The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Do you think QT will ever make sequals in his movies if he already hasent

Like we all know that Quentin Tarantino made Volume 1 and Volume 2 for Kill Bill but what about other movies like he didnt make a second pulp fiction or reservoir dogs or Jackie brown. So you think he will make a sequal for Inglorius Bastards or his new martial arts movie or just any movie that he makes in the future.

I heard IB will be three parts.

Wow thats cool I hope if they there are three parts that they all are good.

In my opinion this thread is nonsens…

Why talk about something even QT doesn’t know?

I think this whole “sequal”-thing is a little lame right now…

That is so true Mr Bill!

For me every QT movie is a special thing, no need to get a sequal. I want him to make now IB and later on something else.

And KB has nothing to do with talking about sequals, cuz KB is for me one fucking movie I have seen in 2 Volumes and I´m waiting for “The One All Including” version…

QT developes himself with every movie, so there is no need for a sequal.

I know, Kill bill is just one movie. It had to be in 2 parts because it would go for 4 hours! It annoys me when people say,“I liked volume 1 better than volume 2” It’s like saying I liked the first half of the movie, y’know! No-one says that, really!

coughbullshitcough

Kill Bill vol.1 and vol.2 are TWO SEPERATE MOVIES! Stop lying to yourself! The truth will set you free

Here’s a test. Cut off the end of KBI and the beginning of KBII where they indicate a continuation. And then see if the movies are able to stand on their own. Then you’ll see, do I have a sequel.

KB I does not stand on it’s own because it’s ‘incomplete’.

KB II does. So it’s the sequel to KB I, because it ties up all the loose ends that KB I left behind.

and plus,

2 separate movie tickets = 2 movies

2 separate release dates = 2 movies

2 separate DVD’s = 2 movies

2 MOVIES, 1 STORY

[quote=“Vince_Vega”]
I heard IB will be three parts.
[/quote]

he sais he had 3 scripts, that doesnt mean the movie is gonna be 3 parts. as far as I can remember QT said he’s working on the final thing (singular!)

[quote=“Joseph”]
and plus,

2 separate movie tickets = 2 movies

2 separate release dates = 2 movies

2 separate DVD’s = 2 movies

2 MOVIES, 1 STORY

[/quote]

One story - one Movie ;D ;D

Above all, we all are waiting for the "Ultimate Volume" Version...

Ok, it’s technically 1 full movie or 2 movies and 1 story like CPS said. But it’s not like QT just simple chopped Kill Bill in half and said “here’s Volume 1, and here’s Volume 2.” Once he knew they were going to be released seperately, he added stuff to each movie to make them feel more complete and make sure that the audience didn’t feel too ripped off. So that’s why they work as 2 smaller movies inside one LARGE movie.

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
Ok, it’s technically 1 full movie or 2 movies and 1 story like CPS said. But it’s not like QT just simple chopped Kill Bill in half and said “here’s Volume 1, and here’s Volume 2.” Once he knew they were going to be released seperately, he added stuff to each movie to make them feel more complete and make sure that the audience didn’t feel too ripped off. So that’s why they work as 2 smaller movies inside one LARGE movie.
[/quote]

What the fuck? IL Buono with 3 posts? Did I miss something??

I don’t think QT should make any sequels ever, no matter what. Also he has that luxury of using the same character more than once in different films and so doing this kind of thing gives it a sequel feel only it not being an actual sequel which I think is better. I am totally against The Vega Brothers movie idea or Pulp Fiction 2 or Reservoir Dogs 2 or even Kill Bill: Volume 3 (maybe in 15 years I’ll welcome this idea).

Also, I don’t think Volume 2 is sequel to Volume 1. It was originally one script, and one movie, but because Miramax didn’t allow him to make a 4 hour movie he had two options thereafter; releasing only a 90 minute movie or releasing two 2 hour films. Seen as QT said he had too much good footage and ideas he didn’t want it to go on the cutting room floor and so he went for the appropriate choice of releasing the ONE film as two volumes. Volume 1 can’t be a seperate film all on it’s own because it is unfinished. In order for a sequel to be made I think the first film needs to be fairly ‘complete’ as in the viewer needs to be satisfied but obviously there is room for more story and thus a sequel can be made. But the viewer cannot possibly feel satisfied after watching Volume 1 as there is so much missing it can’t possibly be a film on it’s own. Yes there were 2 seperate releases dates, 2 tickets to buy and 2 DVD releases, but that doesn’t mean they are 2 seperate films and can stand all alone without needing the other. In the case of a sequel, we can do without not seeing the sequel(s) but if we do, it’s just broadening our knowledge of that story, we don’t ‘have’ to see it, with Kill Bill you can’t possibly be satisfied after watching just Volume 1, you need to watch Volume 2 to see the complete film.

It’s kind of like a set of encyclopedia’s. An encyclopedia that is too large would need to be released as volumes as you wouldn’t be able to release a HUGE book consisting of 2145685689 pages. Well, you could, but the reader wouldn’t want to buy it due to the sheer size of it. Therefore, the enclopedia would be released as volumes, I’ll use the example of 10 volumes. Now, you can’t possibly be satisfied with the first volume which will only have information ranging from A-C. What if you wanted info on Karl Marx? Therefore in order to feel satisfied and to get all the information needed, you would need to buy all the volumes in the set. Buy having justa few of the volumes means you only have a proportion of the information and not the ‘whole picture’. Can you see where I’m going with this?

Anyways. I’ll stop there.

I’ve only been here for like 2 days, dude. I’m a newbie. No need to use such strong language.

But Volume 1 and Volume 2 are two seperate films, because they were released seperately and marketed as two films. I’m not saying that they don’t combine to equal one bigger movie (which they do), but technically they’re two movies. And yes, you still feel like something is missing from only watching one of the volumes, but each on its own is so fucking awesome that they feel at least 80% complete. And tell me, what was the first thing you wanted to do after seeing Volume 1? Me, I wanted to go see Volume 1 again. Because even though there’s still alot of story left, it was such a highly kickass adrenaline-filled entertaining movie that I didn’t care. Kind of the same with V2, except more drama and emotion-wise. But you have to know that Kill Bill wasn’t just split into two halves and released like that, or else each Volume would have only been 90 minutes long and then they would have felt REALLY incomplete. But V1 is basically the action and V2 is the reaction…or drama. Or something like that. Yo.

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
And tell me, what was the first thing you wanted to do after seeing Volume 1?
[/quote]

Watch Volume 2

have a wank

[quote=“Ify”]

Watch Volume 2
[/quote]

No, If. The correct answer’s right above you:

[quote] And tell me, what was the first thing you wanted to do after seeing Volume 1? Me, I wanted to go see Volume 1 again.[/quote]

And when I say “Me” and “I”, I mean everyone.

ONE MOVIE!!! Quentin always considered it one film, he actully wanted to have an intermission, like old films have. so its one film aight!

Dude, we all know that…but V1 and V2 are still technically 2 movies. For reference, read my post above.

Okay, I’ll shut up now.