Disappointing  DVD's

well the director of American History X like disowned the movie… so no special edition on that one.

On the subject of DVD’s

What the fuck is up with the Alien Quadrology?

The DVD box set came out about 4 years ago, after wanting it for 2 years I bought it, cause as far as I’m concerned they wouldn’t come out with another box set right. Wrong. Now I hear there a set with nine discs, nine fucking discs that’s coming out. Kindof makes my puny little set seem like a piece of crap, even though it cost about 75 dollars. So I figure this new set will be 75 to 110 dollars. Am I the only one that sees this re-selling and re-packaging DVD sets as complete bullshit. They have all of the special features from the fucking get-go (maybe some weren’t done until just recently, but obviously it woudn’t have been hard to get them together, and get it right the first time), these slick as motherfuckers withheld half this shit, they had to have.

Now as a fan of the series(except Ressurection) I bought the first box set with out questions, some of it was stripped down, but I figured, “The important movies are old, maybe there just wasn’t that much stuff out there about them”, but now I know the truth, someone is a scumsucking moneygrubbing weasel. What really pisses me of is the fact that the Alien 5 or Alien vs. Predator (still not sure which on

they’re making) movie is gonna come out within the next two years, and with the prospect of success more sequels could come out. So these blood-sucking maggot are gonna have the opportunity to cash in on god knows how many box sets of the Alien series.

Calm down, Serenity now, I’m okay now

you prove a good point once the boxset is out imo the sereis should be disontinud ore the boxset shouldnt come out!

is the alien directors cut dvd the dvd that is out

In the new box you can choose between the original or the directors cut

i havnt seent he directors cut.

Raging Bull

Adventures of Baron Muchousen

Bugsy

Carlito’s Way

Mobsters

Dawn of the Dead

Dead Alive

[quote]Ragig Bull

Dawn of the Dead

Dead Alive
[/quote]
Dead alive already has a pretty solid DVD was well as Dawn of The Dead, DOTD has like three versions also.

Scarface Anniverssary Edition.

I thought it sucked, nothing interesting at all. Just the kind of shit that I easily could have found on the internet and not be as boring.

The deleted scenes were deleted for a reason, they sucked and added nothing.

Just not a great DVD.

I was atleast hoping for some behind the scenes footage or more commentaries…

oh yeah, and there was no commentary. Fucking shitty DVD

goodfellas…no extras + its a flipper…weak…

the untoucheables…

fight club…lots of extras…but they all suck dick…

[quote]fight club…lots of extras…but they all suck dick…[/quote]
What? I guess you just have to really be interested in the technical aspect of filmmaking to enjoy the extras, but what did you expect in terms of Features?

I thought that the Taxi Driver DVD was pretty dissapointing, the documentary was good, but they could’ve taken all that stuff from the Criterain edition LD. Or just done a new Criterain DVD with the 20th Anniversary re-mastered print.

tarantino_is_god, you smoke crack. The Fight Club extras are the bee’s knees. How can you say no to four commentaries? Oh yeah, because you didnt give the extras a chance…

Ow…I like that feature…but the rest sucks donkey balls in my opinion…

thats odd i loved the extras fromt he commentaries to how they showed how they shot the car accident scene and stuff like that

maybe you re right…I could give it another shot…but my opinion now is that they are boring extras…

Mulholland Drive is my favorite film, but the DVD sucks. Its special features aren’t special features.

Run, Lola Run DVD sucked too. All it had was a video and a director’s commentary.

The two films that I love and their DVD’s suck.

muholland dr. all it has is the trailer and cast bios. not even chapter select

I know. I remember I was watching Mulholland and had to stop half way through the film. When I wanted to go back and watch it, I had to fast foward through the whole thing. It took me ten minutes and by the time I got there, I was in no mood to see it anymore.

I would’ve liked it if David put some kind of commentary in there or a deleted scene. Anything of interest, really.

Don’t forget Lost Highway. Man that was a piece of trash DVD.

I can never find the Lost Highway DVD. I hear of it, but never see it.