The Quentin Tarantino Archives logo

Do You Feel The Love?

There’s too much hate on this board. Say something nice to a fellow tarantino forum member here!

Make them feel loved.

Be honest! No bad jokes.

Haven’t we already tried this? …

[quote=“Bad Max”]
There’s too much hate on this board. Say something nice to a fellow tarantino forum member here!

Make them feel loved.

Be honest! No bad jokes.
[/quote]

You all are so cool!! :angel:

Old-schoolers:

Seb - I think he has done a brilliant job in getting this place together and having it last this long. The quality is improving all the time. And hey, QT loves this place, what more could you ask for?!

Scarface - I like how he has this presence about him that says “I know you’re full of shit, but I ain’t even going to bother arguing my point.” He has a cool film taste and is no stranger to putting somebody in their rightful place.

Seth_Gecko - He is full of knowledge and can be extremely mature. He really has a way of words about things, often on matters I find hard to explain. He is able to set the balance. Also a cool guy.

Angel - Is very cool. Another one to tell it like it is. He accepts no bullshit. I like that he loves the Bond franchise. We had some shit quite a while back, but now everything is gravy and we click.

cyber-lili - Love her enthusiasm for film. She is one of a very VERY few people who can see who I really am. She always tries to be nice and I envy that. Also, she keeps herself to herself (unless she’s with Bleach) and stays out of other shit.

Laydback - He has a sort of “man with no name” presence. He’ll be away for some time, and then return and I ask myself why I didn’t miss him. Again, another one with a genuine passion for film. Is full of filmic knowledge and get’s his job done around here (educating us who know nothing).

plunderbunnie - Another one of few members that knows who I really am. The conversations I have with her always nice. She loves sex and seems pretty wild. We get on quite well. I have never seen her angry. She’s very cool.

Newer guys:

Kilgore - I adore his enthusiasm and passion towards photograghy. He might not be the biggest of film fans, but he loves mingling with us and giving us his thoughts. He often likens one thing to something else (sometimes completely unrelated) so he’s full of pop culture knowledge. He can be really funny and cool.

Bad Max - For someone so young, he sure has a great taste in film. He is interested in a lot of films/directors that I am interested in. He is always wanting to expand his movie knowledge and that’s great. Will be very cool when he’s a bit older.

The one’s who are gone:

IL_Buono - Haha, oh boy. Everyone knows of our great feud. Despite all the shit that happened, very surprisingly we made up. Friendly for a year, enemies for 2 years now friends again. It was fun and extremely epic. But I have always loved his humour. He is one of few members that can make me laugh. He used to have a great appreciation and passion for directors that I did, like Leone. A genuine film fan. Will be keeping in contact with him, that’s for sure. One very cool dude. It’s a shame he lost his way a bit.

Pete - I don’t think I have known anyone to be more passionate about Quentin Tarantino’s films than this man. The one thing I always liked about him was that he could always tell you EXACTLY why he loved something in QT’s films. He could explain things like there was no tomorrow. He is similar to me in that respect.

MiaRose - Completely in love with her. She has a fucking brilliant personality. She is very funny and very cool. We share a lot of interests. Still talk to her and we have become very close. Also, she is a brilliant actress. Have seen her in a few things (UK TV) and she is wonderful. She is very pretty. I admire how she has been through all this shit, yet still overcame them and remains positive and colourful. I would do anything for her.

I’ve been coming here for over a year now - I’m a little older than everyone else here, but I’m not one of those assholes who thinks that younger people aren’t able to offer me new ideas and thoughts. Intelligent doesn’t have an age. As a matter of fact - I have more to gain by conversing with you than with older guys who know the same shit that I do - what does this have to do with this topic? - I love this forum because it is a refreshing escape from reality. There are the old familiars like Scarface, Ify, and Seb - and then there are the OCD’s like Me(the guy named Me, not me you dumb bastard!) and a couple of others who have racked up a million posts in a short time - the forum has something to offer everyone - film buff or not - it’s a cool place to be. If you can’t learn something by being here you are a total loser. my two cents worth.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
-and then there are the OCD’s like Me(the guy named Me, not me you dumb bastard!) and a couple of others who have racked up a million posts in a short time- [/quote]

Hey me, ever thought about a name change?!! It’s is kind of annoying when trying to refer to you… ;D

I seemed to gain many, many posts over a short period of time. Not only did this surprise me in a way that I was steadily wasting my life away at this forum, but it also surprised me that I had so much to talk about here. And the people are all great. Every one of you are. From Seb to DexPac, and besides the arseholes that spam on the forum from time to time, I seem to get along with everyone here. It’s cool to come here and just chill out once in awhile. -It’s also good for a laugh every now and then, too! I’m proud to be a member of such an upstanding community. ;D

I think we should all get together one day from around the world and have a huge QTA party. I think we could all do some major damage. 8)

I love this place, if it wasn’t for the people here I’d be long gone. First I was this stupid kid passionate about QT, getting excited about stuff everyone already knows and all that, but that passed and I don’t remember the last time I actually visited a QT film section. It’s mostly chat and stuff about other films now - and that’s the best thing about the forum, it’s full of movie lovers, in general, not just QT’s, like most other forums based on directors are.

I love how everyone’s got a personality here, seriously. I guess I like everyone, no kidding. A lot of stuff irritates me about some members, mostly childishness, but then I realized that it’s childish itself to GET irritated by it. And I got sort of ashamed that it seems to some like I’m actually willing to start fights, maybe I really am, though I think I’m not. Haha, this is already beginning to sound like some group-hug thing, but whatever. Lots of us could use it.

Even Ify, you son of a bitch, I’ll admit I like you, never thought I was going to say this, but whatever, you’re just terribly hard to get along with. It’s funny sometimes to irritate you but then at one point it goes unfunny, cause you make a big deal out of it. It would be boring as hell if there weren’t people like you around, to balance out the sugarsweetness of companionship and friendship. Admit it - we both love this place, and quarreling makes it seem less like we’re hopeless geeks. You study psychology, you’ve gotta know there’s truth in it. Ify, you know I like you, so stop acting like an asshole and… no, actually don’t, think of what the forum will turn into.

Okay, never done this before, but there’s a first time for everything, so here goes:

I like

Kilgore for his sense of humour - unchallenged, also honesty and that genuine Texan style (you may say you ain’t got it, but you’ve got it);

Scarface for badassness and putting people in their right places, another guy with terrific sense of humour;

Seth for the love-is-what-it’s-all-about attitude;

Me for friendliness and love for EVERYTHING, I can’t believe how there’s never a bit of anger in you, you make this place a lot more cosy;

Laydback for the awesome way he matches with his nickname and the way he is superior than ALL of you guys in cinema-knowledge but will never point it out (maybe it’s just grindhouse cinema, but you never know with this guy);

Hung Fist for seriousness and the way I can relate to him in many ways, at least I feel like it;

Angel for cynicism;

Seb for holding this place together no matter what and calmness and the way he doesn’t seem to be here much, but he’ll always show up when necessary.

I hate how these lists always make people that aren’t mentioned disappointed, but I can’t list everyone, so EXPRESS YOURSELVES more, so you are easier to remember and definitely worth mentioning.

And, of course, I found cyber-lili here in this forum which was like the best thing. You all know just how awesome she is!

I love the QTA!

is there a hate list?

Awww, all these kind words are gonna make me cum in my pants. You’d think it’s the Village People Forum, not QTA. :-*

This forum is as addictive as crack, seriously. The fact that everybody is so passionate about stuff makes it a hilarious read everyday. Somewhere along the lines of the AICN talkbacks, geeks with a sense of humour. That’s all a movie forum needs, and this one got it in spades. Wish old chums like Pete and Bullet start posting again though.

The thing is, and I also don’t want to make this sound like a group hug thing, but I absolutely love this place and love all the people in it. Like you said, Bleach - even the arseholes are loveable. I don’t hate anyone here. It’s no secret that I don’t like Bleach that much, but that’s just small potatoes. I’m sure that if I were to meet him in real life, he’d be one cool motherfucker.

Sometimes I say shit to members, call members out on something and appear to blow shit out of proportion - but it’s all in the name of fun. I’m never serious about it, regardless of how it comes across. You people aren’t my enemies, it’s just that when you’re part of a small group (like the QT Archives), it’s natural to form bonds with some whilst distancing yourself from others.

But when the time calls it, we all join forces and shit on whatever scum was to appear in our territory. I love that. I know (and hope) we all love each other really. I learn a hell of a lot here, and it is A LOT of fun. That’s why I’ve been here for 4 years.

Bleach, I know we have our arguments, and sometimes we can’t stand one another, but it’s nothing personal. I love how you say it how it is. You remind me a lot of one of my very good friends (he’s Czech).

But it’s great how we have so much diversity. So many different cultures and types of people. And we are all here for one cause - to talk about film. Sometimes we lose our way a bit, but that’s part of life.

We have a great community here, even if there is more bitching than normal. I think that’s just part of the fun. :wink:

[quote=“Scarface”]
Awww, all these kind words are gonna make me cum in my pants. You’d think it’s the Village People Forum, not QTA. :-*

This forum is as addictive as crack, seriously. The fact that everybody is so passionate about stuff makes it a hilarious read everyday. Somewhere along the lines of the AICN talkbacks, geeks with a sense of humour. That’s all a movie forum needs, and this one got it in spades. Wish old chums like Pete and Bullet start posting again though.
[/quote]
fuck pete. here I go again with my unhealthy obsession for him. seriously, we all have met a “pete”…as a matter of fact, the guy I know is actually named Pete! That mother-fucker knows everything and if you are in disagreement he will piss on you - when he saw Kill Bill he told me it was better than Pulp Fiction - he called it “QT’s best work ever” and I said “I prefer Pulp” THat douchebag went off on me like a virgin cock in the hands of Jenna Jameson! Yes…we have passion!

I think Pete will return sooner than later. He always seems to come up in every topic. It’s like he faked his own death or something…

wierd.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
is there a hate list?

[/quote]
I don’t see Il Buono on the list…

What movie is that from again? I’m totally at a loss of mind here. It’s an Adam Sandler flick, yeah?

billy madison

[quote=“ThaDuke”]
I think Pete will return sooner than later. He always seems to come up in every topic. It’s like he faked his own death or something…

[/quote]
Are you saying he’s pulling an Elvis on our asses?

more like a Jimmy Hoffa…Elvis didn’t have any enemies! :o

I dont contribute much to the relevant topics and usually my posts are confusing… even to me… so i dont get much love… though i do occasionally talk to plunderbunnie on MSN, and i know angel…

Anyway i may as well say it here… im going into the mountains for six days to guard a talking bird… ill be back next weekend…

Its taken me a long time to like Kilgore and appreciate his sense of humor. Im sure hes a good guy, but alot of times I felt like he was just here to be a loud annoying asshole. I have certain things that bug me, but Im really trying to accept people and not take things so serious. I never wanted anyone in here to not like me or think Im an asshole. Sometimes I just get pissed off when I feel like NOTHING is taken seriously at all. I like people who are sincere. I like people who are passionate about things like movies. I think Im a pretty good judge of people too. All you gotta do to be cool with me is show some sincerity. If you can do that, its all good.

So thats just where Im coming from. Cheers and heres to more good times in the QTA!

I just found Jimmy Hoffa! :slight_smile: