has anyone heard the Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughan live sessions, fucking amazing!

did you know that David Bowie discovered SRV? He offered SRV a pretty sweet contract to play with him and Stevie declined - at the time it seemed like a stupid decision, but now it doesn’t. That song lets dance features Stevie’s guitar playing on it. It has all of the cliche SRV licks - My friend knew SRV and told me that the guy never took a bath, rarely slept, and used enough cocaine to kill two elephants and a dinosaur - this guy lived to play the guitar - just before he died he became a born-again Christian and was telling his audiences that he never played better than he did sober - I agree. It is a shame that he died so shortly after finally finding some peace and happiness. Maybe it was for the best - there could have been a relapse.

[quote=“AMD1014”]
Heck i think srv’s version of voodoo chile is better than the original hendrix one. By no means im a huge hendrix fan,its just srv’s covers are better :wink:
[/quote]
his version of little wing is better too. He was an all-around better player. The big point to stress however is that Jimi was a pioneer in that sound - nobody had done what Jimi did - and SRV only refined it. The world of Rock and Roll owes an awful lot to Jimi - he was the man.

[quote=“AMD1014”]
Im a huge SRV fan, he insipired me to play guitar and his music is really deep. If you guys like srv get into Eric Johnson and Andy Timmons, both from texas and inspired by srv.
[/quote]
Eric Johnson licks balls. He is just like Satriani, Vai, and Malsteem - great guitarists who you can’t seem to listen to for more than two or three minutes at a time. It is too overbearing. The best part about SRV is that he could sing as well as kick the guitar in the ass - He was very entertaining.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
his version of little wing is better too. He was an all-around better player. The big point to stress however is that Jimi was a pioneer in that sound - nobody had done what Jimi did - and SRV only refined it. The world of Rock and Roll owes an awful lot to Jimi - he was the man.
[/quote]

No way jimi wins hands down with little wing, his version flows much more smoothley and is more lovley. ALthough stevie has some very impresive solos that last long, but jimi’s solo sounds more meanier and has more emotion. Same with voodoo chile, jimi has more emotion. :o

I like SRV but im a bigger Hendrix fan(im actually wearing a hendrix shirt!)

[quote=“FiveFingerDeath”]
No way jimi wins hands down with little wing, his version flows much more smoothley and is more lovley. ALthough stevie has some very impresive solos that last long, but jimi’s solo sounds more meanier and has more emotion. Same with voodoo chile, jimi has more emotion. :o
[/quote]
I don’t know - I have heard a lot of people talk about how great Jimi was and how he is better than Stevie, but I prefer the tone that SRV got from his guitar. The main difference is that Jimi used a Stratocaster with Alnico 5 magnet pickups and ran it through a Marshall 100 watt amp. Stevie used a Stratocaster with Alnico 2 magnet pickups and ran it through lower-watt Fender amps like the Super Reverb (40watts) and the Vibrolux(30 watts) and the Deluxe Reverb (22 watts). I think that the Fender amp tone was much sweeter.

More people share your opinion - but it is not one that I buy into. The thing that people are guilty of doing is saying that a pioneer is better than the people who refined the same genre - like saying that Hitchcock is better than anyone from a later period solely because he was a pioneer. I like Hitchcock, I like Hendrix - but I prefer Scorsese and SRV - just my opinion.

I do.

love love love Stevie’s music, you want to hear some amazing acoustic guitar, download Rude Mood unplugged version, shit is amazing